Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As it stands, we've got 16 points from 22 but have earned 22 points, averaging 1 per game.

 

If it went to PPG now, if they base it on 16 from 22 we're screwed (so obviously they'd do it that way!) but if they average out the 6 point deduction over the 46 game season at 0.13 points per game we then have an average of 0.87 - and would finish 4th bottom ahead of Forest by just 0.01 PPG. So I'm all for that just for the laughs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Logically we would get 3pts back after the derby game.

 

We would then owe 3pts for the following season...so have -3 deducted.

 

Need to beat Derby, just in case.

 

Some clubs will have played less than half, hence ppg.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brommers said:

The BlaVdes would be screwed on 4.75 points

 

And that's the only way they will accumulate that colossal amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

PPG was used to decide the National League North promotion places last season - it’s how Kings Lynn Town ended up winning promotion to the National League 

 

im not sure I’ve seen PPG used where relegation is concerned though

Hearts were sent down on PPG.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Hearts were sent down on PPG.


It makes sense to include relegation 

just logical really, if you’re gonna promote then you need to relegate aswell

Edited by Silkstone Owl
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Hearts were sent down on PPG.

 

So were Tranmere, by a margin of 0.04 points per game.

 

And Rotherham were promoted on PPG with a quarter of the season left even though the teams just below them had far easier remaining games (so had therefore already had tougher fixtures)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShaunO1 said:

Its a good point. As six point deduction is for a 46 game season so if it ends on 23 do we get a 3 point deduction?

Yeah but we can only benefit from half the stadium sale?

 

The six point deduction was a punishment, it won’t be prorated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was discussed briefly on the radio the other day re EPL and EFL. The consensus was if it happened likely option would be to make the season like the year null  and void. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, darra said:

Was discussed briefly on the radio the other day re EPL and EFL. The consensus was if it happened likely option would be to make the season like the year null  and void. 

And I think we can all agree that we would be delighted with that outcome. 

Can we all agree to never speak of this season again if it is declared null and void??? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

And I think we can all agree that we would be delighted with that outcome. 

Can we all agree to never speak of this season again if it is declared null and void??? 

Chiffon hell den blades would have got out of jail if that happens. Looking at the number of games off today I can see it being scrapped. But I’m sure the EFL had decided on such a possibility before the restart. Just can’t remember what it was 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Chiffon hell den blades would have got out of jail if that happens. Looking at the number of games off today I can see it being scrapped. But I’m sure the EFL had decided on such a possibility before the restart. Just can’t remember what it was 

I reckon the prem will carry on regardless. They might have a firebreak but too much money in the prem to have a season voided. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...