Paul Cook

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

The last time he was sacked from any job was at Sligo Rovers in January 2009 (was then reappointed a few weeks later and won three trophies with them).

Nice try.

Sligo's a fantastic place can't wait to go back. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Stop oppressing me 

I'd never oppress you.

It's your prerogative to be a bigot, just as it's my prerogative to point out how narrow-minded it is to reject a manager based on their place of birth.

Thankfully, we've employed scouse managers before, and our most recent promotion was achieved under the guidance of one.

Just now, S72 Owl said:

Cook is just the same as hiring Monk or Pulis or Bruce. Everyone keeps going on about that Wigan team last season. They had a fantastic run for about 2 months...so did Monk last season too. 

I think I’d gamble on another foreign manager again. 

He did, you're right. Wigan had a poor start to the season. 

You're also right, a foreign manager is a gamble, I'd suggest greater so than someone like Cook. Sometimes it may look impressive or exotic  to have promotions or cup wins on a CV from abroad , but which is most relevant a cup win in Japan for example or promotion from L1.

Difficult to judge until we know some of the other names linked, foreign or otherwise.

If at hope DC doesn't rush it this time, does his due diligence and picks someone he can work with. 

7 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Cook is just the same as hiring Monk or Pulis or Bruce. Everyone keeps going on about that Wigan team last season. They had a fantastic run for about 2 months...so did Monk last season too. 

I think I’d gamble on another foreign manager again. 

Cook and Bruce have won promotions. Bruce many times. I don’t think Monk has ever won anything. 

I think people just want Paul Cook because he’s the best known realistic  domestic name,  I don’t see how he fits in at our club ,  he won’t work under the set up the owner has in place therefore I really think it’s a non starter 

It’s alright ranting and raving about the why’s and what’s in terms of the set up, but what’s more important for me is finding a manager who CAN work under Chansiri because I still think we can comfortably stay up with the right man in charge 

We need another Carlos type appointment, an enthusiastic foreign coach who’s gonna fall in love with the club and work under the current set up, likes of Paul Cook are going to immediately clash heads over the way we do transfer business under Chansiri 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd never oppress you.

It's your prerogative to be a bigot, just as it's my prerogative to point out how narrow-minded it is to reject a manager based on their place of birth.

Thankfully, we've employed scouse managers before, and our most recent promotion was achieved under the guidance of one.

I''m been repressed come and see the violence inherent in the system

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I think people just want Paul Cook because he’s the best known realistic  domestic name,  I don’t see how he fits in at our club ,  he won’t work under the set up the owner has in place therefore I really think it’s a non starter 

It’s alright ranting and raving about the why’s and what’s in terms of the set up, but what’s more important for me is finding a manager who CAN work under Chansiri because I still think we can comfortably stay up with the right man in charge 

We need another Carlos type appointment, an enthusiastic foreign coach who’s gonna fall in love with the club and work under the current set up, likes of Paul Cook are going to immediately clash heads over the way we do transfer business under Chansiri 

Why can't Cook work for Chansiri?