Wednesday -V- Derby OMDT

17 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Oh mate, yeah. First thing this morning when I got up at 11:05. Was on the throne for 15 minutes getting rid of the New Year Eve’s finger buffet. Dominos pizza (Mighty Meaty), pork pie, prawn salad sandwiches, Marks & Spencers Beef & Onion crisps, unsalted cashew nuts, chicken satay sticks, and all the other booty. 

Definitely enough payload to support a 1-0 win. Might even be more if I ate more than four slices of pizza, I can’t remember. Those cashew nuts are scourers though.

What a wonderful guided tour of Owlsman’s bowel! Almost choked on me trifle!

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Oh mate, yeah. First thing this morning when I got up at 11:05. Was on the throne for 15 minutes getting rid of the New Year Eve’s finger buffet. Dominos pizza (Mighty Meaty), pork pie, prawn salad sandwiches, Marks & Spencers Beef & Onion crisps, unsalted cashew nuts, chicken satay sticks, and all the other booty. 

Definitely enough payload to support a 1-0 win. Might even be more if I ate more than four slices of pizza, I can’t remember. Those cashew nuts are scourers though.

Nice, sounds like a right mix, hope you sprayed haha.

tenor.gif

take-a-dump.gif?w=640MK1QcW.gif lol

• Haha 3

Happy New Year My Lord & thanks for your match day input - always amusing & informative. Once upon a time Derby County hadn’t won at Hillsborough for many years but this century it’s been a very different story. Time to write a new chapter & start the new year off with a win! Fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone think Chansiri will give the job to Thompson if we win tonight? 

There’s more chance of him giving it to the Thompson twins and Tin Tin but Tin Tin had his chance before we sacked him and brought in Pulis.

“Team selection is difficult today Snowy. Perhaps we should play 7-1-1-1 with Bazza up front?”

A7BC8541-9CF7-466A-B309-AE39C24F49E9.jpeg

• Like 1

It was the 27th September 1969 A new Baby was born. Derby sat atop o the league unbeaten and more than 45,000 were crammed into the old lady. The league leaders were all over us and we expected little then suddenly up popped Alan Warboys  to give us the lead just before

Half-time.

I'm not sure, was the Half time DJ Stevie Splash ? No matter. at some stage in the break a new disk went onto the turntable a certain 

jeffbeck.jpg.1275cec22d3c87c04205fc6a828b92bb.jpg   Jeff Beck. We were walking millions of miles for one of the smiles as a new anthem was born. One that has stood the rigours of time for more than 50 years. We held onto that lead and duly dispatched Derby back down the road smarting from their 1-0 reversal. A great night followed at Walkley WMC  where Bitter Sweet topped the bill and I was urged to join them on stage to give my rendition of the now infamous Wednesday anthem. Topped off the night at the Curry house on London Road before drunkenly stumbling back to Walkley with my mates, all of us singing our new anthem. So Pleased it has stood the rigours of time.

Same again tonight give it your all Wednesday   !  Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Today we get two wins on the trot, sorry for using that word, brings back bad memories, and then have a cracking time tonight lauding it up and planning our next European tour.

Neil’s form table goes up, and we all dream of promotion. Then we sign a manager we can all agree on, two quality strikers, and see the true benefit of Brexit.

You can thank me later.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It was the 27th September 1969 A new Baby was born. Derby sat atop o the league unbeaten and more than 45,000 were crammed into the old lady. The league leaders were all over us and we expected little then suddenly up popped Alan Warboys  to give us the lead just before

Half-time.

I'm not sure, was the Half time DJ Stevie Splash ? No matter. at some stage in the break a new disk went onto the turntable a certain 

jeffbeck.jpg.1275cec22d3c87c04205fc6a828b92bb.jpg   Jeff Beck. We were walking millions of miles for one of the smiles as a new anthem was born. One that has stood the rigours of time for more than 50 years. We held onto that lead and duly dispatched Derby back down the road smarting from their 1-0 reversal. A great night followed at Walkley WMC  where Bitter Sweet topped the bill and I was urged to join them on stage to give my rendition of the now infamous Wednesday anthem. Topped off the night at the Curry house on London Road before drunkenly stumbling back to Walkley with my mates, all of us singing our new anthem. So Pleased it has stood the rigours of time.

Same again tonight give it your all Wednesday   !  Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday !

Noisy bugger, waking all us neighbours up! 😂

I bet they don’t tolerate that behaviour in lodgemoor 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My heart says win for The Wednesday!

My head says win for The Wednesday!

My stomach says ‘Why? Why all 6 mince pies? Who eats 6 mince pies with Brandy Butter at 2am after a whole bottle of red wine?’

I miss going to Hillsborough like mad but am a bit glad I can’t go today. Very good chance I’d be blocking the South Stand plumbing at half time (if I made it to the bogs of course, could just be brown trousers).

UTO!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4