Chansiri on fans wanting season ticket refunds "sometimes they act like a customer or maybe worse than a customer"

Blaming the fans again.

We are one of the most loyal fan bases in the country.  There are not many clubs in the country that would get the attendances that we have been getting over the last 20 years given the way the club was being run and some of the appalling teams on show.

But we still turn out in our numbers.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Comes over as a privileged rich kid with no grasp of football economics or the remotest empathy for the lives of his ‘customers’ in a largely working class city during a pandemic.

What he said.

Sheffield is essentially a working class city and to expect supporters to spend a large proportion of their hard earned income supporting their team consisting of players being paid 20-30 thousand a week by the owner shows he is totally detached from reality and has no empathy with the city, the club and its supporters.

• Love 2

30 minutes ago, poite said:

Ive said before that I'm a life long wednesday fan who lives in Leicester. About 3miles from King Power stadium. 

Whilst Chansiri owns this football club I'm finding it impossible to make the trip up to Sheffield to bring my five year old son up as an owl. Leicester are a lovely club with wonderful owners. I never imagined I'd ever even think about my son being anything other than an owl but Chansiri has changed that. 

I'm the same, taken my lad a few times to Hillsborough, the football has been so dire he's not interested anymore.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, poite said:

Ive said before that I'm a life long wednesday fan who lives in Leicester. About 3miles from King Power stadium. 

Whilst Chansiri owns this football club I'm finding it impossible to make the trip up to Sheffield to bring my five year old son up as an owl. Leicester are a lovely club with wonderful owners. I never imagined I'd ever even think about my son being anything other than an owl but Chansiri has changed that. 

Can you adopt me and get me away from this club for a bit?

• Haha 2

He’s his own worst enemy. 

He’s stood up infront of a room of supporters and told us our money barely covers anything! Despite being some of the highest prices in the division. 

Few years later and now your basically not a proper fan if you’ve demanded your money back. 

Embarrassing listening to him

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No way can Chansiri complain about the support given by our fans

Between 19 thousand and 35 thousand fans have been paying some of the highest prices in the country for the past 5 years in support of him and the club. The fact that it has been squandered is 100% not on us 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, poite said:

I'm looking forward to the people who come on and defend this nonsense with the classic 'his English isn't great and he didn't mean it like that' 

I think is English isn't Very good and he has been misinterpreted 

Edited by Simon78

There’s an interesting correlation between the way an owner treats the supporters and their response in difficult times such as these. 

So, down here the Plymouth owner/Chairman is a lifelong Argyle supporter and regarded as an all round bloody good bloke. When Covid hit, only 3% of supporters asked for refunds for the last two months of the season. They then had about 6500 season ticket renewals for this season, which was up on the previous season and when it transpired that things weren’t going to get fully back to normal as had been hoped, the numbers asking for refunds was even less than last season. 

This is what happens when the supporters feel a close bond between a club and themselves. The owner is the figurehead who sets the tone Mr Chansiri and that’s one of the reasons lots of Wednesday supporters, or customers as you see them, wanted their money back. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

There’s an interesting correlation between the way an owner treats the supporters and their response in difficult times such as these. 

So, down here the Plymouth owner/Chairman is a lifelong Argyle supporter and regarded as an all round bloody good bloke. When Covid hit, only 3% of supporters asked for refunds for the last two months of the season. They then had about 6500 season ticket renewals for this season, which was up on the previous season and when it transpired that things weren’t going to get fully back to normal as had been hoped, the numbers asking for refunds was even less than last season. 

This is what happens when the supporters feel a close bond between a club and themselves. The owner is the figurehead who sets the tone Mr Chansiri and that’s one of the reasons lots of Wednesday supporters, or customers as you see them, wanted their money back. 

Supporters have watched him spunk millions up the wall through mismanagement.

He hasn't accepted any responsibility for this.

What on earth did he expect ?

Totally deluded.

• Like 1

The ticket office/ ticketing system normally handles away ticket sales of over 2,000 every couple of weeks. 

Amazed we can't handle 10,000 refunds in 6 months!

Get the customer to claim their refund by entering onto a secure site their bank details and then refund by bacs.

At wednesdayite we issued Bristol City coach refunds before the game was due to take part back to the card used by the purchaser.

We also issued partial refunds to 90% of our car park season ticket holders in about 7 days in June, with most getting refund same day as they gave us bank details . 

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
27 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He’s his own worst enemy. 

He’s stood up infront of a room of supporters and told us our money barely covers anything! Despite being some of the highest prices in the division. 

Few years later and now your basically not a proper fan if you’ve demanded your money back. 

Embarrassing listening to him

Theres plenty on here who think 'proper' fans shudnt request their money back