Chansiri on fans wanting season ticket refunds "sometimes they act like a customer or maybe worse than a customer"

1 hour ago, poite said:

Ive said before that I'm a life long wednesday fan who lives in Leicester. About 3miles from King Power stadium. 

Whilst Chansiri owns this football club I'm finding it impossible to make the trip up to Sheffield to bring my five year old son up as an owl. Leicester are a lovely club with wonderful owners. I never imagined I'd ever even think about my son being anything other than an owl but Chansiri has changed that. 

Typical that Mandaric sells Leicester to ace owners and we get this lunatic. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Typical that Mandaric sells Leicester to ace owners and we get this lunatic. 

This is the most depressing thing in our recent history

With the Thai owners Leicester have we’d have been unstoppable 

With this clown we’ve got we’re going out of business 

42 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

There’s an interesting correlation between the way an owner treats the supporters and their response in difficult times such as these. 

So, down here the Plymouth owner/Chairman is a lifelong Argyle supporter and regarded as an all round bloody good bloke. When Covid hit, only 3% of supporters asked for refunds for the last two months of the season. They then had about 6500 season ticket renewals for this season, which was up on the previous season and when it transpired that things weren’t going to get fully back to normal as had been hoped, the numbers asking for refunds was even less than last season. 

This is what happens when the supporters feel a close bond between a club and themselves. The owner is the figurehead who sets the tone Mr Chansiri and that’s one of the reasons lots of Wednesday supporters, or customers as you see them, wanted their money back. 

Absolutely spot on. But that’s sadly totally lost on Chansiri. He’s incapable of fostering a connection between fans and the club because he firstly has no comprehension of what football is and second he’s totally pigheaded. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

Post covid i'll be surprised if attendances are anywhere near as high as they used to be either.
Not because of the product or anything.

But the country economically is still on it's knees and/or people will have got used to not going to the games so the drive/urge to go back may have lapsed.

So I hope he's planning for that accordingly too....

Oh wait...he doesn't need our money apparently

Will he fizz have planned for it. He’s slagging those off who expect refunds and expecting them to be in the ground first day back. He’s made zero effort to engage with supporters throughout this. 

Deluded idiot 

Edited by owls maniac
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mole said:

He just doesn't get it does he. 

If he was surprised at 60% of people asking for refunds for the 2019-20 season, I hope he's prepared himself for an even bigger percentage requesting a refund for the 2020-21 season. 

Don’t think it’s surprising that 60% of season ticket holders want refunds at all. 

Most go to the game in a family group of 2 or 3. One person in that group opts for Ifollow which they all watch. The rest of the group claim a refund. Entirely predictable behaviour by people who need some cash right now.

• Like 2

I wonder what Chansiris Thai "Tuna" customers are actually like then?

Do they go to his shops and buy the same product at twice the sodding price because its "his"?

Are they twice the number of any other "shop" that sells the same thing?

Do they leave their money at the shop when theres no f.ookin' Tuna in stock?

Do they settle for Tuna past its sell by date from his shop, when all the other shops have fresh Tuna?

Is his shop staffed by people who know f.ook all about Tuna, but plenty about f.ookin' trawling the depths?

Whats a "Customer" Mr Chansiri?

its someone who pays the going rate for stuff on sale and gets what he pays for isn't it?

If Wednesday were a shop, and fans were customers...You idiot...The "customers" would go nowhere near the sodding place

Absolute delusion, upon shambles, upon bloody ridiculous.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, horny owl said:

This is the most depressing thing in our recent history

With the Thai owners Leicester have we’d have been unstoppable 

With this clown we’ve got we’re going out of business 

To be fair, Leicester's owners weren't that well loved when they were in the championship - and they got lucky cause when they spaffed money up the wall and broke FFP they managed to get promoted and get away with it. They're objectively better owners, but there's an awful lot of luck in football and Chansiri has had a run of bad luck (exacerbated by bad decisions).

Will put my tin hat on for this, but I think a lot of people have been pretty petulant when it comes to refunds (especially pre-covid when people demanded refunds after bad results). The vast majority of professional football clubs clearly aren't well run businesses and have big cashflow issues - Wednesday has an approx £10m black hole in it's accounts this year and no matter what Chansiri says that's a huge amount, just under 50% of the club's revenue. Counter-intuitively some smaller clubs are actually able to wether the storm a bit better because they don't rely on having the cushion of a big £7m+ matchday income guaranteed.

I think Chansiri has gotten this wrong by not being up front and honest about the cashflow crisis, but some degree of expectation management is needed here from people. For what it's worth, Wednesday aren't the only club in this situation, Derby also have messed up their refunds. 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The more he talks, the worse it gets:

"The fans can blame me. I have no issue.

In business, there is always risk. You can do bad. You can do good. It is normal in business.

I have lost a lot of money, not the fans. The minority try to say how bad I am. I ask the minority what they are doing for the club.

If they don't like me, they don't need to get involved.

I feel sorry for me that I have lost a lot of money.

I am not saying I am a good or bad owner. I believe that I am loyal to the fans to say to the truth. Sometimes the fans don't like what I have to say."

He just doesn't get it, does he?

Many of our fans have spent a small fortune following Wednesday up and down the country and even further afield. No, they won't have spent as much as Chansiri, but it's all relative, isn't it?

And besides that, since when did we measure support in monetary terms alone?

