F1 2021

15 hours ago, scram said:

Why wasn't Lewis penalised for the overtake on Charles in pretty similar circumstances?

Not even a peep from Charles or Ferrari that i'm aware of

Lewis actually backed out of the move with Leclerc, but Charles was too busy concentrating on Hamilton and wasn't watching where he was going. 

8 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

There wasn't any contact between them.

Because Charles left the track

If he turned in like Max did there would inevitably have been contact

RB need to stop filling their nappies and grow a pair

They're embarrassing themselves now

• Like 3

You'd almost think that RB are worried that they are going to start losing their car advantage over Mercedes. 

• Like 3

Any incident where both drivers have the option of backing out and don't should be classed as a racing incident. Both had the option of lifting and neither did. F1 needs to stop looking the blame someone for every accident.

Penalties should only be handed out when the driver who suffers is put in a situation where an accident is inevitable. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Any incident where both drivers have the option of backing out and don't should be classed as a racing incident. Both had the option of lifting and neither did. F1 needs to stop looking the blame someone for every accident.

Penalties should only be handed out when the driver who suffers is put in a situation where an accident is inevitable. 

Absolutely spot on. Max got the line wrong IMO, he turned in. He could have avoided the collision as easily as Lewis could have. There was room for him to stay on the track but, he’d forced himself wide with the line he took into the corner. That’s not Lewis‘ fault and, Lewis shouldn’t have to move because Max fizzed up!

• Like 2

Fans moaning they want proper racing then start crying because they get proper teaching but they didn't want Hamilton to win because he eats babies and once dry humped mother Theresa behind a kebab shop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anybody know who the stewards are/were? You'd think there would be at least one ex driver in there like Hill, Coulthard or Rosberg. You know someone who knows what it's like to drive in situations like that.

On 18/07/2021 at 13:24, darra said:

Not sure if I can't bothered to watch it today.. If Verstappen gets to the first bend in the lead it's likely to be a procession again

So Max gives up the apex letting Lewis have the racing line. An unjust decision as Max tries so hard to take it back and crashes. Lewis probably wouldn't have won the sprint out of the corner; But no blame attached for him trying. Well done Lewis! and all with a 10 second stop go penalty lol  

I love F1 but i'm not an expert (by any means) on the finer points of race craft

But when literally nobody to my knowledge has come out and said it's completely Hamilton's fault then surely not only should that tell RB to shut it but also the F1 hierarchy should be telling them to do one too!

Seeing the incident as a novice multiple times it is one of those occasions where one driver has to yield - on every other occasion it's been LH that has yielded

It cannot be that Max being super aggressive means he is infallible at all times

Lewis showed him why he is the greatest driver ever and even at his (for f1) ripe old age he's still gonna fight every inch of the way

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scram said:

I love F1 but i'm not an expert (by any means) on the finer points of race craft

But when literally nobody to my knowledge has come out and said it's completely Hamilton's fault then surely not only should that tell RB to shut it but also the F1 hierarchy should be telling them to do one too!

I'm happy to go on record as saying that Lewis was more at fault than Max. But probably only in the ratio 60 : 40.

The thing is that we as viewers have the luxury of time and detailed information to consider these things. We get to see multiple replays. We get to see more replays of the incident from different angles. We get the TV commentators analysis of the incident. We get frame by frame views of the collision while the commentators describe exactly what happened. Basically, we have plenty of time to review, absorb and understand what happened. For Lewis, though, this all happened in a matter of seconds while he and Max were literally wheel to wheel racing, and he was hardly in a position to crunch the numbers.

Personally, I think the stewards decision was a good one and the penalty (the second lightest available to them) was appropriate, whatever RB claim to the contrary.

6 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Meanwhile, Sebastian Vettel stayed behind to help the stewards/clean up crew to clean the stands of litter...

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/19/sebastian-vettel-tidies-up-after-british-gp-as-fans-leave-silverstone-in-a-mess-14950305/

He's a top bloke, Seb Vettel. Anyone remember how, several seasons ago after he'd wrapped up a drivers title, he actually stayed behind and helped the pit crew pack up the garage so they could get to the team party on time?

