Chansiri on fans wanting season ticket refunds "sometimes they act like a customer or maybe worse than a customer"

1 minute ago, pahowl said:

The ticket office/ ticketing system normally handles away ticket sales of over 2,000 every couple of weeks. 

Amazed we can't handle 10,000 refunds in 6 months! 

Exactly

I would love to know:

1) How many staff are calling fans

2) What time of day they're calling them

3) What the process is if they ring a number and the fan doesn't answer

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, 0114 said:

“He’s just being advised badly”  :laugh:

' i still back him but i just hope he changes the way he does things' 😂😂😂😂

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

I would love to know:

There is only onevstaff member dealing with st refunds

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

I would love to know:

They rang me at about 12.50 on my mobile when I was at work.

I didn't answer so the lady asked me to ring back.

I did and it was all sorted within 5 minutes., they restored the amount to a card, probably made it easier their end.

Might have been problems if it was a home number and I didn't get home from work until after the ticket office closed.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

As one of those who forked out on a 10-year season ticket, after 30 years of watching the Owls, I'm rather annoyed at DC's attitude. But what annoys me more, is those fans from the past few years who have defended high walk-up prices. It's put people off, priced people out, how can you defend that? People bang on about the attendances not improving when it's a tenner a game, are missing the point entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, poite said:

I'm looking forward to the people who come on and defend this nonsense with the classic 'his English isn't great and he didn't mean it like that' 

I think he's been misunderstood. :ph34r:

lol

10 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

There’s an interesting correlation between the way an owner treats the supporters and their response in difficult times such as these. 

So, down here the Plymouth owner/Chairman is a lifelong Argyle supporter and regarded as an all round bloody good bloke. When Covid hit, only 3% of supporters asked for refunds for the last two months of the season. They then had about 6500 season ticket renewals for this season, which was up on the previous season and when it transpired that things weren’t going to get fully back to normal as had been hoped, the numbers asking for refunds was even less than last season. 

This is what happens when the supporters feel a close bond between a club and themselves. The owner is the figurehead who sets the tone Mr Chansiri and that’s one of the reasons lots of Wednesday supporters, or customers as you see them, wanted their money back. 

Without the fans' support, I assume Argyle would be close to the edge? With our club, it makes no difference, because the players are on such ridiculous contracts, our input is a drop in a vast ocean.

Right then guys, seen as watching Wednesday is like entertainment when you go to watch a film. I suggest we start treating the club as such.

If you think a film you’ve paid for is crap, you pay to go and watch another one. I suggest we all go and spend money at Hallam FC or Sheffield FC because at the minute I feel that would be more ‘entertaining’ than watching Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Right then guys, seen as watching Wednesday is like entertainment when you go to watch a film. I suggest we start treating the club as such.

If you think a film you’ve paid for is crap, you pay to go and watch another one. I suggest we all go and spend money at Hallam FC or Sheffield FC because at the minute I feel that would be more ‘entertaining’ than watching Sheffield Wednesday. 

If you watch a crap film you splatter it all over the internet what you think about it and leave it crappy reviews

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If you watch a crap film you splatter it all over the internet what you think about it and leave it crappy reviews

We don't need film reviewers like that.

Sometimes I make a good film. Sometimes I make a bad film.

If you don't like my film you must be tricky, and can mind your own business.

I paid to make the bad film so jog on.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

They say they are a fan, a supporter, but sometimes they act like a customer or maybe worse than a customer. 

Chansiri really is clueless. More or less every comment he made in that interview was a pop at the supporters. 

The man is a deluded fool. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The more he talks, the worse it gets:

"The fans can blame me. I have no issue.

In business, there is always risk. You can do bad. You can do good. It is normal in business.

I have lost a lot of money, not the fans. The minority try to say how bad I am. I ask the minority what they are doing for the club.

If they don't like me, they don't need to get involved.

I feel sorry for me that I have lost a lot of money.

I am not saying I am a good or bad owner. I believe that I am loyal to the fans to say to the truth. Sometimes the fans don't like what I have to say."

He just doesn't get it, does he?

Many of our fans have spent a small fortune following Wednesday up and down the country and even further afield. No, they won't have spent as much as Chansiri, but it's all relative, isn't it?

And besides that, since when did we measure support in monetary terms alone?

The countless hours our fanbase have spent obsessing about every aspect of our club; supporting those on the pitch; willing the club to do well;. dwarfs anything Chansiri has done in the six years since he first heard of Sheffield Wednesday, of that I have no doubt. 

When he asks what we're doing for the club, what does he actually expect? We're supporters. We're keeping our end of the bargain. As for whether the same can be said of the chairman, I'm not so sure.

The comment which really rankles in all this though is the notion that if we don't like Chansiri, we don't need to get involved, which shows a complete lack of understanding of what being a football fan is all about.

Wednesday is in our blood; if we could walk away, I'm sure many of us would. Heck, logic dictates that nobody would choose to follow a club which has been run into the ground for two decades and counting.

But of course we no more made a logical choice to follow Wednesday than we could make a logical choice to walk away. You know that, and so do I. Our chairman however, seemingly doesn't. And that's terrifying.

So Chansiri might be feeling sorry for himself, but I'm certainly not.

What he fails to grasp is that it's perfectly possible to love Wednesday yet hate what he's doing to our club.

Fantastic post.

Today has made it pretty clear to me. He’s been here almost 6 years and he has made absolutely no attempt to try and understand what this football club means to so many people. He doesn’t get it. I appreciate when he first arrived not quite getting how passionate about their club English football fans on. But 6 years on to still not get it? Really? 

It’s all about the money with him. We should be eternally grateful because he spent a bit of money. We never asked you to chairman. When you first arrived you said your plan was to get us promoted as quickly as you can. Unfortunately this involves spending money. You knew what you were signing up to (well I hope you did) when you got involved in a big football club like Sheffield Wednesday. Having said that all our fans ever wanted was the club to be stable and be in a position to challenge for a place back in the top flight. We never asked you to waste your money, mismanage the club, lead us into transfer embargo’s and lead us into the first points deduction in our long history. We didn’t want that. We put our trust in you to look after the club, but we’ve gone backwards in the time you’ve been here. And you wonder why fans were asking for season ticket refunds? 

You’ve made no attempt to engage with fans or understand what it means to us. There’s no trust there. You have to earn trust. You’ve failed miserably at earning it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Post covid i'll be surprised if attendances are anywhere near as high as they used to be either.
Not because of the product or anything.

But the country economically is still on it's knees and/or people will have got used to not going to the games so the drive/urge to go back may have lapsed.

So I hope he's planning for that accordingly too....

Oh wait...he doesn't need our money apparently

the Brentford weekend cost me a fortune for an absolute shambles of a performance, a fellow fan and overseas owl also paid hundreds to come over for the match.

If it was a one off then fair dos. But last season (and this) have been a shambles and my refund of 100 quid didnt even cover the London weekend hotel.