F1 2021

4 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If he breaks Schumacher's record then he might figure that it's best to quit when you're ahead.

That was said that if he does nobody is likely to beat it anytime soon. Suggestion that he might be a diversity ambassador or something.

14 minutes ago, darra said:

That was said that if he does nobody is likely to beat it anytime soon. Suggestion that he might be a diversity ambassador or something.

He's got other interests outside of F1, hasn't he. Music, fashion etc. Plus his burgeoning campaigning on things like diversity and the environment. I don't think he's the sort of person who will wind down into semi retirement or a more relaxing job.

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

I’ve got a feeling he’ll pack it in if he wins this year. He gives the impression of someone who wants to do other stuff whilst relatively young. I don’t see him being in a ‘non competitive’ car

That was my thought. Depends does he want to push his records as far as he can more than push his fashion range, campaigning, etc? 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 12:49, darklord said:

That was my thought. Depends does he want to push his records as far as he can more than push his fashion range, campaigning, etc? 

I can see him staying in that Merc and going for 10 world titles. He has the best car, and is still young enough to do three more seasons. 

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I can see him staying in that Merc and going for 10 world titles. He has the best car, and is still young enough to do three more seasons. 

I'd have thought that but he seemed to get a bit of a strop on towards the end of the season when some of the drivers weren't taking the knee and in his opinion not doing enough BLM stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

He has the best car now, yes. But changes are coming - who knows where Merc will be in 2 years

2 hours ago, darra said:

I'd have thought that but he seemed to get a bit of a strop on towards the end of the season when some of the drivers weren't taking the knee and in his opinion not doing enough BLM stuff.

I think it was more the obvious bullshit excuses from people like Max saying they couldn't kneel as they wanted to focus on racing, or complaining that it was still going on at the end of the season as if the problem had disappeared. 

He specifically said people shouldn't have to kneel after the first race.

2 hours ago, southportdc said:

I think it was more the obvious bullshit excuses from people like Max saying they couldn't kneel as they wanted to focus on racing, or complaining that it was still going on at the end of the season as if the problem had disappeared. 

He specifically said people shouldn't have to kneel after the first race.

He’s right they shouldn’t have to. It should be down to individual choice 

• Love 1

So...

Engine freeze approved for 2022. Paves the way for Red Bull to take over Honda's engine development.

Saturday Sprint races could be trailed at three races next season

Portugal confirmed to take the remaining calendar space

Alonso hit by a car whilst cycling and in hospital (suspected broken jaw from early rumours)

11 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

So...

Engine freeze approved for 2022. Paves the way for Red Bull to take over Honda's engine development.

Saturday Sprint races could be trailed at three races next season

Portugal confirmed to take the remaining calendar space

Alonso hit by a car whilst cycling and in hospital (suspected broken jaw from early rumours)

Saw about the sprint races the other day with quali on Fridays.

What on earth have they done, and continue to do, to the sport I used to love and watch religiously....

Sprint races? Any sort of hostorical comparision has gone with the alteration of point systems and now additional races each weekend.

The soul has gone, the sound, the tracks.

Edited by mark77
  • Like 2