Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If the season is cancelled (and I don't think it will be) and the league used a points per game average like they did in league 1 and 2 as things stand would we stay up? 

 

We have earned 22 points points form 22 games so 1. 00 ppg. Leaving us above Qpr who are on 0.95

 

But the table says we have 16 points giving us 0.73 points per game and if this was the the case we would be relagated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShaunO1 said:

If the season is cancelled (and I don't think it will be) and the league used a points per game average like they did in league 1 and 2 as things stand would we stay up? 

 

We have earned 22 points points form 22 games so 1. 00 ppg. Leaving us above Qpr who are on 0.95

 

But the table says we have 16 points giving us 0.73 points per game and if this was the the case we would be relagated. 

 

Points per game, minus points deduction.  So that would leave us on 40 points.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShaunO1 said:

If the season is cancelled (and I don't think it will be) and the league used a points per game average like they did in league 1 and 2 as things stand would we stay up? 

 

We have earned 22 points points form 22 games so 1. 00 ppg. Leaving us above Qpr who are on 0.95

 

But the table says we have 16 points giving us 0.73 points per game and if this was the the case we would be relagated. 

Play offs

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Points per game, minus points deduction.  So that would leave us on 40 points.

 

I think that's the only fair way to calculate it, and I assume this is what would happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

 

Points per game, minus points deduction.  So that would leave us on 40 points.

Any precedent on this out of interest? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We would be in 21st as things stand. Wycombe bottom, Rotherham 2 points behind us and we’d be level on points with Forest but above them on goal difference.

 

Can’t remember what they agreed re the protocols were if the season was abandoned. Pretty sure the clubs voted on it and at least half the season had to have been played 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

Any precedent on this out of interest? 

 

I'm not going to lie to you.  I don't know, and I can't be bothered to check lol

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

 

I'm not going to lie to you.  I don't know, and I can't be bothered to check lol

Haha fair. 

I wouldn't put it past the EFL not to have a contingency plan for this in place at all. 

Imagine how pissed off Charlton fans would be if we stayed up on a technicality 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there an agreement that at least half of the games need to be played, before the ppg ratio can be used?  Thought there was but could be wrong.

 

Sure that the PL had agreed something like this.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they would have to:

 

1. Calculate our points per game based on actual points won; and

2. Apply the points deduction proportionately too. 
 

By my maths, we win tonight & we can campaign for the season to be scrapped! 😀

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Isn't there an agreement that at least half of the games need to be played, before the ppg ratio can be used?  Thought there was but could be wrong.

 

Sure that the PL had agreed something like this.

 

Does it have to be everybody played half the games? Because as of tonight we would be half way there but it'll take Rotherham till. The end of January to get to 23 games

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I think they would have to:

 

1. Calculate our points per game based on actual points won; and

2. Apply the points deduction proportionately too. 
 

By my maths, we win tonight & we can campaign for the season to be scrapped! 😀

Its a good point. As six point deduction is for a 46 game season so if it ends on 23 do we get a 3 point deduction?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

Does it have to be everybody played half the games? Because as of tonight we would be half way there but it'll take Rotherham till. The end of January to get to 23 games

 

That's a very good point, and I don't know the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShaunO1 said:

Its a good point. As six point deduction is for a 46 game season so if it ends on 23 do we get a 3 point deduction?

I think they would have to apply the deduction proportionately. Not sure I got the maths exactly right about staying up, but I’m confident in my principle of the points deduction 😂.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we would take it to arbitration again if we were to be relegated due to a points reduction in a season decided on points per game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

Its a good point. As six point deduction is for a 46 game season so if it ends on 23 do we get a 3 point deduction?

You’ve got to imagine/hope that would be the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShaunO1 said:

Any precedent on this out of interest? 

PPG was used to decide the National League North promotion places last season - it’s how Kings Lynn Town ended up winning promotion to the National League 

 

im not sure I’ve seen PPG used where relegation is concerned though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...