F1 2021

LH and Merc chuck yet another gift away

Driver of the day Danny Ric - by a distance

Awesome for the Mac's - been nice to have seen a Ferrari on the podium too

That's on Hamilton.

He didn't give him enough room (,just like max did to Lewis on lap 1). But it meant max got airborne and they collided.

Hard racing but Lewis knows Max won't give an inch and he was going onto the faster tyre he should have given a bit more room.

5 minutes ago, trev said:

That's on Hamilton.

He didn't give him enough room (,just like max did to Lewis on lap 1). But it meant max got airborne and they collided.

Hard racing but Lewis knows Max won't give an inch and he was going onto the faster tyre he should have given a bit more room.

Give him room where? It’s the tightest chicane on the calendar, you never see 2 cars together there except on the first lap.

Max was never alongside so had no right to keep pushing and expect everyone to just move out of the way for him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Give him room where? It’s the tightest chicane on the calendar, you never see 2 cars together there except on the first lap.

Max was never alongside so had no right to keep pushing and expect everyone to just move out of the way for him.

Plenty if cars go through there side by side. All the time. 

He was alongside.

I agree about the last bit but that's not the style of him. He can be wreckless. 

I am a Lewis fan by the way. But I don't think max is to blame for this.

21 minutes ago, trev said:

3 place penalty for verstappen.

Didn't expect that. 

Neither did I. Horrific crash tbh. 

I dunno, I see things like that and hear both sides and still don’t really understand the decision. 

lol

13 minutes ago, scram said:

I didn't think Max was ever fully alongside tbh

If they do deem either driver responsible then 3 place grid penalty doesn't seem much of a punishment

I guess there can be a ‘percentage of liability’. Not like totally at wrong but enough to warrant a slap. 

ill trust my own judgement, and the tv pundits and every poll on twitter. Lewis more to blame, if anyone.

i think its 2 drivers both in the wrong for different reasons, one not giving enough room and the other taking too much of a risk,  but christ if ppl cant get alongside one another without the consequence of penalty points and grid drops then why bother attempting. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scram said:

LH and Merc chuck yet another gift away

In terms of the accident, I'll reserve judgement. My immediate reaction is that Lewis had the line, but we'll see. Ironically that might not have worked out too bad for him. Considering the shocker this weekend was for LH, Max only extending his lead in the Championship by a couple of points isn't a bad outcome. Potential penalties notwithstanding of course.......

Personally, I wonder how much he compromised his race with that reckless failed overtake on Lap 1. He really didn't need to take that risk. With DR holding Max up, Lewis could easily have kept up and that would have given Merc some tactical options. As it was, he lost time behind Lando; only a few seconds, but how crucial might that have been?

Anyway, today belongs to Daniel Ricciardo and McLaren. It's been a long time coming for the team in Orange.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

In terms of the accident, I'll reserve judgement. My immediate reaction is that Lewis had the line, but we'll see.

Now confirmed that Max has been handed a 3 place grid penalty at the next race.

Waiting on Christian Horner to throw his toys out of the pram again............

Didn't see the race but saw the crash in YouTube. Looked like Verstappen went a bit Mario Kart again. As others have said Verstappen was looking for a line that didn't exist.

• Like 1