Josh Widass - Hamstring Injury

It doesn’t matter about the injury. Jan window opens imminently and I’ve been reliably told (on here) that Spendmageddon is on its way!

Soon we will have so many striking options it will be embarrassing how many quality players can’t even get on the bench!

Believe!!

🙏

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Every game I watch seems to have multiple injuries, and not minor ones

The schedule is bonkers and - in my mind    at least - is not providing a duty of care to the players

Man City have one of the best medical and sports science teams in world football

Their soft tissue injuries are 50% up on last season

Without doubt it is the lunacy of the ridiculous scheduling

Euro's should have been cancelled, international breaks cancelled and the season extended

These are unprecedented times but football thinks it just carries on as normal without consequence...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Thought Kachunga stepped up well when given his opportunity. Missed a good chance but he really put himself about and was generally a nuisance to the Derby players.

Hoping its his time to shine now as he hasn't really been given the opportunity to.

Agree with this. He had a good impact.

Also tonight showed why we’ve been bringing Brown on instead of Rhodes. 

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Agree with this. He had a good impact.

Also tonight showed why we’ve been bringing Brown on instead of Rhodes. 

Agree about Kachunga but it's time up for Rhodes and Brown, might as well give one of the young academy strikers a chance. 

7 hours ago, scram said:

Man City have one of the best medical and sports science teams in world football

Their soft tissue injuries are 50% up on last season

Without doubt it is the lunacy of the ridiculous scheduling

Euro's should have been cancelled, international breaks cancelled and the season extended

These are unprecedented times but football thinks it just carries on as normal without consequence...

Agree with this and it’s not been made any better by the past managers refusing to use their all their subs or rotate/rest. How the likes of Kachunga, Rhodes, Penney, Brown etc. have been largely sat in the stands while Windass, Paterson, Reach, Bannan chase shadows twice a week is criminal. 

Hopefully the Exeter game gives us a chance to rest up and allows some of the fringe players to prove their worth a bit. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Every game I watch seems to have multiple injuries, and not minor ones

The schedule is bonkers and - in my mind    at least - is not providing a duty of care to the players

But bear in mind each club submits a squad of 25 players. Can add as many home grown players from the academy as they wish. Therefore, nominally if player well-being and duty of care really was the primary concern you could have 3 completely different teams of 11 and rotate them. The issue really is the pressure to get results and financial consequences of failure not the schedule. 

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Didn’t Tone say that he knew what was causing injuries and had sorted it or did I dream that?

He'll have emailed someone if he did lol

Think it's more likely that teams have been asked to play 3 games every 7 days for almost a month to compensate for the ridiculous international breaks. Should settle down once we get back to Saturday games. 

13 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

9 games is something like 30 days is always going to cause niggles and strains so no real surprise really. 

I am surprised that we’ve not tried to rotate the squad a little bit more though - we have looked leggy and fatigued in most of our games with a fully fresh bench to choose from. 

I thought Kachunga would have got more game time for Windass and Harris and Brown for Paterson....