Recruitment issue

8 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

He's made a balls up appointing TP in the first place in that respect, however he has at least acted swiftly in trying to rectify the mistake. 

I’ll only give him credit for that if and when he makes a decent job of appointing the next manager.

Must say though, his track record doesn’t inspire confidence.

He’s looking for someone prepared for a relegation battle, working with a small pool of fit players, not sure if they’ll be paid on time and without much cash to spend in the transfer market.

Oh well, good job the applications are pouring in.

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

I’ll only give him credit for that if and when he makes a decent job of appointing the next manager.

He’s looking for someone prepared for a relegation battle, working with a small pool of fit players, not sure if they’ll be paid on time and without much cash to spend in the transfer market.

From what he said, there has been much interest for the job. I just hope and pray that Chansiri takes the time and gets the right personnel in. Forget the advisor who recommended Pulis would be a good start. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

From what he said, there has been much interest for the job. I just hope and pray that Chansiri takes the time and gets the right personnel in. Forget the advisor who recommended Pulis would be a good start. 

The advisor who recommended Pulis will be completing the short list, so dont hold your breath. The same advisor who brought all previous managers to Chansiri and several players. 

He, who holds no formal role, but effectively runs club, decides what information Chansiri sees but with zero accountability or scrutiny. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Between the lines it seems Pulis wanted his targets bringing in , while Chansiri advisors alerted him to fact they were defensive minded targets, and an older generation of player going against what Chansiri had openly stated when he took over that he wanted to see attractive attacking football, and his more recent statement of wanting a younger squad. 

This (style of play) was the reason he gave when appointing CC as opposed to Gray at the time he first came in as owner. 

He's made a balls up appointing TP in the first place in that respect, however he has at least acted swiftly in trying to rectify the mistake. 

;-)

I think TP suggested he could play multiple formations depending on the opponent...which turned out to be BS. 

He said he had reservations on TP initially due to his style of play, but that his record and experience changed his mind 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blatter said:

No doubt he will pick a manager who has been touted on social media as were Pulis, Bruce and Monk.  So he wasn't the only one who got it wrong

Anyone with any knowledge of British football knows what you get with Pulis. He plays defensive football with counter attacking. How any advisors don't know that astounds and shocks me.

I could understand the appointment of Pulis, it was sensible if you accept we have no attacting threat. Make us hard to beat, get the ball forward quickly and hope to nick a goal then hold on. I don't like it but needs must....

Now it seems from DC's comments that he employed Pulis and expected him to provide attractive attacking football and go for the play offs.

Just think about that for a minute, ok have another minute because it takes some understanding. I don't know if DC or his advisors came up with that but I can guarantee every fan in English football would have burst out laughing at the idea.

I was angry at the sacking of Pulis, not because I thought he was a great manager but because it shows we have totally lost the plot. If you want attacking football Pulis is the last person you should employ.

Who next Megson? To play attractive attacking football?

Are the play offs still on? lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

The advisor who recommended Pulis will be completing the short list, so dont hold your breath. The same advisor who brought all previous managers to Chansiri and several players. 

He, who holds no formal role, but effectively runs club, decides what information Chansiri sees but with zero accountability or scrutiny. 

It’s New Years Eve, humour me and say it will all be ok?! 😫

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Wish I could mate. Best just to enjoy what little bits of pleasure we get on the pitch and try to forget the off field mess.

Happy new year !!

Happy New Year to you too!

2021 must surely improve Owls fortunes... on the pitch at least. 

• Thanks 1

You really have to give Chansiri credit for acting quickly on this

He's show he has made mistakes in the past, but is evidencing he is learning.

Refreshing to hear him (again) today admit he is responsible.

12 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Clueless owner pines for attacking football, so appoints a famously defensive coach.

#inshock

Who allegedly gave a convincing spiel about how he was going to change his style to suit different opponents.

Therefore a few weeks later 

ArtisticSoftHeterodontosaurus-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Who allegedly gave a convincing spiel about how he was going to change his style to suit different opponents.

Therefore a few weeks later 

ArtisticSoftHeterodontosaurus-max-1mb.gif

If DC believed that then it just shows, yet again, how little he knows about the game.  Apart from the odd game with Stoke, Pulis has never set up teams anything other than defensively.

24 minutes ago, timrud said:

You really have to give Chansiri credit for acting quickly on this

He's show he has made mistakes in the past, but is evidencing he is learning.

Refreshing to hear him (again) today admit he is responsible.

Apart from blaming Pulis, then having a massive dig at the supporters (sorry 'bad' customers)  then the EFL, then covid,  yep it was a very contrite performance.

16 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why wouldn't he believe him?  Do you automatically assume someone is lying all the time?

Not so much a case of lying, but maybe promising something that clearly isn't in his nature. Anyone who knows the game over here would also know his track record. And this is the problem, DC doesn't know the game.

Edited by Sheff74