I once read comments on an F1 message board from someone who had dealings with Red Bull (who Seb drove for at the time). They said he was an absolute class act who always remembered the names of the workers at the RB factory and made sure that when he visited he found time to chat to them all.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

He's a top bloke, Seb Vettel. Anyone remember how, several seasons ago after he'd wrapped up a drivers title, he actually stayed behind and helped the pit crew pack up the garage so they could get to the team party on time?

I once read comments on an F1 message board from someone who had dealings with Red Bull (who Seb drove for at the time). They said he was an absolute class act who always remembered the names of the workers at the RB factory and made sure that when he visited he found time to chat to them all.

Gotta admit....he does come across as a true gent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'm happy to go on record as saying that Lewis was more at fault than Max. But probably only in the ratio 60 : 40.

The thing is that we as viewers have the luxury of time and detailed information to consider these things. We get to see multiple replays. We get to see more replays of the incident from different angles. We get the TV commentators analysis of the incident. We get frame by frame views of the collision while the commentators describe exactly what happened. Basically, we have plenty of time to review, absorb and understand what happened. For Lewis, though, this all happened in a matter of seconds while he and Max were literally wheel to wheel racing, and he was hardly in a position to crunch the numbers.

Personally, I think the stewards decision was a good one and the penalty (the second lightest available to them) was appropriate, whatever RB claim to the contrary.

The thing to remember is that the stewards have lots more information at hand to make their decisions. I still think it was a racing incident. That's why as I said earlier there should be ex drivers on the stewards panel. It's ok looking at streams of data and videos but they would know what they would do and how they'd react in such situations holding the steering wheel.

I’m not sure LH would have got a penalty if it hadn’t have been such a big crash. Similar to football, when a player gets a red because he’s seriously injured an opponent with a relatively innocuous challenge 

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/motorsports/completely-unintentional-is-ricciardos-verdict/ar-AAMm7kB?ocid=sf

Another opinion

They say that your peers are the best judge and in this case that is the other drivers. Other than connections of Red Bull there does not seem to have been any condemnation from the other drivers that Hamilton was totally at fault. 
     The other drivers were in fact seen congratulating him on his win including Charles Leclerc who Hamilton had just pipped for the race win. 
     They must all have seen replays of the incident during the lengthy suspension of the race to have formed an opinion.
     So far this season in the previous races one of the two has been much more aggressive than the other one and that one has not been Lewis Hamilton.
      The condemnation by Red Bull of the racist abuse aimed at Lewis Hamilton has something of a hollow ring taken in the context of the language used by Christian Horner in particular after the incident. I know feelings were running high but that is the time to carefully consider the words. 
      To say that Hamilton is a "desperate" & "dirty driver" has no basis in fact given that Hamilton has driven 1000's of Qualifying & 1000's of Race Laps in his racing career and there have been no suggestions whatsoever that he would intentionally take another driver out of the race in the way that a couple of former World Champions would and did not hesitate to do.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, darra said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/motorsports/completely-unintentional-is-ricciardos-verdict/ar-AAMm7kB?ocid=sf

Another opinion

They say that your peers are the best judge and in this case that is the other drivers. Other than connections of Red Bull there does not seem to have been any condemnation from the other drivers that Hamilton was totally at fault. 
     The other drivers were in fact seen congratulating him on his win including Charles Leclerc who Hamilton had just pipped for the race win. 
     They must all have seen replays of the incident during the lengthy suspension of the race to have formed an opinion.
     So far this season in the previous races one of the two has been much more aggressive than the other one and that one has not been Lewis Hamilton.
      The condemnation by Red Bull of the racist abuse aimed at Lewis Hamilton has something of a hollow ring taken in the context of the language used by Christian Horner in particular after the incident. I know feelings were running high but that is the time to carefully consider the words. 
      To say that Hamilton is a "desperate" & "dirty driver" has no basis in fact given that Hamilton has driven 1000's of Qualifying & 1000's of Race Laps in his racing career and there have been no suggestions whatsoever that he would intentionally take another driver out of the race in the way that a couple of former World Champions would and did not hesitate to do.

Exactly. Lewis has no history of such tactics - unlike many champions that have gone before him. 

As has been said - RB are gonna look like sore losers here, and personally I do like Horner and the team and Max - but they need to tread carefully with what they say.