Paul Cook

Just now, theowlsman said:

Being serious for a minute, I wouldn’t object. He has a lively personality and I think the players will get on with this one. He likes to play proper football I think?

Windass would certainly get on with him 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I thought Cook was a good fit when Monk left and still do. 

Don't get me wrong, he's not my ideal manager, but has the necessary knowledge and experience to work with and get something from our squad. We don't have a lot of quality, or money so important to maximise the resources we have and he has a good record of doing that and improving players.

Wouldn't be a sexy appointment by any means, but a sensible one. Time to get our head out of the clouds, looking at premier league experience and focus on where we are. 

I'd be pleased with his appointment and a lot more confident of staying up. 

• Like 2

Just now, striker said:

Don't get me wrong, he's not my ideal manager, but has the necessary knowledge and experience to work with and get something from our squad. We don't have a lot of quality, or money so important to maximise the resources we have and he has a good record of doing that and improving players.

Wouldn't be a sexy appointment by any means, but a sensible one. Time to get our head out of the clouds, looking at premier league experience and focus on where we are. 

I’d have more confidence in Thompson keeping us up than Cook.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I couldn’t disagree more. He’d be a f***ing car crash with this squad of players.

Who would be your choice Jim?

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We are an underdog club, aren't we?

We should be, but I don’t think we have that culture as a club at all.

The “we’re just little old Chesterfield, Wigan, Sheffield United” type line doesn’t really fit here.

Like when Evans was a fish out of water at Leeds 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve been banging the Cook drum for years now. He’s a very underrated manager and I think the fanbase would get behind him. Plays attacking football and has done a good job everywhere he’s been - which is rare in management nowadays.

He's done a good job with struggling clubs on limited budgets in difficult circumstances.

TBH we should have bypassed Pulis and gone straight to Paul Cook. I really can't see who is realistic, available and better qualified for the job at the moment.

I hope it happens.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not very inspiring but suppose he will do for six months or so

Which inspirational manager tops your wish list? 

1 minute ago, striker said:

We’re already out of the bottom three. I am told the players were inspired by my words the other day....

When you’re in the gutter, you can only look to the stars. We’ve had two wins since then. Maybe I should be manager?

Oh we happy few, we band of brothers.