F1 2021

Essix Blue

7 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Sir Frank Williams has died:

Sir Frank Williams: Formula 1 team founder dies aged 79

Sad news. I think he was the last of the old school team bosses, albeit he stepped back several years ago.

aaah poo. My earliest memories when I really got into F1 was Frank and the Williams team. Mansell obvs first but what history and success they had. 

Amazing he lived so long after that terrible accident. 

RIP Sir, a true F1 legend. 

Also - that video when Lewis takes him for a lap at Silverstone is one of my favourites 

• Like 3

Red Bull complain to F1 chiefs over ‘one-sided’ decisions

Red Bull boss Helmut Marko discussed “one-sided” decisions in favour of Mercedes with Formula 1 bosses this season.

The two F1 teams have been enthralled in battles due to how close a title race it has been between their respective drivers Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton. Currently Verstappen leads Hamilton by eight points with just two races to go.

Marko says he spoke to the FIA and Liberty Media about regulatory changes around the rear wing which were implemented after Mercedes complained about Red Bull.

“When Mercedes saw that we were equal or even faster, they first came up with flexi wings and then with all kinds of other false arguments,” Marko told motorsport.com.

“We took those actions as a very unsportsmanlike gesture and afterwards we also focused on what happens at Mercedes, for example with those wings. That’s all part of it when the battle is as intense as it is this year and especially when someone is not used to another team offering competition...

“We felt that there was a certain one-sidedness in the decisions. But in the meantime we have had several discussions with the FIA and also with Liberty, so I would say that it is partly ‘part of the game’.”

He might have a argument apart from the small matter the FIA changed the rules before the season to purposefully hinder Mercedes

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, darklord said:

He might have a argument apart from the small matter the FIA changed the rules before the season to purposefully hinder Mercedes

Anyone think Red Bull are starting to panic knowing the Mercs will be using their Brazil engine in the final two races? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scram said:

Saudi track looks pretty intimidating - loads of potential hazards

Practice today at 1.30pm and 5pm

Practice tomorrow at 2pm and quali at 5pm

Race on Sunday at 5.30pm

imagine max coming at you on one of those corners. Its going to get messy.