Chansiri Fatigue

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

It was and still is the case whether you agree with it or not.

I just remember that football leaks article which showed that DC actively contacted Doyen to find a manager.

https://www.footballparadise.com/dan-petrescu/

Reads as if DC just wanted to find the quickest way to get promoted and the consultancy approach was the way to go. Don’t think they were ever part of a deal in the takeover of the club. And to be fair it so nearly worked. He wanted a quick way to get promoted, a short term gamble. But it failed.

I personally feel DC is just stubborn. And because using consultants so nearly worked when he first arrived, he just hangs on to the hope it will work again. And advisers are less likely to challenge him than a CEO or DOF. But to neglect a proper football structure 5 years after the gamble failed is just damaging the club.

That’s just the way I see things, but if you know more than that fair enough mate. I’ll take your word for it.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby

He'll really be knackered now if Nixon right today and our advisors have given him 2 lists with different candidates.

Like 2 bald guys  fighting over a comb. Or agents' commissions.

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I just remember that football leaks article which showed that DC actively contacted Doyen to find a manager.

https://www.footballparadise.com/dan-petrescu/

Reads as if DC just wanted to find the quickest way to get promoted and the consultancy approach was the way to go. Don’t think they were ever part of a deal in the takeover of the club. And to be fair it so nearly worked. He wanted a quick way to get promoted, a short term gamble. But it failed.

I personally feel DC is just stubborn. And because using consultants so nearly worked when he first arrived, he just hangs on to the hope it will work again. And advisers are less likely to challenge him than a CEO or DOF. But to neglect a proper football structure 5 years after the gamble failed is just damaging the club.

That’s just the way I see things, but if you know more than that fair enough mate. I’ll take your word for it.

MM introduced DC to Paixao/Doyen and also Sir Dave Richards for FFP compliance advice.

Both were involved at Leicester previously.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

MM introduced DC to Paixao/Doyen and also Sir Dave Richards for FFP compliance advice.

Yeah just done a bit of research. It’s all a connected web. 

I actually feel a bit sick connecting all the dots. 

Can’t believe we did that nauseating ‘Xbana Milan’ thing when he left the club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I have nothing against MM.  Rather him than the 10 bob asset strippers who were circling during that period.

If we were a vintage car then he managed to wipe the finance, renovate us and ship us on to a new investor at profit rather than selling us for scrap like some others would have done.

Remember he (MM) gave away around 200-300k of shirt sponsorship to Mammadov on the strength of him purchasing us and things may now be considerably worse.

I’ve said it a million times but you can track the rise and fall of this club with shirt sponsors over the past 15-20 years.  Be a good book.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

I have nothing against MM.  Rather him than the 10 bob asset strippers who were circling during that period.

If we were a vintage car then he managed to wipe the finance, renovate us and ship us on to a new investor at profit rather than selling us for scrap like some others would have done.

Remember he (MM) gave away around 200-300k of shirt sponsorship to Mammadov on the strength of him purchasing us and things may now be considerably worse.

I’ve said it a million times but you can track the rise and fall of this club with shirt sponsors over the past 15-20 years.  Be a good book.

Hmm he stepped in and saved us when he did. But I’m skeptical of the people he involved to sell the club to DC. But I guess that’s football now, it’s all a murky mess. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s the murky world of modern football.

I bet there aren’t many clubs at our level and above without all this going on behind the scenes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This was six years ago now, though. 

Are you aware of any reason why Chansiri can't sever all ties with Paixao at this point?

There was a thread on here a long time ago which was deleted but everything I’ve quoted was confirmed by someone who you’d think was very itk and like Sally said, it’s quite easy to join the dots anyway.

I personally think that Paixao has the role of general manager, he has a role relating to the financing of the initial purchase and therefore a stake in the club.

I believe that DC is tied in to him/them on this basis, I believe certain transfer deals were done on the basis of business rather than performance and I believe that CC was an integral part of the initial business plan.

I would give some praise to CC for not signing up totally to what was initially proposed and paying one-off consultancy fees rather than the package proposed originally.

The key word is naivety in relation to both our chairman and fans in relation to modern football and I’ve been saying it for a while.

It is all just one huge rinse.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There was a thread on here a long time ago which was deleted but everything I’ve quoted was confirmed by someone who you’d think was very itk and like Sally said, it’s quite easy to join the dots anyway.

I personally think that Paixao has the role of general manager, he has a role relating to the financing of the initial purchase and therefore a stake in the club.

I believe that DC is tied in to him/them on this basis, I believe certain transfer deals were done on the basis of business rather than performance and I believe that CC was an integral part of the initial business plan.

I would give some praise to CC for not signing up totally to what was initially proposed and paying one-off consultancy fees rather than the package proposed originally.

The key word is naivety in relation to both our chairman and fans in relation to modern football and I’ve been saying it for a while.

It would make a fascinating documentary one day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

If that's the case, it makes you wonder why Chansiri wouldn't just be upfront about Paixao's involvement rather than stating that he's just an advisor though, doesn't it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If that's the case, it makes you wonder why Chansiri wouldn't just be upfront about Paixao's involvement rather than stating that he's just an advisor though, doesn't it?

Would imagine TPO would come in to it..

Besides it would be very bad press....they have form

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
18 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Nonsense. Chansiri creamed himself when Jose answered his call , next minute mafia from Portugal  were at Hillsborough.

And Roeder then rode away - too inexperienced. Wow.

Of course, any suggestions that Mou got fees for this or helped his mates are well , well wide of the mark.