Chansiri on fans wanting season ticket refunds "sometimes they act like a customer or maybe worse than a customer"

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Today he's called us bad customers and that he's the one losing money whilst we just buy tickets as though it's a movie

Fair enough

But if that's the case why is he then going on to say 'what are the critics doing for the club'?

We're customers mate - we just buy tickets according to you

The manager of Cineworld doesn't message people back who leave reviews on facebook saying cineworlds toilets were dirty and the staff were too slow selling the hotdogs and popcorn and shouting at them "WELL WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR THE CINEMA?"

Can't have it both ways

I have zero issues if Chansiri sees us as simply money touting customers simply buying tickets - that's fine - but don't then come to us saying we're not doing our bit when we're buying tickets to the new Star Wars film, hotdogs, popcorn and set up direct debits for cineworld cards

FFS

It’s like he gets tangled in his own logic. It makes no sense what he’s saying.

If he thinks we are just customers than that’s fine. But then to say negativity on social media is damaging the club - that makes no sense.

Like going to a restaurant - your food coming late and it not being what you ordered. Then going home, writing a review saying ‘food was shiteeee’. And then the restaurant owner coming back and saying ‘well what are you doing to help? Didn’t see you in the kitchen helping make the food you paid for’.

lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They say they are a fan, a supporter, but sometimes they act like a customer or maybe worse than a customer. 

Does this mean when we were fans he could expect us to keep giving up the money now we are asking why is it being so badly spent, why is the club going backwards not forwards with the increased finances.

Now we are customers because we are questioning him.

Unfortunately he loses the fans his time at the club is over, a few results may turn a few, but even the diehards have had enough of the same rubbish season in season out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s like he gets tangled in his own logic. It makes no sense what he’s saying.

If he thinks we are just customers than that’s fine. But then to say negativity on social media is damaging the club - that makes no sense.

Like going to a restaurant - your food coming late and it not being what you ordered. Then going home, writing a review saying ‘food was shiteeee’. And then the restaurant owner coming back and saying ‘well what are you doing to help? Didn’t see you in the kitchen helping make the food you paid for’.

lol

Says negativity on social media is damaging the club... in a 2 hour rant to the press which begins with him slagging off a well-known ex-manager for being unprofessional

I wonder what’s more likely to make local/national headlines: “Wednesday fans on twitter complain about team being shít” or “Wednesday chairman says Tony Pulis was sacked for being unprofessional”

He doesn’t help himself

• Like 2

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"I told the fans if we keep spend, this was in good situation, we would hit FFP.

The fans said in a previous meeting they would support me and help me. In the end, nobody helped me. If we spend money, the FFP issue, £13m a year is not enough."

It's all our fault for not helping enough.

🙄

Nobody helped?

So however many thousand loyal season ticket holders and matchday ticket buyers still stumping up the highest ££ for tickets in the league isn’t helping? 

Might not bother in future then. 

• Like 3

Ive been to about 5 games in the last 3 seasons due to my health and lockdown.  I’ve kept my season ticket throughout all this time literally cos I’d rather the club have my money so I feel like I’m contributing, and the tickets there IF I have been able to physically find the strength to go. During that time I think my season tickets been used by someone else a handful of times. Otherwise, pre lockdown, my seat was just unused.

I didn’t ask for a refund last season cos I was conscious of our financial situation and liked actually having a home and away stream.

Not asked for a refund this season, but not tuned into many games. Very apathetic about how we’re playing but again at least I felt like I was at least contributing. In ordinary times, no lockdown/no injury id grin and bear it so I thought I’d try and keep that attitude at least. I wanted the club to have my money.

Never again. Not now he’s said that he doesn’t feel like the fans have helped at all. Not whilst he’s in charge. I’ve never felt so disconnected from the club.

What a weapon.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Says negativity on social media is damaging the club...  

It wasn't when we were doing ok, didn't have FFP issues, didn't have a 12 point deduction, when were weren't sacking managers every week, when the club weren't taking a year to refund season tickets, when we had a quality squad, when the club actually communicated regularly with fans etc etc etc etc etc

etc etc etc

It wasn't then

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It wasn't when we were doing ok, didn't have FFP issues, didn't have a 12 point deduction, when were weren't sacking managers every week, when the club weren't taking a year to refund season tickets, when we had a quality squad, when the club actually communicated regularly with fans etc etc etc etc etc

etc etc etc

It wasn't then

He’s only the chairman, what’s he supposed to do about all that?

• Haha 2

Our cinema ticket price is up there with the highest in the country. 

We’re being shown Police Academy 6 on repeat.

I think we’re well within our rights to ask for more and, point out what we’re receiving is poor. 

What are we going to do about it though that’s the question! 

Absolutely frightening logic. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Thats not the problem at all

Its our selfish fans not answering the calls. The club have said it themselves on email

Maybe if the club called from a Sheffield phone number instead of one used by those ambulance chasers claiming you have had a car accident you know nowt about, them maybe the fans would answer the call 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Did the chairman thank the fans today for their support during 2020? Did he thank the fans who are spending money at the club? Paying for Ifollow etc? 

Just wondering? I’m sure he would have done. 

He went for the bold “I’ll just attack everyone for not spending enough and question them as fans as a result” approach.

Lets see if it pays off! 

• Haha 1

I’m owed £99 sumat.

My options were refund, vouchers, ifollow & academy iirc.

There’s nothing in the shop for me to spend vouchers on. I’ve tried spending cash before and again there’s been nothing on the shelves. 

iFollow just isn’t worth the money being asked as a service. 2-3 of the games were on Sky too so you were essentially paying £99 to watch 6-7 games at the time, on an iPad. 

Our policy of promoting kids from the academy seems to be wait until they’re worth something then offer them a pro contract on peanuts so they leave for free. He’s called Shaw out today for asking for more by the looks too. 

I would’ve happily chucked the money towards next years season ticket but he had nearly £500 off me in January for that. 

So other than ask for it back, I’m not sure what else I was supposed to do. Because if we’re ‘only feeling sorry for ourselves’ like he says he is, why should I feel sorry for him?

• Like 3

Emotional blackmail. I said in another thread is what it is. 

I am sick to death of being treated like a mug from this shambles of a football club.

I am also sick of seeing our once famous name going through all the negative press of sacking managers, being seen as cheats, not paying players m and breaking the rules time and time again. 

The one positive, in an ironic way, is this will galvanise the entire fan base in turning against him. He keeps digging himself that hole time and time again with these constant snide comments. 

Edited by Shifty Powers
  • Like 6

Personally think Chansiri is the lowest of the low. 

He's like some Thai Scouser, always the victim and never his fault. Can honestly say I despise the man and the sooner he's driven out of this club the better.

He's 100% reaping what he's sown with us fans and I have zero sympathy.

• Like 6