Chansiri Fatigue

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Post got me thinking, are we the only club who don’t have a shirt sponsor and make their own kit? 

There's loads of unusual kit names popped up just recently Sal.

I think this is something that's become a "common avenue" for clubs 

Bit like most mechanical & electrical goods...

Many different named  brands made in the same factory on licence ...

The "big boys" have had it cosy for a long long while ....

Can't blame clubs trying to do it for themselves 

I still reckon our Elev8 brand is very good quality compared to the big brands ..

It's all about availability and price though and the clubs demographic , which I think far outweighs any other issues ...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But why not just try and run us like a normal business?

His schemes and ideas would be fantastic if they actually worked. 

All I see when I see Chansiri across our shirts is ego I’m afraid. 

Most clubs have random far east betting companies.  Can’t see the difference tbh. At least we know who he is.

Least of our problems.

27 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Most clubs have random far east betting companies.  Can’t see the difference tbh. At least we know who he is.

Least of our problems.

In my humble opinion chansiri’s ego is our biggest problem

Its solely down to his insistence on meddling with the workings of the club that have shafted us

A good business man would appoint the best people available to run the business properly

An egotistical control freak like chansiri can’t do that even though he’s been continually proved to be incompetent 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, horny owl said:

In my humble opinion chansiri’s ego is our biggest problem

Its solely down to his insistence on meddling with the workings of the club that have shafted us

A good business man would appoint the best people available to run the business properly

An egotistical control freak like chansiri can’t do that even though he’s been continually proved to be incompetent 

He was “sold” his advisors as part of the package by MM based on the Leicester model.

I know who they are, we all mostly do but it was a 3 year project that narrowly failed and now we are dealing with the aftermath in the midst of a global pandemic.

He’s spent 300m quid.  If I’d done the same I’d want my say.

Easy to chirp from the sidelines.

14 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He was “sold” his advisors as part of the package by MM based on the Leicester model.

I know who they are, we all mostly do but it was a 3 year project that narrowly failed and now we are dealing with the aftermath in the midst of a global pandemic.

If that's the case, why are said advisors still being used six years into Chansiri's reign, and why didn't he change tack when it became apparent that we were being 'advised' into oblivion?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sharrowowl said:

We just need to hound Chansiri into selling up n believe one of the queue of football genius billionaires will snap us up. They'll make it back in gate receipts in no time. 

.EoO2MvhW8AEh17q.png

What planet are you living on? Tables published last season showed that , without TV money, the vast majority of Championship clubs and that includes us, are living on broadcasting money, and none are getting attendance money at all We may be one of the best supported clubs in the Championship, but our gate money is far from supporting the club.

And please don't start the old argument about lowering prices (though it would be nice)  Facts have shown that when prices have been lowered for certain games,  the expected increase has often led to the opposite.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But what are you saying exactly?

That if we get a new owner they wouldn't:

• Invest in the academy
  • Update and upgrade the stadium
  • Improve the shop
  • Improve catering
  • Adjust ticket pricing
  • Create a more positive environment amongst fans
  • Invest in the training ground
  • Have a more positive outlook regarding bringing younger players through that we can develop and selll at massive profit etc
  • Create ties and bonds with local businesses
  • Attract new sponsors
  • Get the executive box issues sorted out and the boxes sold again

I could go on - the list is lonnnnnng

No. I'm simply pointing out that, should a new owner turn up, he would have to a) have to pay Chansiri off , THEN pay for all the list of requirements to be brought about. This requires investment . in other words mONEY, and lots of it.

Don't forget that the richest club in the world -Man Utd- went through this years ago,   and they are now owned by a consortium.

I'm  not against a change of ownership, but its a case of finding the correct one, and if businesses such as Debenhams can go into receivership, new monied owners are few and far between

14 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

What planet are you living on? Tables published last season showed that , without TV money, the vast majority of Championship clubs and that includes us, are living on broadcasting money, and none are getting attendance money at all We may be one of the best supported clubs in the Championship, but our gate money is far from supporting the club.

And please don't start the old argument about lowering prices (though it would be nice)  Facts have shown that when prices have been lowered for certain games,  the expected increase has often led to the opposite.

I mainly live on planet sarcasm 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharrowowl said:

We just need to hound Chansiri into selling up n believe one of the queue of football genius billionaires will snap us up. They'll make it back in gate receipts in no time. 

EoO2MvhW8AEh17q.png

15 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

What planet are you living on to think that wasn't sarcastic.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I used to think this was the case but I no longer believe it to be the case. Milan may have introduced Chansiri to Doyen and the current adviser. But I don’t think they were part of any package. 

DC just likes using advisers. And he’s incredibly stubborn. 

• Like 1

With the way Chansiri has run this football club I'd be surprised if a buyer could be found to be honest. We're such a financial mess I can't believe we'd be a very attractive proposition for anyone. Not to mention the ridiculous price tag Chansiri would put on the club in the first place. 

He reminds me of those people who go on Dragons Den and tell the dragons that they have a business that's making a loss every year but it's worth 2million 

• Like 1

Totally feel the DC fatigue and have for a few years now. It hit us distant fans first by pricing us out of games when we could attend one.

The only way I can see things changing is with major civilized protests once things eventually return to near normal. But it needs to be organised and no personal stuff, only purely criticising his running of the club and our wish for him to sell up.

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I used to think this was the case but I no longer believe it to be the case. Milan may have introduced Chansiri to Doyen and the current adviser. But I don’t think they were part of any package. 

DC just likes using advisers. And he’s incredibly stubborn. 

It was and still is the case whether you agree with it or not.