3 Shots on target !

I’ve been reading on here how bad we were and how good Derby were , there finishing was shambolic and you won’t win games with finishing like that , so no Derby weren’t good last night , now to us we we decent in many areas and could/should have scored at least one more , but Rooney has no gripe except to his own players for not playing better , onwards and upwards 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Absolutely

Derby with 68% possession...14 shots of which 3 on target...

oh Wednesday with 32%...10 shots and 5 on target....

Almost like it’s not about possession this game init! 😄

One of my biggest gripes with modern football broadcasting is the emphasis placed on possession and all the stats 

as my old dad says the only stats that matter are in the results section of the mirror on Sunday morning 

14 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Absolutely

Derby with 68% possession...14 shots of which 3 on target...

oh Wednesday with 32%...10 shots and 5 on target....

Almost like it’s not about possession this game init! 😄

Those stats for 'on target' only include ones saved by Wildsmith - there were 5 blocked shots for Derby as well, only 1 for us. And some of those 5 were pretty last ditch - not the drilled into a crowd of players from 30 yards type blocks, more, keeper has no chance, this is going in type blocks.

image.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

One of my biggest gripes with modern football broadcasting is the emphasis placed on possession and all the stats 

as my old dad says the only stats that matter are in the results section of the mirror on Sunday morning 

Absolutely. I’ll take that every game from now on if we keep picking up points!

• Like 1

It's great to see us go on a little run of form, N.T has been able to keep it tight at the back whilst also committing more players forward. 

On the other hand, I cant help think we have been a little fortunate during this little run and need to bring in a manager who will give us an identity.

• Like 3

We rode our luck again. But wins breed confidence. That's all I care about. Even without Westwood, Börner, Van Aken, Dunkley, Flint etc we kept a clean sheet.  We need to get rid of Rhodes and Brown, and bring in two speedy strikers, and we might have a decent side then. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

We rode our luck again. But wins breed confidence. That's all I care about. Even without Westwood, Börner, Van Aken, Dunkley, Flint etc we kept a clean sheet.  We need to get rid of Rhodes and Brown, and bring in two speedy strikers, and we might have a decent side then. 

Trouble is all sides have an eye for a striker so will be very tough to land a decent one..

It was always the opposite under Carlos in the final season. We'd ******** around passing it for passing sake and the possession stats would be heavily in our favour. The opposition would then go root one and would get a looking drop and goal. Exactly how we're playing now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brando said:

Trouble is all sides have an eye for a striker so will be very tough to land a decent one..

We're in the driving seat, we have the 'worst' strike force in the division so a) we're at a lower starting point and therefore ANY half decent striker would improve us... we're shopping in a different department store to those at the top of the league so who they're after won't necessarily impact on our ability to get who we are after and b) any half decent striker would be GUARANTEED a game so we'd be a relatively attractive proposition for sending players on loan.

The only sticking point for loan strikers would be if our tactics grate with those of the parent club and they therefore don't want the player to come to us. Other than that I'm cinfident we can do some business.

You don’t need to use stats to see how we played. We are a poor side who are scrapping for everything. A few good players who have no confidence, a few low level championship players and some league one at best shithouses. 

We’ve let the pitch go to shit to try to level the playing field with teams who can pass the ball. We played about three passes last night because we know it’s not worth trying as our players are technically deficient.

Stay up if we can and completely start again. We need a manage with a long term vision and plan. No more short term fixes, get a young manager who wants to build the club. Stop giving extensions to poor players.

If we get another Pulis or Monk type we will lose a generation of fans. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

You don’t need to use stats to see how we played. We are a poor side who are scrapping for everything. A few good players who have no confidence, a few low level championship players and some league one at best shithouses. 

We’ve let the pitch go to shit to try to level the playing field with teams who can pass the ball. We played about three passes last night because we know it’s not worth trying as our players are technically deficient.

Stay up if we can and completely start again. We need a manage with a long term vision and plan. No more short term fixes, get a young manager who wants to build the club. Stop giving extensions to poor players.

If we get another Pulis or Monk type we will lose a generation of fans. 

Agree with this,  we have been fortunate with the run of the ball in the last 4 games but it happens.  We have 9 players injured at the moment who would be considered first team players so thats not really helping. 

But definitely feel now is the time to appoint someone for the long term, who’s happy to work with Chansiri’s team and get us moving up the table.