Josh Widass - Hamstring Injury

19 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

But bear in mind each club submits a squad of 25 players. Can add as many home grown players from the academy as they wish. Therefore, nominally if player well-being and duty of care really was the primary concern you could have 3 completely different teams of 11 and rotate them. The issue really is the pressure to get results and financial consequences of failure not the schedule. 

I’m aware of that, but what you say is an absolute crock of poo .

If clubs across the board are having to sacrifice quality of matchday teams due to injuries caused by the amount of games vs time the issue is the schedule, not the desire to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

I’m aware of that, but what you say is an absolute crock of poo .

If clubs across the board are having to sacrifice quality of matchday teams due to injuries caused by the amount of games vs time the issue is the schedule, not the desire to win.

Why assume they have to sacrifice quality of match day teams ? There would be less injuries to the better players if there was more rotation.based on your own logic. 

17 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why assume they have to sacrifice quality of match day teams ? There would be less injuries to the better players if there was more rotation.based on your own logic. 

So replacing hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent in the matchday squad doesn’t weaken it?

And yes exactly my point - more rotation = lesser injuries but also = lesser quality

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So replacing hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent in the matchday squad doesn’t weaken it?

And yes exactly my point - more rotation = lesser injuries but also = lesser quality

Accumulate enough injuries and that will be the end result regardless

Compromise has to be factored in somehow

13 hours ago, scram said:

Man City have one of the best medical and sports science teams in world football

Their soft tissue injuries are 50% up on last season

Without doubt it is the lunacy of the ridiculous scheduling

Euro's should have been cancelled, international breaks cancelled and the season extended

These are unprecedented times but football thinks it just carries on as normal without consequence...

If we are still out of the relegation places by the end of today I suggest they cancel the rest of the season and use the final placings to decide relegation and promotion. I know it means we won't have any hope of promotion this year but we must be brave and accept that to protect the health of the players who are under too much stain. It seems like the only reasonable thing to do.lol

Edited by prowl

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Didn’t Tone say that he knew what was causing injuries and had sorted it or did I dream that?

Yes he did. He found out that it was training and playing matches that were causing the injuries. He decided we would stop training and exerting ourselves during games.

Edited by prowl
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Accumulate enough injuries and that will be the end result regardless

Compromise has to be factored in somehow

When it’s actively caused by a fixture schedule then the schedule needs looking at. The schedule is clearly requiring clubs to go above and beyond what’s reasonable.

The solution cant be to degrade the competition by requiring weaker sides to be put out. 

Honestly, there’s a player welfare aspect. And I could even see a potential lawsuit if a major elite player suffers a serious injury

• Like 1

Hamstring is normally only a tear or partial tear from not warming up properly. As windass was 30 minutes into the game it must only be a slight pull due to fatigue. Having done a hamstring myself. If it's torn you can't walk unassisted off the pitch. People nearby actually heard mine snap. Awful feeling. Sure a couple of weeks rest he should be close to being OK for the Coventry game. Provided he can do some cardio to keep himself fit without aggravating it. 

Can't see windass going anywhere. We need more forwards not selling any. 

Let's face it. Only Wednesday buy injured players anyway. 

Edited by hirstys_achilles
Spell

1 hour ago, Django said:

A bad hamstring will be the least of his worries when he hears Paul Cook’s getting the job 

They are both adults and would sort it out. 

Cook wouldn't have much choice anyway. We are hardly blessed in the striker department.

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Hamstring is normally only a tear or partial tear from not warming up properly. As windass was 30 minutes into the game it must only be a slight pull due to fatigue. Having done a hamstring myself. If it's torn you can't walk unassisted off the pitch. People nearby actually heard mine snap. Awful feeling. Sure a couple of weeks rest he should be close to being OK for the Coventry game. Provided he can do some cardio to keep himself fit without aggravating it. 

That's just a work of fiction

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Can I say at this point that I even trust Sheffield Wednesday’s physio team over this made up nonsense opinion?

Ta

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

It seems I rate Windass a lot less than most of our fans.

I will be surprised and disappointed if Windass is a regular starter up front after this transfer window. Poor finisher, poor passer and way too greedy.