Pulis. I was wrong.

1 minute ago, Treborowl said:

I was whether Bruce's head being turned came at a good time for him, giving him an opportunity to drag himself out of the mire he'd stepped into?

Maybe. That’s one we will never know. But he seemed happy enough when he was here. Got on with the job never hinted at problems and never threatened to throw a sicky😀

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Adam Pearson, Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior, Joe Palmer, Jonathan Hill, Katrien Meire. All vast experience in football, were all here for approx 5 minutes. Add Bruce to that too. 

How many more have to want out before we start questioning the common denominator? 

Where are they all now, out of interest? 

Both Monk and Pulis have had reasonable careers as managers and are generally quite well respected within the game.

Yet neither was successful at SWFC and ended up getting shown the door - some might say, about time, others might say somewhat prematurely.

What is the common factor here - the answer is a team of players who, basically, as a unit, are not very good and will do well to finish outside the bottom six. Pulis, in particular, was not given the opportunity to bring reinforcements in.

I do hope that we can be a bit more patient and supportive of the next manager, whoever the unfortunate individual happens to be.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

it really isn’t. Chansiri deserves all the flack in the world for season ticket issues, ticket prices etc 

I just think it’s reaching to suggest a bloke cooped away in Thailand is having such an effect on a group of footballers being well drilled & organised. 

Take away December and pay hasn’t been an issue at all. The December 2019 pay was settled just days later, hardly enough bloody time to down tool 

No issues with CC, no issues with Bruce 

One has taken his club to near the top of the Portuguese league and in the Europa league, the other has taken his side mid table in the PL 

Monk/Jos/Pulis = All unemployed 

Again, I’m talking strictly about football here 

And the pay situation in the summer? If it’s a complete non issue why did the players feel the need to go to the PFA? 

CC had a much better squad of players, a long time ago now.

I think you’re naive if you think Bruce only left for his ‘dream’ Newcastle job. His love for Newcastle so great, that he took the Sunderland job a few years back. Bruce was on the phone to his agent to line a new job up for him, let’s not kid ourselves here.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s your point? Fact is every single of of them left very earlier into their Wednesday tenure. Why did they leave so early? 

That’s the question you should be asking.

They’re all unemployed, that’s my point. does that not perhaps tell you something as well? 

Mind you, to be fair, I also said that I expected Van Aken to turn out to be a half decent player in the end, for Rhodes to be that striker we needed who could score 20 goals in a season, and that Penney would end up some player.

Jury is still out on those predictions.

lol

Let’s be honest though, how many games did we watch under Pulis where we genuinely played well? I remember about 40 minutes of one game and that’s it. 

Not saying Chansiri is blameless as he should’ve never appointed him, but Pulis needed to go. Rather bite the bullet now than later in the season after more shambolic performances watching Windass up top on his own chase shadows. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

They’re all unemployed, that’s my point. does that not perhaps tell you something as well? 

No it doesn’t at all. I don’t know their personal situations and I don’t know if they’re currently working or not. Isn’t Meire at a Belgium top flight club.

My question is why did every single one of them leave Sheffield Wednesday very early into their role at the club? 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think I was wrong about Pulis. But I do believe he simply had enough and in turn his heart probably wasn’t in it. He probably saw what a basket case club it is and how difficult it is to work under the chairman and wanted out. Important to remember Pulis is not the first experienced football man to leave the club quite quickly under DC’s ownership. The committee didn’t last long, neither did Bruce and the CEO left a year into her role. Logic therefore dictates that the problem wasn’t Pulis and the problem is the man who employs him. 

At 62 Pulis wasn’t prepared to put up with any nonsense. He doesn’t need to. He’s made his money in football and he’s had a great career - why stick it out with a chairman you can’t work with? Some might say that’s dishonourable but if I put myself in his shoes, I don’t blame him. 

In the right environment I’m sure Pulis would have been a success at the club, like he’s generally been at every other club he’s been at. 

The truth 

• Thanks 1

I noticed everyone's been whipped up into a frenzy the past week or so. 

What's been going on isn't just to do with Pulis, but that is how the narrative will be played out.  

Pulis is just another fall guy for the long standing problems at Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Adam Pearson, Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior, Joe Palmer, Jonathan Hill, Katrien Meire. All vast experience in football, were all here for approx 5 minutes. Add Bruce to that too. 

How many more have to want out before we start questioning the common denominator? 

All the senior management I do agree with. He’s clearly a difficult person to work with in that regard.

Bruce is different. He went up a league and able to buy players like Callum Wilson at £25m. We can’t even spend £2.5m and couldn’t renew half our players coming out of contract like fletcher, with the other half crocks. He’s still there playing against Man U etc, compare that to Wycombe QPR and Luton etc 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

My question is why did every single one of them leave Sheffield Wednesday very early into their role at the club? 

Wonder why they came in the first place?

After all its well known in football circles...don't work for Wednesday.

Ps

derby players ain't got paid ..again.

They should get pulis in to inform the pfa.🤔

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Wonder why they came in the first place?

After all its well known in football circles...don't work for Wednesday.

Ps

derby players ain't got paid ..again.

They should get pulis in to inform the pfa.🤔

At least Derby have a rich sheik coming into buy them very soon. 

I wish that was us

lol

38 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

They’ve been paid and reports are just that....reports. Every club deals with rumours about their players. You link getting the correct pay with performance, yet suggest multiple managers haven’t been able to get a tune out of them. But the pay issue has only been going on the last 3/4 weeks. And maybe JR gets overlooked because he’s tosh 

pay issue has only be out in the open for the last few weeks,....of course i link the pay of alleged pampered prima donna footballers with pay...who was it now wouldn't get on a coach? anyone remember??.......My reference to the players is that they tend to get overlooked in the dash to critique whatever manager is in post....