If the season is cancelled...

If the season is cancelled (and I don't think it will be) and the league used a points per game average like they did in league 1 and 2 as things stand would we stay up? 

We have earned 22 points points form 22 games so 1. 00 ppg. Leaving us above Qpr who are on 0.95

But the table says we have 16 points giving us 0.73 points per game and if this was the the case we would be relagated. 

Just now, ShaunO1 said:

If the season is cancelled (and I don't think it will be) and the league used a points per game average like they did in league 1 and 2 as things stand would we stay up? 

We have earned 22 points points form 22 games so 1. 00 ppg. Leaving us above Qpr who are on 0.95

But the table says we have 16 points giving us 0.73 points per game and if this was the the case we would be relagated. 

Points per game, minus points deduction.  So that would leave us on 40 points.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShaunO1 said:

Play offs

• Haha 5

Guest LondonOwl313

We would be in 21st as things stand. Wycombe bottom, Rotherham 2 points behind us and we’d be level on points with Forest but above them on goal difference.

Can’t remember what they agreed re the protocols were if the season was abandoned. Pretty sure the clubs voted on it and at least half the season had to have been played 

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I'm not going to lie to you.  I don't know, and I can't be bothered to check lol

Haha fair. 

I wouldn't put it past the EFL not to have a contingency plan for this in place at all. 

Imagine how pissed off Charlton fans would be if we stayed up on a technicality 

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Isn't there an agreement that at least half of the games need to be played, before the ppg ratio can be used?  Thought there was but could be wrong.

Sure that the PL had agreed something like this.

Does it have to be everybody played half the games? Because as of tonight we would be half way there but it'll take Rotherham till. The end of January to get to 23 games

2 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I think they would have to:

1. Calculate our points per game based on actual points won; and

2. Apply the points deduction proportionately too. 

By my maths, we win tonight & we can campaign for the season to be scrapped! 😀

Its a good point. As six point deduction is for a 46 game season so if it ends on 23 do we get a 3 point deduction?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

Does it have to be everybody played half the games? Because as of tonight we would be half way there but it'll take Rotherham till. The end of January to get to 23 games

That's a very good point, and I don't know the answer.

Just now, ShaunO1 said:

Its a good point. As six point deduction is for a 46 game season so if it ends on 23 do we get a 3 point deduction?

I think they would have to apply the deduction proportionately. Not sure I got the maths exactly right about staying up, but I’m confident in my principle of the points deduction 😂.

1 hour ago, ShaunO1 said:

Any precedent on this out of interest? 

PPG was used to decide the National League North promotion places last season - it’s how Kings Lynn Town ended up winning promotion to the National League 

im not sure I’ve seen PPG used where relegation is concerned though