Harris ‘penalty’ and VAR

17 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I genuinely do not believe that the Harris incident was a penalty. He was two yards from Oddjob, his arms were in their natural position and it was ‘ball to hand’. I don’t think I am viewing it through rose tinted glasses either. While I might have shouted for it, the other way round, I do not believe that was a penalty and wouldn’t have expected it to be given to us....

However, if we were in the Prem and VAR were involved, would that have been given as a pen? There is no question it hit his arm, under today’s rules, does that therefore make it a pen?

VAR and their strikers sent off for uncontrolled lunge on Reach.

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

If it stays as just the Prem using VAR I think we will be spared that privilege for a long time 

We’ve already been shafted by VAR.. remember the Chelsea cup game last season when they overturned the penalty we won when it was 0-0

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

We’ve already been shafted by VAR.. remember the Chelsea cup game last season when they overturned the penalty we won when it was 0-0

Sorry January 2019 was two seasons ago.. feels like 10 years

it would have been really harsh, but you've seen them given. Michael Johnson gave a good summary when he said summat about Harris not changing his movement - he actually was pulling his arm away from the ball's trajectory, whether intentional or not as it happened from 4 yards and quick speed.

5 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

BBC sports reckon it was blatant handball, think reporter still p!seed from New Years party.

just looked at that - WTF:

But Derby were left aggrieved after being denied by referee Matt Donohue for a late penalty, for a blatant handball against Kadeem Harris - a decision that would little doubt have been overturned by the video assistant referee had this been a Premier League game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

just looked at that - WTF:

But Derby were left aggrieved after being denied by referee Matt Donohue for a late penalty, for a blatant handball against Kadeem Harris - a decision that would little doubt have been overturned by the video assistant referee had this been a Premier League game.

Just read that, no journalist has put their name to that fantastic piece of reporting!

29 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Still reckon var would have now viewed that as a natural position, since they changed the interpretation weeks back 

This is spot on. In the first few weeks of the season VAR would have given that, they tweaked the rules after understandable uproar and there has been plenty of similar incidents in recent weeks that have not resulted in penalties. 

18 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Didn’t they change the handball rule earlier in the season for VAR anyway as there were some daft decisions being given out?

Yes. There was one similar that went to VAR in the Man United v Wolves  game last week not given and Clattenberg said as much regarding rules and natural positions. 

• Like 1

Handball given if .. "The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line"." - BBC

Hand/arm were not clearly away/outside from the body line, because his left leg is also out even further.

Wouldn't have been given, but it's nice to get angry about something that didn't happen and wouldn't have happened.  Not only would Derby have got two penalties, we'd have been docked 15 points for it.  fizz the EFL!

They tinker with the rules of the game way too much.

Handball  should only be given when deemed to be deliberate like it used to be , not muddying the waters with this n that interpretation.just like the offside ruling forever tinkering with it .

Think it’s the football authorities trying to justify their existence.

• Like 1