Wednesday -V- Derby OMDT

14 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

"Highest" ever goalscorer.  That's because we play "countries" as big as Chesterfield, and many more games. Jimmy Greaves, Bobby Charlton, Tom Finney were "great".

If social media existed back then the criticism Rooney is getting in this thread would have been for Greaves, Charlton, Finney etc

Let's not pretend otherwise

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If social media existed back then the criticism Rooney is getting in this thread would have been for Greaves, Charlton, Finney etc

Let's not pretend otherwise

You also can’t compare like for like. Most of the players in Charlton‘s era had a fag and pint after the match. The technical skills, speed and athleticism of the players now is nothing like what existed in the 1950’s. 

21 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Will be the most scrappy game ever ending in a 1-0 win. I’ve read the tea leaves. Paterson again.

21 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

Have you had a New Year dump yet?

21 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Oh mate, yeah. First thing this morning when I got up at 11:05. Was on the throne for 15 minutes getting rid of the New Year Eve’s finger buffet. Dominos pizza (Mighty Meaty), pork pie, prawn salad sandwiches, Marks & Spencers Beef & Onion crisps, unsalted cashew nuts, chicken satay sticks, and all the other booty. 

Definitely enough payload to support a 1-0 win. Might even be more if I ate more than four slices of pizza, I can’t remember. Those cashew nuts are scourers though.

21 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

Nice, sounds like a right mix, hope you sprayed haha.

tenor.gif

take-a-dump.gif?w=640MK1QcW.gif lol

20 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Today we get two wins on the trot, sorry for using that word, brings back bad memories, and then have a cracking time tonight lauding it up and planning our next European tour.

Neil’s form table goes up, and we all dream of promotion. Then we sign a manager we can all agree on, two quality strikers, and see the true benefit of Brexit.

You can thank me later.

19 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Funnily enough every time I’ve logged onto the match day thread I often think about asking whether you’ve had a good clear, just to see what the chances of us winning are 

always been a good omen

keep it up 

coincidence.gifthe_fortune_teller.gif 

I don't know if anyone else noticed. Scrappy game check, 1-0 win check, Paterson scores check, Neil's form table check. All Hail theowlsman! Hope you put a bet on haha. From now on you will have to eat exactly what you did and get up at the same time ect. If you can't afford the food, we will buy it. Also you'll have to post about your tea leaves and dump and I'll post the dump GIF's.

lol🍃🍕🐷🥪🥔🥜🐔💩👑BronzeMintyAsianporcupine-size_restricte 🙏   

17 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

tenor.gif

Also post this haha.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Well bugger me, spot on my friend.

What sort of tea are you drinking and where can I get some?

Ah someone else noticed then haha, check my post above.

51 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Just catching up on the thread

Dad had heart trouble at 5.45pm ( inconsiderate bugger ) and had to be blue lighted
Got back in at 4.15am.  He's stable bless him.

What did i miss ? lol

I hope that he will be fine. Not much, only that@theowlsmanis the Tea Leaves & Dump King.lol

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2021 at 13:01, sherlyegg said:

Bloody ell I ain't heard that name for yonks..on fairly regular at Firth Park Club..queueing down Idworth Road before they opened when they were on..

Yeah, they worked their balls off. A new progressive was released and they had it note perfect by the week-end. I particularly liked their rendition of 'Born to be Wild' When they brought Bass and Tenor Sax to the show. 

• Like 1