As it stands, we've got 16 points from 22 but have earned 22 points, averaging 1 per game.

If it went to PPG now, if they base it on 16 from 22 we're screwed (so obviously they'd do it that way!) but if they average out the 6 point deduction over the 46 game season at 0.13 points per game we then have an average of 0.87 - and would finish 4th bottom ahead of Forest by just 0.01 PPG. So I'm all for that just for the laughs. 

Logically we would get 3pts back after the derby game.

We would then owe 3pts for the following season...so have -3 deducted.

Need to beat Derby, just in case.

Some clubs will have played less than half, hence ppg.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brommers said:

The BlaVdes would be screwed on 4.75 points

And that's the only way they will accumulate that colossal amount.

29 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

PPG was used to decide the National League North promotion places last season - it’s how Kings Lynn Town ended up winning promotion to the National League 

im not sure I’ve seen PPG used where relegation is concerned though

Hearts were sent down on PPG.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It makes sense to include relegation 

just logical really, if you’re gonna promote then you need to relegate aswell

Edited by Silkstone Owl
14 minutes ago, Manwë said:

So were Tranmere, by a margin of 0.04 points per game.

And Rotherham were promoted on PPG with a quarter of the season left even though the teams just below them had far easier remaining games (so had therefore already had tougher fixtures)

1 hour ago, ShaunO1 said:

Its a good point. As six point deduction is for a 46 game season so if it ends on 23 do we get a 3 point deduction?

Yeah but we can only benefit from half the stadium sale?

The six point deduction was a punishment, it won’t be prorated.

Was discussed briefly on the radio the other day re EPL and EFL. The consensus was if it happened likely option would be to make the season like the year null  and void. 

28 minutes ago, darra said:

Was discussed briefly on the radio the other day re EPL and EFL. The consensus was if it happened likely option would be to make the season like the year null  and void. 

And I think we can all agree that we would be delighted with that outcome. 

Can we all agree to never speak of this season again if it is declared null and void??? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

And I think we can all agree that we would be delighted with that outcome. 

Can we all agree to never speak of this season again if it is declared null and void??? 

Chiffon hell den blades would have got out of jail if that happens. Looking at the number of games off today I can see it being scrapped. But I’m sure the EFL had decided on such a possibility before the restart. Just can’t remember what it was 

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Chiffon hell den blades would have got out of jail if that happens. Looking at the number of games off today I can see it being scrapped. But I’m sure the EFL had decided on such a possibility before the restart. Just can’t remember what it was 

I reckon the prem will carry on regardless. They might have a firebreak but too much money in the prem to have a season voided.