Paul Cook

One of our better options. Foreign coach may improve what we have but imo we need someone also who knows the league we play in & the pool of players we & our competitors can realistically get. I think Big Nige to be guy that could unite fans & build team spirit whilst still shipping some out - would be my choice but also most likely to wind up DC. Think Cook probably knows current players & who to bring in/ship out & would be quietly effective. 

8 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Anyone know what style of football he plays ? Not really followed his career.

So, less on style, more on formation, but apparently in 19/20 in the Championship he played:

4-2-3-1 - 32 times

4-3-3 - 8 times

4-4-2, 3-5-2 and 3-4-2-1 - twice each

And in 2018/19 he played:

4-4-1-1 - 20 times

4-2-3-1 - 19 times

4-1-4-1 - 3 times

3-4-3, 3-5-2, 5-4-1 and 3-4-2-1 - once each

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would guess though that he is a number of managers the club have been in touch with. Strange how we never contacted him last time but have done this time. 

That's because it was all about Pulis, who was approached quickly.

We need Cook.  Whatever division we're in next season, he'd know what players to fetch in.

Can't see him taking any cräp from Chansiri though. Might turn out to be Pulis mark2.   

I'm happy with Thompson at moment.  Seems to know what he's doing.  Played about 600 games at Ipswich, Barnsley and other clubs.  Managed Boston when they were in the league I believe. Speaks very well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It wouldn't matter if a manager had won Champions league there would still be some who said that they had no experience of managing in the Championship or some other reason. 

There is only one thing that is 100% certain about whoever is appointed.  ... There will not be a unanimous positive reaction. 

True; whoever we appoint is likely to divide opinion.

I'm not sure there is a standout candidate right now, is there?

Regardless, until our club is run in a more professional manner, whoever we appoint is going to be up against it and unlikely to be able to perform to the best of their abilities - the club just isn't set up to enable them, is it?

Look at Chris Hughton: widely touted as the man for the job when Bruce walked out; goes to Forest and struggles to quickly turn them around. Why? Because the club isn't set up for success, not because Hughton is a bad manager.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd be happy with Cook.

I'm not going with the generic I want a foreign coach, although I'd be happy with the right foreign coach who's capable of stamping an identity on the team. 

Just to say foreign would suggest you would be happy with a Jos or Karanka for example.

• Like 2

The outstanding candidate for the job. Has always been very respectful of us as a club and the fan base.  Every club he has been at he has improved their position and has worked his way up from lower leagues in a Wilder like fashion. No brainer.

Although I also like Pearson there is no way on this earth after his experience with Mel Morris and Watford that Pearson would want to work with our chairman.

• Like 6