Chansiri on why he sacked Tony Pulis

The way he said things to me told me he had no confidence at all, that he doesn’t know how to manage this team.

We arranged to talk after the Coventry game and after that call, it was late in Thailand but nothing came back. I asked my people to tell him do you want a meeting or not?

I am not the one who refused the meeting.

I asked him how I could help. I said it would be better to keep a good relationship. His lawyer sent me something that made him look good and me bad.

We spoke about mutual consent, make it easy. He never think about his staff, only about himself. I told him he needed to solve for his people as well.

Monday morning my lawyer had to go to the hospital, so my people told him we would talk after Tuesday’s game. In the morning he told my people that because my lawyer was busy and to come back about mutual consent on Tuesday.

He got mad. He said it had to be now. He said my players don’t look good in training, maybe they told them.

Owlstalk Shop

All sounds like a misunderstanding to me.

He convinced me that he could help and that our squad was good enough to keep us in the league.

TP said we could survive this season with the players we had so DC was under the impression he could be patient in the transfer market.

When the players were not winning, he was saying something different and that the squad was unbalanced but they could still improve by bringing in the right players.

TP maybe thought we could get by but will have a better chance when players are signed in the transfer window...

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The way he said things to me told me he had no confidence at all, that he doesn’t know how to manage this team.

We arranged to talk after the Coventry game and after that call, it was late in Thailand but nothing came back. I asked my people to tell him do you want a meeting or not?

I am not the one who refused the meeting.

I asked him how I could help. I said it would be better to keep a good relationship. His lawyer sent me something that made him look good and me bad.

We spoke about mutual consent, make it easy. He never think about his staff, only about himself. I told him he needed to solve for his people as well.

Monday morning my lawyer had to go to the hospital, so my people told him we would talk after Tuesday’s game. In the morning he told my people that because my lawyer was busy and to come back about mutual consent on Tuesday.

He got mad. He said it had to be now. He said my players don’t look good in training, maybe they told them.

So TP realised he couldn't save the club from relegation and wanted to get out to save his reputation...

• Like 1

“I talked to my team and they said give him more chance and maybe he would do better.

I said 'okay, I will give more of a chance”

WTF

Can he not see that totally undermines the manager who is trying to get these players to buy into a new philosophy and identity?

This places all the power back with the players and makes Pulis job (love him or hate him) 10 times harder

Pathetic

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

“I talked to my team and they said give him more chance and maybe he would do better.

I said 'okay, I will give more of a chance”

WTF

Can he not see that totally undermines the manager who is trying to get these players to buy into a new philosophy and identity?

This places all the power back with the players and makes Pulis job (love him or hate him) 10 times harder

Pathetic

By "team" I dont think he meant the players but his advisory team...

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

This is brutal.

TP tried to screw DC behind the scenes, so now DC is hanging him out to dry.

Quality...

But TP won in the end..he got out ...and his pay off...sickening

It's amazing how an owner who seems to so desperately rely on other peoples advice seems to disapprove of any real advisors. 

I'm sorry mate, but when someone is being interviewed for a job a and you ask them if they can work with the current squad and get something out of them no interviewee is going to say "no, this lot is useless, I doubt I could win more than one game in ten with them to be honest"

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3