Callum Paterson

John Pearson has been saying in commentary for long enough that we need a forward willing to.take a gamble in the box to try and score goals and that's why Paterson did tonight.

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

The championships answer to David Platt. Effing shyeeeit, but scores goals.

I do hope the new manager gets hold of him and really pushes his fitness on. He needs that extra yard of nip, his general stamina is good.

Him out of corrie?

He looks like he's running in treacle.

He looks unfit, like properly unfit for a professional athlete, knackered within 5 minutes of kick off, but never gets any more knackered throughout 90 minutes. 

His first touch isn't the best.

But when all is said and done, he gets goals, and you can't help but to love him, even if its just a little bit. 

11 hours ago, Quist said:

He is type of player we have needed for years. 

We had a team full of players who did not know what graft was. Paterson puts himself about and control and passing not always great but he does get it right on occasion and usually when it really counts. He is also a pest does not give any member of opposition easy ride.

Think Windass out of same mould works his rocks off and unsettles defenders.

What a strange post, we had one for years who was better - Nuhui. 

Hard working team player who made life difficult for defenders, and popped up with important goals. 

Paterson is just a poorer quality Atdhe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Hard working team player who made life difficult for defenders, and popped up with important goals. 

I think Nuhiu would be ten times the player Patterson is but for the fact that when he made life difficult for defenders they had time to panic, cycle through their options, put them down on a PowerPoint, reflect on them, then choose the best one and Adthe would still be a few yards away from getting his foot in.

Nuhiu with pace would have been a ten million pound player, Nuhiu without pace was always going to struggle from contract to contract.

I think his versatility and willingness to play anywhere will be a great asset.

Like others have said at times he miss places very simple passes, but since he has been here his ratio of goals to chances is very high. 

I always have a soft spot for players who give everything and I think he falls into that category.

12 hours ago, Quist said:

He is type of player we have needed for years. 

We had a team full of players who did not know what graft was. Paterson puts himself about and control and passing not always great but he does get it right on occasion and usually when it really counts. He is also a pest does not give any member of opposition easy ride.

Think Windass out of same mould works his rocks off and unsettles defenders.

No, he's not the type of player we need, we need far far better.  You rely on hard working players when you close the wallet.

Having said that within the boundaries we are playing then he is a welcome addition.  

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

I think Paterson will score more than Atdhe.  It’s not as is Atdhe is pulling up any trees since he left the club.