Chansiri on fans wanting season ticket refunds "sometimes they act like a customer or maybe worse than a customer"

I wonder how much Chansiri's decision to sack Pulis rather than come to a mutual agreement has cost the club?

The BBC are reporting that "Pulis offered to leave the club under mutually acceptable terms, which would have meant he relinquished his pay-off."

If the chairman is in a position to turn down a mutual agreement in favour of paying off a second management team in as many months, then surely refunding the fans shouldn't be such an issue.

For those who are really struggling right now, it must be galling to know that your season ticket money is now going into Pulis' back pocket thanks to the chairman who thinks you're 'worse than a customer' for wanting your money back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelman said:

Personally think Chansiri is the lowest of the low. 

He's like some Thai Scouser, always the victim and never his fault. Can honestly say I despise the man and the sooner he's driven out of this club the better.

He's 100% reaping what he's sown with us fans and I have zero sympathy.

It's his lack of responsibility for being a shiit Chairman that really gets me.

He's bad at every single aspect of his role. I genuinely can't think of anything He's good at.

Any other job or business and he'd have been sacked in disgrace.

No way back from this for him.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wonder how much Chansiri's decision to sack Pulis rather than come to a mutual agreement has cost the club?

The BBC are reporting that "Pulis offered to leave the club under mutually acceptable terms, which would have meant he relinquished his pay-off."

If the chairman is in a position to turn down a mutual agreement in favour of paying off a second management team in as many months, then surely refunding the fans shouldn't be such an issue.

For those who are really struggling right now, it must be galling to know that your season ticket money is now going into Pulis' back pocket thanks to the chairman who thinks you're 'worse than a customer' for wanting your money back.

He has history for letting his ego and bad judgement cost us money.

Hirst, FF etc there are a long list of players a decent businessman would have got fees for 

21 hours ago, poite said:

Ive said before that I'm a life long wednesday fan who lives in Leicester. About 3miles from King Power stadium. 

Whilst Chansiri owns this football club I'm finding it impossible to make the trip up to Sheffield to bring my five year old son up as an owl. Leicester are a lovely club with wonderful owners. I never imagined I'd ever even think about my son being anything other than an owl but Chansiri has changed that. 

I live about 10 miles away and while being in Tier 3 is frustrating on many counts for many people, one upside is I don't have to go and sit and watch that shower of poo. I never thought I would feel this way but I'm getting out of the habit and finding other things to do. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Ive been to about 5 games in the last 3 seasons due to my health and lockdown.  I’ve kept my season ticket throughout all this time literally cos I’d rather the club have my money so I feel like I’m contributing, and the tickets there IF I have been able to physically find the strength to go. During that time I think my season tickets been used by someone else a handful of times. Otherwise, pre lockdown, my seat was just unused.

I didn’t ask for a refund last season cos I was conscious of our financial situation and liked actually having a home and away stream.

Not asked for a refund this season, but not tuned into many games. Very apathetic about how we’re playing but again at least I felt like I was at least contributing. In ordinary times, no lockdown/no injury id grin and bear it so I thought I’d try and keep that attitude at least. I wanted the club to have my money.

Never again. Not now he’s said that he doesn’t feel like the fans have helped at all. Not whilst he’s in charge. I’ve never felt so disconnected from the club.

What a weapon.

First of all,what you did epitomizes commitment to me,you simply couldn't ask more of a supporter(though it wasnt asked,better still,it was given freely,& willingly)

To have said commitment thrown back in your face leaves a very bitter taste....When i think of you doing that,& footballers drawing 30,35 grand a week....or not playing at all...makes my blood boil......

I salute you sir..

19 hours ago, Shifty Powers said:

Emotional blackmail. I said in another thread is what it is. 

I am sick to death of being treated like a mug from this shambles of a football club.

I am also sick of seeing our once famous name going through all the negative press of sacking managers, being seen as cheats, not paying players m and breaking the rules time and time again. 

The one positive, in an ironic way, is this will galvanise the entire fan base in turning against him. He keeps digging himself that hole time and time again with these constant snide comments. 

Problem is there is still a large section of the fanbase who think he’s still a hero because he spent a bit of money. 

It’s frightening. ‘He gave it a go’ seems to outweigh the financial mismanagement, eye watering high prices, contempt for the fanbase and our name being dragged through the mud in the press and on online. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Maybe if the club called from a Sheffield phone number instead of one used by those ambulance chasers claiming you have had a car accident you know nowt about, them maybe the fans would answer the call 

The number that called me is the ticket office number as listed on the website, plus if you haven’t had cause to use the number before it ends in 1867 so there is a little clue as to who it could be?

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

The number that called me is the ticket office number as listed on the website, plus if you haven’t had cause to use the number before it ends in 1867 so there is a little clue as to who it could be?

Why do you think people arent answering then?

Just now, Grandad said:

Why do you think people arent answering then?

Dunno, maybe some are at work in places where they can’t take personal calls, maybe some are on landlines without caller id(believe me there are still some people like this), maybe some are driving, there are lots of possibilities. Just pointing out it’s not some random number or a withheld number that’s calling it’s a number associated to and published by the club. 

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

Dunno, maybe some are at work in places where they can’t take personal calls, maybe some are on landlines without caller id(believe me there are still some people like this), maybe some are driving, there are lots of possibilities. Just pointing out it’s not some random number or a withheld number that’s calling it’s a number associated to and published by the club. 

I have no idea what the club phone number is as I don't go on club website or ring the club. I suspect there are many thousands of others the same as me. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I have no idea what the club phone number is as I don't go on club website or ring the club. I suspect there are many thousands of others the same as me. 

ok no worries, if you get a call from 03700 201867 it’s probably about your refund so spread the word. 

• Thanks 1

This is the man who welcomed a fans' forum only to behave like a petulant child whenever someone would provide a suggestion or levy any form of constructive criticism.

The day Mr Chansiri leaves will be a good day to be a supporter of this club.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The reality is, Chansiri when he took over Sheffield Wednesday, he didn't have a clue about football, absolutely nothing, how to run a football club, so he brought someone in to handle all matters pertaining to football.  

5 years later, DC still doesn't have a clue, and it shows in his language and contempt when speaking about loyal supporters of this great football club.  

Describing the fans as mere customers, and then chucking in worse than customers, shows me he doesn't know what English football is actually about.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1