THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

I had the quotes coming through to me on WhatsApp yesterday. 

At first I thought, as usual he does drop some clangers / bombshells... quite interesting if not chaotic. 

Then I thought ... This is what ALWAYS happens. 

I don’t want chaotic!  Or drama, or gossip. 

Just go about your business to fix this club... 

Improve things!  

PROPERLY do the things required. Like the owner of a business would. 

Try and run a business well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, d-man said:

I don’t need luck, just telling the truth!

what has the guy done wrong pumped millions in to the club, been let down by some high profile managers, miss advised when it’s come to recruitment, spent to much and got in trouble!

What would be the alternative, spending no money, telling us nothing, not listening to the fans, I think sometimes it’s better the devil you know!

This is the thing that always makes me laugh. The only defence of the man is that he's spent loads of money. Well, let's face it, spending loads of money is something everybody could do if they had it. It's how you spend it and to say he's done a good job with that would be a little silly wouldn't it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

At first I thought, as usual he does drop some clangers / bombshells... quite interesting if not chaotic. 

Improve things!  

If he was thinking with a business head he would have tossed us to the wolves along time ago! That makes more business sense! More than pumping money into a seeming lost cause!

but he hasn’t he is sticking with it and losing money hand over fist, and what for to get abused for doing it!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Improve things!  

A sensible post.

Re the original post - If someone is badly advised for 6 years and still takes the same advice then what does that make them?  Foolish in my book.

1 minute ago, poite said:

This is the thing that always makes me laugh. The only defence of the man is that he's spent loads of money. Well, let's face it, spending loads of money is something everybody could do if they had it. It's how you spend it and to say he's done a good job with that would be a little silly wouldn't it

If you had it, would you spend it all in a bottomless pit seemingly going no where?

1 minute ago, d-man said:

If he was thinking with a business head he would have tossed us to the wolves along time ago! That makes more business sense! More than pumping money into a seeming lost cause!

but he hasn’t he is sticking with it and losing money hand over fist, and what for to get abused for doing it!!

Trying way too hard with your fishing attempt.

Sober up.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

6 years of being badly let down by his advisors..and he’s got the same advisors advising him...the guy will never ever change the way he operates...why do so many of his fanboys fail to see this??

11 minutes ago, d-man said:

I don’t need luck, just telling the truth!

what has the guy done wrong pumped millions in to the club, been let down by some high profile managers, miss advised when it’s come to recruitment, spent to much and got in trouble!

What would be the alternative, spending no money, telling us nothing, not listening to the fans, I think sometimes it’s better the devil you know!

Thank you DC for reckless spending that led us into successive transfer embargo’s, a points deduction and not even owning our stadium anymore. 

lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marro said:

A sensible post.

Re the original post - If someone is badly advised for 6 years and still takes the same advice then what does that make them?  Foolish in my book.

His one down fall is he has unbound loyalty to people that are loyal to him! Sadly as we all know in this world leaches will appear to stick by you till all the blood has gone!

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Probably not. Only a complete idiot would do such a thing.

Get the point?

I don’t get your point actually!

do you get mine, maybe he has an affiliation to the club and really wants to succeed no matter what the cost!

and you as a Sheffield Wednesday fan wouldn’t do the same! 

maybe what he is saying isn’t so crazy after all!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

He turned us into this ‘lost cause’. 

🙄

So no one else could do a better job than him ?

Who would you want? A proper diligent business professional would only look and forecast how much money the club would make for them and how much profit they could get!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Doesn’t that make him a fool and not very business savvy? 

Or does it once again show his unbound loyalty! He should walk away! For the abuse to him and his family! But then what we would be proper screwed if he did that

1 minute ago, d-man said:

Or does it once again show his unbound loyalty! He should walk away! For the abuse to him and his family! But then what we would be proper screwed if he did that

Unbound loyal to his advisers and the structure within he runs the club is in my opinion and many others, doing more bad for the club than good. 

Where we are on and off the pitch reflects that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, d-man said:

Unbound loyalty to totally the wrong people mate....obviously i'm speaking as a customer...

6 minutes ago, d-man said:

I don’t get your point actually!

do you get mine, maybe he has an affiliation to the club and really wants to succeed no matter what the cost!

and you as a Sheffield Wednesday fan wouldn’t do the same! 

maybe what he is saying isn’t so crazy after all!!

Me as a Sheffield Wednesday fan?

No, I as a Sheffield Wednesday fan would be able to separate my love of the club from my business sense. 

Id see that my complete incompetence in my running of the club was in fact destroying both the success of the club aswell as my potential for returning on my investment. 

Rather than keep chucking money into a bottomless pit with no sight of anything improving I'd take a step back, use my money on employing people who know what they are doing and as a result hopefully see my and the club's fortunes turn around.

But like you say, maybe it's me whose crazy....

• Like 3

If DC had unbound loyalty to the fans or ‘customers’ everyone would have received their season ticket refund by now. He wouldn’t make digs at the fans in his press conferences. 

He would try and unite the fanbase and engage with them in a constructive manner, but he doesn’t and just drives further divisions in his media briefings. As the latest episode showed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, d-man said:

Who would you want? A proper diligent business professional would only look and forecast how much money the club would make for them and how much profit they could get!

It would be a massive improvement over what we have 

• Like 1