Rooney claimed it was a penalty- it wasn’t...

We never thought for second that a penalty would be given for that. Some dodgy refs might have been pressured into giving it, but the ref last night was one of the best I have seen at this level. He allowed the game to flow, the players seemed to respect him (apart from when Derby players desperately wanted him to give them a penalty), but they all seemed to listen to what he said to them and got on with the game. Some of the Derby layers got a bit naughty late on, but that was because they were losing a six pointer and their behaviour was quickly kerbed by the ref with no fuss.

As you say Shandypants, Kadeem's hand was not in an unnatural position and the ball was fired at pace from behind another player. There was nothing Harris could have done to prevent the ball from hitting him, other than being somewhere else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, shandypants said:

...because Harris’s arm is not in an unnatural position. 

I bet Rooney's was a few years ago and he definitely paid the penalty.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, shandypants said:

...because Harris’s arm is not in an unnatural position. 

Dude, if there was VAR it would have 100% been a penalty. The rules suck but it WAS handball.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dude, if there was VAR it would have 100% been a penalty. The rules suck but it WAS handball.

3 or 4 months ago maybe not so sure now 

No way was it a pen 

Hammered at him from about a yard away Harris had no idea where the ball was or where it went and his arm wasn't in an unnatural position ( whatever that means ) 

The only people on the Sky Broadcast, who lets be honest were so pro Derby it was embarrassing, who thought it was were Keith Andrew and Wayne Rooney, none of the in studio pundits, even the Derby employee, thought it should have been a pen 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

3 or 4 months ago maybe not so sure now 

No way was it a pen 

Hammered at him from about a yard away Harris had no idea where the ball was or where it went and his arm wasn't in an unnatural position ( whatever that means ) 

The only people on the Sky Broadcast, who lets be honest were so pro Derby it was embarrassing, who thought it was were Keith Andrew and Wayne Rooney, none of the in studio pundits, even the Derby employee, thought it should have been a pen 

I’m almost certain it would have been given. I agree with you from a personal perspective.

If a ball is blasted at a player who has his arms In a natural position it seems obvious that it shouldn’t be a penalty as there isn’t any kind of foul play. Just an unavoidable accident. 
But I’m not certain what the rules actually are?

Clearly neither are the pundits or officials because they all disagreed with each other!

To some extent it doesn’t matter because it wasn’t given but I would like to know for sure what the rules are!

They change them more often than the COVID rules! It’s impossible to keep up (well impossible for me anyway- someone must be keeping up)!

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

If a ball is blasted at a player who has his arms In a natural position it seems obvious that it shouldn’t be a penalty as there isn’t any kind of foul play. Just an unavoidable accident. 
But I’m not certain what the rules actually are?

Clearly neither are the pundits or officials because they all disagreed with each other!

To some extent it doesn’t matter because it wasn’t given but I would like to know for sure what the rules are!

They change them more often than the COVID rules! It’s impossible to keep up (well impossible for me anyway- someone must be keeping up)!

Just looked it up on the FA website. It’s not an offence if the hand/ arm isn’t making the body ‘unnaturally bigger’. 

God knows what that means to be honest. Palmers arm was by his side. Is that making his body unnaturally bigger? Or is is naturally bigger?

if he dint have arms at all it would have gone past him. So is it supposed to be a pen?.

no wonder the refs can’t get it constantly right!

Who writes these bloody rules??