Pulis. I was wrong.

1 minute ago, Mr. Chow said:

Ahh a lot of us fell for it matey, genuinely and only the one time I feel for dc. Such a waste of time and I have actually changed my mind on pulis. He’s come across quite conniving

"It's amazing how well Pulis can manipulate people to feel a certain way about him, isn't it?" 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

i would wait and see what happens in January and see what happens with the next man who comes in etc before making any comments 

Exactly this, far too many prominent posters (who wanted Pulis gone from the start) giving each premature BJs over the sacking.

The fact is we're almost certain to get a far less experienced manager, to see us through the relegation battle.

They may do better or not, but far too much celebratory tail tugging on here at the moment.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
31 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Tony Pulis is an incredible media performer , in a different league to any other manager I have seen. I could listen to the guy speak all day. Very easy to be convinced by him . 

And that’s exactly it. As soon as he was first mentioned, I really didn’t want him to join us. Then within 5 minutes of his first media performance I was convinced he was the messiah.

Turns out he was just a very naughty boy.

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think I was wrong about Pulis. But I do believe he simply had enough and in turn his heart probably wasn’t in it. He probably saw what a basket case club it is and how difficult it is to work under the chairman and wanted out. Important to remember Pulis is not the first experienced football man to leave the club quite quickly under DC’s ownership. The committee didn’t last long, neither did Bruce and the CEO left a year into her role. Logic therefore dictates that the problem wasn’t Pulis and the problem is the man who employs him. 

At 62 Pulis wasn’t prepared to put up with any nonsense. He doesn’t need to. He’s made his money in football and he’s had a great career - why stick it out with a chairman you can’t work with? Some might say that’s dishonourable but if I put myself in his shoes, I don’t blame him. 

In the right environment I’m sure Pulis would have been a success at the club, like he’s generally been at every other club he’s been at. 

Bruce was always going to leave for Newcastle. 

Also let’s not forget Pulis was interviewed before for this post, he absolutely will have known what he was getting into the first time, then he came back again. 

His connections in the game will have given him the lowdown on it, like Bruce wouldn’t have taken a phone call on it?

He told chansiri this squad he could keep up. He came in. Results were terrible, the squad limited in ability, players weren’t buying into his methods and probably the comments that they were (mainly) garbage, Pulis had to deflect away from his and our poor start, which he did by saying we needed loads in January. 
he knows limited investment in January and he couldn’t see a way out of the drop.. 

21 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Of course it is. But, I think everyone knew and DC should have done Pulis was polar opposite to this. Whether he listened to fan base or not, it was a strange appointment and ultimately, the wrong one.

Now, yes everyone can see it. But at the time not many were saying he wasn't the right man for the situation at the time. So you can see why he was appointed. Had he been appointed at the start of a brand new season with no points deduction, you would have seen alot more people against him coming in then there was.

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think I was wrong about Pulis. But I do believe he simply had enough and in turn his heart probably wasn’t in it. He probably saw what a basket case club it is and how difficult it is to work under the chairman and wanted out. Important to remember Pulis is not the first experienced football man to leave the club quite quickly under DC’s ownership. The committee didn’t last long, neither did Bruce and the CEO left a year into her role. Logic therefore dictates that the problem wasn’t Pulis and the problem is the man who employs him. 

At 62 Pulis wasn’t prepared to put up with any nonsense. He doesn’t need to. He’s made his money in football and he’s had a great career - why stick it out with a chairman you can’t work with? Some might say that’s dishonourable but if I put myself in his shoes, I don’t blame him. 

In the right environment I’m sure Pulis would have been a success at the club, like he’s generally been at every other club he’s been at. 

If you heard heard the interview with Chansiri regarding Pulis I cannot understand why you continually come onto every thread and defend Pulis. Here's a man who lied to Chansiri about formation and tactics. He said he'd done his due diligence on the squad and they were good enough. He give half ar---d training sessions. Failed to communicate with his chairman, threatend to throw a sickie. Pulis cannot defend these accusations because they are true. he even was prepared to throw Gardener and Trusson under the bus.

"He's made his money in football?" Go ask the Palace and Gillingham chairman their opinion on that matter.

One man to blame for this managerial debacle and it's not Chansiri

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

If you heard heard the interview with Chansiri regarding Pulis I cannot understand why you continually come onto every thread and defend Pulis. Here's a man who lied to Chansiri about formation and tactics. He said he'd done his due diligence on the squad and they were good enough. He give half ar---d training sessions. Failed to communicate with his chairman, threatend to throw a sickie. Pulis cannot defend these accusations because they are true. he even was prepared to throw Gardener and Trusson under the bus.

"He's made his money in football?" Go ask the Palace and Gillingham chairman their opinion on that matter.

Yep, Chansiri is completely blameless.😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not quite right though. Carlos had two top six finishes. Bruce was turning things around before his head was turned. Jo’s and monk are just crap managers. Pullis is like a really good hooker. I didn’t want him here but I listened to him and thought mmm maybe. Think DC got the same charm offensive. Difference is he got his wallet out

Manager isnt the issue at S6........thats why i think the focus on them now is  pointless........thats why i said it doesn't matter who comes in....

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Manager isnt the issue at S6........thats why i think the focus on them now is  pointless........thats why i said it doesn't matter who comes in....

I think you’re excusing the managers a bit too much here. You talk about interference, DC is cooped away in Thailand, he’s not running onto the training pitches kicking the cones away. A manager should still be able to set up, coach and motivate a group of players 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I think you’re excusing the managers a bit too much here. You talk about interference, DC is cooped away in Thailand, he’s not running onto the training pitches kicking the cones away. A manager should still be able to set up, coach and motivate a group of players 

Motivate players who arnt getting their correct pay? what can he do about that? or reports of allegedly selling the only striker we have?.there is much more to this that we know.....How many managers now haven't been able to get a tune out of this squad?.....How many managers have overlooked JR? still many on OT think he 'only needs a run of games'....

13 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

The fact you are taking Chansiri’s word as gospel is staggering. 

I’ve listened exactly to what the chairman said. But we haven’t heard Pulis’ side of the story yet. I do believe DC when he said Pulis gave up, but again you’re completely missing the bigger picture as to why Pulis was so keen to chuck the towel in. 

The fact remains, as I’ve previously pointed out, Tony Pulis is not the first experienced football man to want out of Sheffield Wednesday under Chansiri’s ownership. Surely surely we have to start questioning why these people with vast experience and knowledge in football keep leaving the club? Yet the one common denominator remains. 

I’m amazed fans still don’t open their eyes to this. How many more people are going to have to come and go for them to realise? 

Pulis absolutely could have worked out had circumstances been different. Even now we are a couple of wing backs and attacking players short of getting a tune out of this rabble. Had we brought him in instead of Monk we would not be where we are now I'm absolutely sure of that.

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Time will tell. Tricky motivating players who have felt the need to go to the PFA over issues of not being paid...

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1