Callum Paterson

Our top goal scorer... although that is like being the cleverest kid in 3rd grade!

I like him though, bags of effort and scores today because he competed with the keeper, kept the ball alive, then reacted well when surrounded by defenders to finish. 

We create very little so we whoever plays up top will feed mainly from scraps

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I presume he was substituted by Rhodes because he had just run out of steam - yes, he does look a bit unfit

All our players seem unfit. I know games are coming thick and fast, but so are other teams. We're also getting a lot of injuries. I can only put it down to a thin squad and not rotating players during the match.

He is type of player we have needed for years. 

We had a team full of players who did not know what graft was. Paterson puts himself about and control and passing not always great but he does get it right on occasion and usually when it really counts. He is also a pest does not give any member of opposition easy ride.

Think Windass out of same mould works his rocks off and unsettles defenders.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

The desire he showed to win the first header infront if the keeper and 3 defenders was great and also Lees and Shaw were determined to win their header too - those small things win you football matches 

100% correct. If you have passion, desire, and belief, you’re almost there

I think he’s one of those disceptive players who’s a lot more skillful than he looks, lumbers around but then pulls something out the bag. Seems a battler and a character which is what we need. 

I thought he showed great anticipation and bravery for that goal, moreso than about 4 Derby players 

• Like 1

He literally looks like he’s just come from the pub, chucked a shirt on and wandered into a professional football match by accident. And then gets what in my opinion was a great goal. Not every great goal is a ‘worldie’ he had to beat 4 defenders and the keeper to that ball, and he did! And because of that we won. 

Life lessons:

-make the most of what you have. 

-be yourself. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Puts his head in where the studs are flying.

Gets on the end of things.

I like him.

He’s an honest pro - someone anyone who has played any level of football can relate to. Every time I watch Rhodes however I pray for something good to ignite his career for us but don’t see even the basics of working your backside off to get a bit of luck... 

Good underrated likable player, was happy when he signed after having seen him a lot for Cardiff. He seemed unfairly slated or many seemed underwhelmed when he signed but he's done what I expected of him, he's endeared himself to the fans and he's proving to be an important player to have in the squad. Seems a smart signing.