The countless hours our fanbase have spent obsessing about every aspect of our club; supporting those on the pitch; willing the club to do well;. dwarfs anything Chansiri has done in the six years since he first heard of Sheffield Wednesday, of that I have no doubt. 

When he asks what we're doing for the club, what does he actually expect? We're supporters. We're keeping our end of the bargain. As for whether the same can be said of the chairman, I'm not so sure.

The comment which really rankles in all this though is the notion that if we don't like Chansiri, we don't need to get involved, which shows a complete lack of understanding of what being a football fan is all about.

Wednesday is in our blood; if we could walk away, I'm sure many of us would. Heck, logic dictates that nobody would choose to follow a club which has been run into the ground for two decades and counting.

But of course we no more made a logical choice to follow Wednesday than we could make a logical choice to walk away. You know that, and so do I. Our chairman however, seemingly doesn't. And that's terrifying.

So Chansiri might be feeling sorry for himself, but I'm certainly not.

What he fails to grasp is that it's perfectly possible to love Wednesday yet hate what he's doing to our club.

No Mr Chairman, you're right, the fans or is it customers I can't quite work out which one it is. But for arguments sake lets say fans. They have lost nothing, apart from in some cases, their jobs, the ability to provide for their family, having to rely on state handout and food banks, but never mind aye, they haven't lost that much. 

You sir are absolutely unreal. How dare that fan ask for their money back. You keep on feeling sorry for yourself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marshy said:

No Mr Chairman, you're right, the fans or is it customers I can't quite work out which one it is. But for arguments sake lets say fans. They have lost nothing, apart from in some cases, their jobs, the ability to provide for their family, having to rely on state handout and food banks, but never mind aye, they haven't lost that much. 

You sir are absolutely unreal. How dare that fan ask for their money back. You keep on feeling sorry for yourself.

I'm trying really hard not to resorts to personal insults, as that just plays into his hands and gives him something to latch onto in his next fan-bashing excursion.

But it's really, really hard, isn't it?

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm trying really hard not to resorts to personal insults, as that just plays into his hands and gives him something to latch onto in his next fan-bashing excursion.

But it's really, really hard, isn't it?

It is, And as the saying goes, there's none so blind as those who can't see.But in our Chairmans case it's those who won't see, and I've come to the conclusion nothing will change until we go bust which sadly I feel isn't too far away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poite said:

Ive said before that I'm a life long wednesday fan who lives in Leicester. About 3miles from King Power stadium. 

Whilst Chansiri owns this football club I'm finding it impossible to make the trip up to Sheffield to bring my five year old son up as an owl. Leicester are a lovely club with wonderful owners. I never imagined I'd ever even think about my son being anything other than an owl but Chansiri has changed that. 

Save him a lifetime of misery while you still can. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fantastic post.

Today has made it pretty clear to me. He’s been here almost 6 years and he has made absolutely no attempt to try and understand what this football club means to so many people. He doesn’t get it. I appreciate when he first arrived not quite getting how passionate about their club English football fans on. But 6 years on to still not get it? Really? 

It’s all about the money with him. We should be eternally grateful because he spent a bit of money. We never asked you to chairman. When you first arrived you said your plan was to get us promoted as quickly as you can. Unfortunately this involves spending money. You knew what you were signing up to (well I hope you did) when you got involved in a big football club like Sheffield Wednesday. Having said that all our fans ever wanted was the club to be stable and be in a position to challenge for a place back in the top flight. We never asked you to waste your money, mismanage the club, lead us into transfer embargo’s and lead us into the first points deduction in our long history. We didn’t want that. We put our trust in you to look after the club, but we’ve gone backwards in the time you’ve been here. And you wonder why fans were asking for season ticket refunds? 

You’ve made no attempt to engage with fans or understand what it means to us. There’s no trust there. You have to earn trust. You’ve failed miserably at earning it.

Exactly.

He keeps suggesting that the fans were happy for him to spend money etc.

Of course we were - we're football fans: 90% of our demands are unreasonable!

What we weren't happy for him to do was to spend to such an extent that breaching P&S rules was inevitable; refuse to sell any players to redress the balance; sell the stadium to himself in such a cake-handed manner that he incurred a points deduction; and run our club into the ground.

Pretending that he was being led by the fans is disingenuous in the extreme.

Otherwise, he'd have listened to us when we asked for more reasonable ticket prices, wouldn't he?

He can't have it both ways.

PS - I spotted the autocorrection of 'cack-handed' to 'cake-handed', but decided to leave it, as it seems quite apt.

:Chansiri:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, trev said:

Yeah....hes absolutely done now.

No coming back from those comments.

He's about to realise that fans money does pay for things. Mass season ticket boycott coming up.

You're screwed now mate.

I agree, but my worry is how on Earth do we get out of this mess with our club still intact?

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Why are people pretending to be shocked and angry today that he thinks like this?

Its been obvious since the comments on fans money meaning nothing. 

I don't think anyone's pretending.

The situation is horrendous; sniping at our fellow supporters isn't going to help.

His brass neck to call fans who have asked for a refund "bad customers" is the final insult for me. 

It's bad enough that a full SIX MONTHS after applying for my refund I still haven't got it, but for Chansiri to then tell me I'm a bad customer for wanting my money back is a disgrace, and something I will never forgive him for. 

• Like 3