Rooney - Pitch not great

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why are people still living in the 1970s ffs.

The pitch looks poor to me and needs sorting. 

I don’t give a monkeys if pitches were even worse back in the 1970s. It’s 2021 and our pitch is getting worse. Could be contributing to the amount of injuries we’re getting too. 

C'mon now

Most of these posts are by posters who were in attendance when we last won the league back in the 30s.

Pining for the times they can smoke a woodbine with the keeper at half time

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It was hardly Ticky Tacka though was it!  

I dare say even our average lot now would outplay even the best sides we've had pre-1990.

You can never compare generations, because give that era todays training etc they would be comparable. 

No it wasn't ticky tacka but it was football. The bigger issue was tactics, playing the offside trap, cynical fouls 

I loved Kevin Keegan as a kid and my Dad took me t'Lane to watch a few games. The dullest bore fests you can have ever seen. As my Dad said "I had to show you the dark side Son to show you the light"

26 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Looks like it's been narrowed ny about 4/5 yards on each side. Not sure if that was a Pulis decision?

I thought pitch dimensions had to be notified to EFL at the start of the season and kept the same for the season. If I’m correct in that it was a Monk decision.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, darra said:

Why? What could we do about it? If they said we can't afford something to make it better do we all chuck a few bob at it? If they did say that it's just more ammunition for some to have a go at Chansiri. 

My point is that many complain about poor communication at this club. As supporters of the club many would like to be kept informed of some aspects of it. This is such a case. For example Swansea’s pitch was suffering from a grass disease and that was communicated. We knew the pitch was poor for years due to the flood and lack of funds, so most of us accepted that, rather than crucify the players when they took a bad touch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It was hardly Ticky Tacka though was it!  

I dare say even our average lot now would outplay even the best sides we've had pre-1990.

Bull@@@@ the side we've got now wouldn't outplay the 1880's side never mind the 1980's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I know the pitch isn’t exactly Wembley at the moment but what was the problem last night? It seemed to play ok. 

Rooney wouldn't have mentioned it had Derby won.

Maybe a bit of the "Fergie" influence coming out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dean, Josh or Gary? 

Gary’s done a bit of gardening on the red rec, allegedly, give him the groundsmans job 😂

Edited by GLOwl
Spelling
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Gary’s done a bit of gardening on the red rec, allegedly, give him the groundsmans job 😂

lol

sad tw@t watching Coronation St.

It’s not the Red Rec it’s the woods.

• Haha 1