Kieran Lee to Bolton

Five pages of fans fawning over him like he was the Messiah... And he was; for half a decade he was a proper joy to watch.

I can't say much over and above what's already been said but for me the number of times I found myself saying "what's he doing there?" but in a GOOD way sets him apart from every other player we've had since the 90s. 

Everything looked effortless, a small thing for me was the final game of the play off failure season when we played Fulham at home, he did the most outrageous turn that sold the whole stadium. It was an anomaly as Keiran Lee didn't do that kind of thing, he was known for making the easy look easy, but he had that in his locker too.

He didn't normally need to do that kind of thing as he was the exemplar off letting the ball do the work, running and passing into space, he wasn't fast, he wasn't strong and he wasn't renowned for taking players on but he didn't need to, why take a player in when you can avoid the need by passing around them?

I honestly think he was the best signing we have made in 30 years in terms of someone playing in men's football (ie not a youth player stepping up like Brunt / Whelan)... We got him for nothing and he came with absolutely no baggage and was a mainstay in the best team we've had in forever.

The fact that he was unanimously loved says a heck of a lot in this age of the internet where there's always one with a contrary opinion.

• Like 1
  • Love 2