Chansiri Fatigue

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

I'm not a Chansiri fan by any means, BUT what is the alternative? Has anyone got a minimum of £350,miliion to buyhim out?

And then what? We are in exactly the same position as now, and are still governed by FFP.  We then need to rebuild. The immediate future would not be any different. 

Owlstalk sensible post alert. Mods please remove. 

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I'm not a Chansiri fan by any means, BUT what is the alternative? Has anyone got a minimum of £350,miliion to buyhim out?

And then what? We are in exactly the same position as now, and are still governed by FFP.  We then need to rebuild. The immediate future would not be any different. 

But what are you saying exactly?

That if we get a new owner they wouldn't:

• Invest in the academy
  • Update and upgrade the stadium
  • Improve the shop
  • Improve catering
  • Adjust ticket pricing
  • Create a more positive environment amongst fans
  • Invest in the training ground
  • Have a more positive outlook regarding bringing younger players through that we can develop and selll at massive profit etc
  • Create ties and bonds with local businesses
  • Attract new sponsors
  • Get the executive box issues sorted out and the boxes sold again

I could go on - the list is lonnnnnng

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That if we get a new owner they wouldn't invest in the academy, update and upgrade the stadium, improve the shop, improve catering, adjust ticket pricing, create a more positive environment amongst fans, invest in the training ground, have a more positive outlook regarding bringing younger players through that we can develop and selll at massive profit etc?

I would seriously argue he has done all of the above since he got here.

Maybe not enough for some but you can tick everything on your list.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

All this talk of chansiri makes me think of the song lyrics...

I tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution... 

All this talk of change. Change can be good or bad. 

This is true

But I bet that prisoners of war in Japan  in the second world war didn't sit there thinking 'well we might as well just shut up and sit down because if we made it here and got back to England it might be worse' whilst a load of others kept running round shouting 'CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR' at those longing for better days  and an end to their life as a POW

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It  isn't though - it's a load of fearmongering nonsense

lol

It quite blatantly isn't a load of fearmongering nonsense. But you could apply that to other posts in this thread such as "it's only going to get worse from here" etc. 

"If we get a new owner things could be great" without suggesting how thats going to happen without answering the realistic questions posed by Buxtongent is pie in the sky. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That if we get a new owner they wouldn't:

• Invest in the academy - He has.
  • Update and upgrade the stadium - New pitch, scoreboard and modern advertising.
  • Improve the shop - He has.
  • Improve catering - He has.
  • Adjust ticket pricing - He has.
  • Create a more positive environment amongst fans - He did.
  • Invest in the training ground - He has.
  • Have a more positive outlook regarding bringing younger players through that we can develop and selll at massive profit etc - He has.
  • Create ties and bonds with local businesses - He has.
  • Attract new sponsors - He has.
  • Get the executive box issues sorted out and the boxes sold again - Only one that’s iffy.

I could go on - the list is lonnnnnng

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is true

But I bet that prisoners of war in Japan  in the second world war didn't sit there thinking 'well we might as well just shut up and sit down because if we made it here and got back to England it might be worse' whilst a load of others kept running round shouting 'CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR' at those longing for better days  and an end to their life as a POW

I guess I just pick up my pitchfork when I know that I need to. I'm not sure we need to right now. 

In fact given the state of the world economy id err toward that we actively don't want to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spondon Owl said:

I guess I just pick up my pitchfork when I know that I need to. I'm not sure we need to right now. 

In fact given the state of the world economy id err toward that we actively don't want to.

Other clubs takeovers and new owners coming in are going fine right now

Owlstalk Shop