F1 2021

3 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

ill trust my own judgement, and the tv pundits and every poll on twitter. Lewis more to blame, if anyone.

Over the stewards who have access to all camera angles, telemetries etc? Ps DC on channel 4 didn't blame it on Lewis and Horner was very none moaney (even about the penalty), which speaks volumes

20 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Over the stewards who have access to all camera angles, telemetries etc? Ps DC on channel 4 didn't blame it on Lewis and Horner was very none moaney (even about the penalty), which speaks volumes

Yes. Horner was very diplomatic before the judgement was made, I think he knew Max was slightly in the wrong. 

Under the circumstances i suppose both teams/drivers have different reasons to be satisfied

Max because its a merc track and could have seen Lewis gain quite a few points on him

Lewis because of his disaster yesterday leaving him needing snookers - so to just be a net 5 points down wasn't the worst

I suppose max will take his new engine to coincide with the grid penalty which will soften the blow somewhat

Lewis will have to take his penalty (currently at least) without further sanction so more compromised than max

Poor from both lewis and max though - and both their teams who f*cked up their pit stops - though unusually for RB it must be said

• Like 1

The more I see it the more I think that Verstappen should not be starting in Sochi. Hamilton could have been killed or seriously injured. It seems to me that in Verstappen's mind he feels that if he gets alongside another driver they should yield. He must have seen that kerb coming up and that he had to back off.

26 minutes ago, darra said:

The more I see it the more I think that Verstappen should not be starting in Sochi. Hamilton could have been killed or seriously injured. It seems to me that in Verstappen's mind he feels that if he gets alongside another driver they should yield. He must have seen that kerb coming up and that he had to back off.

An additional thing to consider is that he was absolutely raging about that pit stop. He'd clearly got the kite on and was seeing red a bit.

We are already at the point that any time they are side by side going into a corner there is a strong likelihood of fireworks. They've both got a chip on their shoulder and aren't going to yield space. Throw in a temper tantrum after dropping down to 10th after an awful stop, and Max has little benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

An additional thing to consider is that he was absolutely raging about that pit stop. He'd clearly got the kite on and was seeing red a bit.

We are already at the point that any time they are side by side going into a corner there is a strong likelihood of fireworks. They've both got a chip on their shoulder and aren't going to yield space. Throw in a temper tantrum after dropping down to 10th after an awful stop, and Max has little benefit of the doubt.

Its why you want a 3 way fight. If Perez or Bottas were within 50 points they would be much less likely to crash.

Hopefully Russell can keep up with them next year, I think he will. 

Wow this video is amazing.   First 20 seconds  the 20 cars went round first corner and gave each other room and no-one died.

2 Mins.... later pit exit LH swings out left and gives the guy no room and boom.

5 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

That was my thought, bit of Red Mist. Its Max's downfall and I think in a year or two he will add more composure to his game and think of the long game better.

The bit that really annoyed me? Max not even checking lewis was ok, walked straight past. I find that more telling than anything

I don't know what Lewis was supposed to do?

He was in front - did he just have to let max through every time?

If Lewis hasn't yielded several times this season then they have collided a lot more regularly

Max needs to reflect on his own behaviour

7 minutes ago, scram said:

If Lewis hasn't yielded several times this season then they have collided a lot more regularly

As I understand it, as he was always in front then Lewis has the right to take the racing line - which he did

Look where Lando is in front - the line Lewis is taking - heading for the apex - and he is in front and always was

Max should have backed out but he had the red mist

Even RB were very contrite in their response after the race with at best them imploring it as a racing incident

• Like 2

20 hours ago, scram said:

First lap is a perfect example. Max was more than happy to run lewis wide and off the track even though they were side by side on entry but then complains about not having space when he was nowhere near alongside and never was.

18 hours ago, scram said:

Look where Lando is in front - the line Lewis is taking - heading for the apex - and he is in front and always was

Max should have backed out but he had the red mist

Even RB were very contrite in their response after the race with at best them imploring it as a racing incident

Spot on 

Look at the first Lap incident too Verstappen drove Hamilton wide because it was HIS corner and Hamilton paid the penalty having to get out of it and losing places 

The 2nd incident was a reverse it was Hamiltons corner as he was leading and imo and more importantly the stewards opinion,  Verstappens responsibility to get out of it and avoid contact just as Hamilton did first lap 

I see nothing wrong with what Verstappen did 1st lap, i don't like this " he ran me off the track" nonsense that is always cited don't put your car in a closing wedge then, equally Verstappens line inevitably led to contact which he could have and should have avoided in the 2nd incident 

Other than that overjoyed that Danny Ric was back on the top step and great that McLaren get a long awaited win