Pulis. I was wrong.

Just now, parajack said:

Motivate players who arnt getting their correct pay? what can he do about that? or reports of allegedly selling the only striker we have?.there is much more to this that we know.....How many managers now haven't been able to get a tune out of this squad?.....How many managers have overlooked JR? still many on OT think he 'only needs a run of games'....

They’ve been paid and reports are just that....reports. Every club deals with rumours about their players. You link getting the correct pay with performance, yet suggest multiple managers haven’t been able to get a tune out of them. But the pay issue has only been going on the last 3/4 weeks. And maybe JR gets overlooked because he’s tosh 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Motivate players who arnt getting their correct pay? what can he do about that? or reports of allegedly selling the only striker we have?.there is much more to this that we know.....How many managers now haven't been able to get a tune out of this squad?.....How many managers have overlooked JR? still many on OT think he 'only needs a run of games'....

I will say it again Carlos and Bruce got a tune out of them didn’t fall out with and isolate players. Jo’s and monk didn’t and did. Records suggest Carlos and Bruce are half decent managers. Records suggest the other two aren’t. But this is no longer the same squad is it. It’s not even close. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What about the countless months before December when they were still tosh? 

December 2019 first leaks to the press about players not being paid on time. Sheffield Wednesday are 3rd in the league.

December 2020 the third leak to the press about players not being paid on time. Sheffield Wednesday are 24th in the league. 

Sheer coincidence or do you think it might have played a role in on the pitch performances? Our collapse in the space of a year is out of the ordinary if you ask me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Garry Monk - “it runs a bit deeper than that with certain issues at the club and within the group”. 

He literally said this the other night.

Not sure how much evidence people need that whoever is in the dugout, they’re on a hiding to nothing. 

Sally it’s all well and good deflecting from your own abject performance by hinting “ sumfinks not right”. Why doesn’t he have the balls to come and say it?

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Garry Monk - “it runs a bit deeper than that with certain issues at the club and within the group”. 

He literally said this the other night.

Not sure how much evidence people need that whoever is in the dugout, they’re on a hiding to nothing. 

Oh I’m sick of these crap managers ringing on about this. They certainly looked like they had issues when they were busting a gut and giving 110% on Tuesday night

Until anyone comes out and says something it’s just hogwash 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Sally it’s all well and good deflecting from your own abject performance by hinting “ sumfinks not right”. Why doesn’t he have the balls to come and say it?

For his own reputation? A young manager looking for a new job, it is NOT a good look speaking out about your previous employee in public even if it is true. Could get very messy. Monk just showing a bit of common sense. 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Oh I’m sick of these crap managers ringing on about this. They certainly looked like they had issues when they were busting a gut and giving 110% on Tuesday night

Until anyone comes out and says anything it’s just hogwash 

Christ Fresh, your heads well and truly in the sand over this 

lol

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Yeah I know, I'm thinking of just not bothering with the next bloke, just write him off from the start. He's useless, been fired from other clubs before. Or he's not got any experience. We deserve better so I'll just hound him out til he's gone then say how I was right all along. Far better than having faith and showing the people at our club support. 

Well said

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The fact you are taking Chansiri’s word as gospel is staggering. 

I’ve listened exactly to what the chairman said. But we haven’t heard Pulis’ side of the story yet. I do believe DC when he said Pulis gave up, but again you’re completely missing the bigger picture as to why Pulis was so keen to chuck the towel in. 

The fact remains, as I’ve previously pointed out, Tony Pulis is not the first experienced football man to want out of Sheffield Wednesday under Chansiri’s ownership. Surely surely we have to start questioning why these people with vast experience and knowledge in football keep leaving the club? Yet the one common denominator remains. 

I’m amazed fans still don’t open their eyes to this. How many more people are going to have to come and go for them to realise? 

The only other one that wanted out, was Bruce. But only to take a shot in the Premier league with his boyhood club. So doesn't really support your argument. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Christ Fresh, your heads well and truly in the sand over this 

lol

it really isn’t. Chansiri deserves all the flack in the world for season ticket issues, ticket prices etc 

I just think it’s reaching to suggest a bloke cooped away in Thailand is having such an effect on a group of footballers being well drilled & organised. 

Take away December and pay hasn’t been an issue at all. The December 2019 pay was settled just days later, hardly enough bloody time to down tool 

No issues with CC, no issues with Bruce 

One has taken his club to near the top of the Portuguese league and in the Europa league, the other has taken his side mid table in the PL 

Monk/Jos/Pulis = All unemployed 

Again, I’m talking strictly about football here 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For his own reputation? A young manager looking for a new job, it is NOT a good look speaking out about your previous employee in public even if it is true. Could get very messy. Monk just showing a bit of common sense. 

In that case don’t say anything at all. Sorry it’s just one of my pet hates with people in the public eye. Either say what you’ve got to say or shut the fuckit

56 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not quite right though. Carlos had two top six finishes. Bruce was turning things around before his head was turned. Jo’s and monk are just crap managers. Pullis is like a really good hooker. I didn’t want him here but I listened to him and thought mmm maybe. Think DC got the same charm offensive. Difference is he got his wallet out

I was whether Bruce's head being turned came at a good time for him, giving him an opportunity to drag himself out of the mire he'd stepped into?

Listen to any football player podcast and they’ll explain the reason why some managers don’t work at clubs is because they’re tosh and the managers don’t buy into their BS 

Again, Monk/Pulis/Jos = all unemployed 

Carlos - near the top of Portuguese league and doing well in Europa 

Bruce - mid table in PL 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brommers said:

The only other one that wanted out, was Bruce. But only to take a shot in the Premier league with his boyhood club. So doesn't really support your argument. 

Adam Pearson, Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior, Joe Palmer, Jonathan Hill, Katrien Meire. All vast experience in football, were all here for approx 5 minutes. Add Bruce to that too. 

How many more have to want out before we start questioning the common denominator?