THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

Weird how we’re chasing players but don’t have a manager. Could potentially waste money yet again. I actually agree that the manager has no say in transfers after hearing that. 

what’s the point in signing 2/3 new players if the said new manager coming in doesn’t want to feature them, so we could have potentially signed 2/3 players suited to the manager instead and he can take responsibility if they do well or not. 

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You can own any business without knowing anything about it. You just employ somebody who does and let them get on with it. 

You will get a long way on here with that, you have rounded off the thread nicely. Bit like 2020! 

21 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You can own any business without knowing anything about it. You just employ somebody who does and let them get on with it. 

Yep 

Flash is not the sharpest tool in the box but his sentiment is on the right lines 

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri is daft, we all know that, but he's our daft lad...and only a daft lad would have bought us in the first place, anyway.

If we're fed up, think how he must feel after coughing up several hundred million pounds.

I bet the decision to buy us is something he bitterly regrets.

He tried, had the club's best interests at heart, and was extremely generous.

But for an injury to Hooper - dismal Dom Howson's "great leveller" - things may very well have been quite different.

Chansiri's main "fault" is loyalty - to managers and advisors who've had him round the corner.

He tried to apply Oriental values to a business which is rotten to the core.

He probably can't understand how fans chastise him after basically beggaring himself for us.

There aren't a queue of people wanting to take this club on, and fans' buyouts are IMO not an option.

The real fault for our plight lies with Dave Richards and co', who wouldn't sell out and modernize us when the moment was ripe back in the early 90s.

Dave had his eyes on a much bigger prize...

Like it or not, it's Chansiri or nothing so we may as well back him.

The alternative is worse.

I don't like gruel, but I prefer it to cow flop.

EE0CE59F-F2D0-4497-8A94-0401E5E72B1D.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri is daft, we all know that, but he's our daft lad...and only a daft lad would have bought us in the first place, anyway.

If we're fed up, think how he must feel after coughing up several hundred million pounds.

I bet the decision to buy us is something he bitterly regrets.

He tried, had the club's best interests at heart, and was extremely generous.

But for an injury to Hooper - dismal Dom Howson's "great leveller" - things may very well have been quite different.

Chansiri's main "fault" is loyalty - to managers and advisors who've had him round the corner.

He tried to apply Oriental values to a business which is rotten to the core.

He probably can't understand how fans chastise him after basically beggaring himself for us.

There aren't a queue of people wanting to take this club on, and fans' buyouts are IMO not an option.

The real fault for our plight lies with Dave Richards and co', who wouldn't sell out and modernize us when the moment was ripe back in the early 90s.

Dave had his eyes on a much bigger prize...

Like it or not, it's Chansiri or nothing so we may as well back him.

The alternative is worse.

I don't like gruel, but I prefer it to cow flop.

That’s almost as funny as the man himself this morning. 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re not wrong, but the point I was making was that fans don’t have to be included in the planning of the structure and strategy of a club. Clubs don’t hold constant meetings or publish fan news explaining their process. They simply have a decent manager and players that have a clear system and understanding of their roles 

The day to day and Behind the scenes stuff isn’t information we require 

I agree that it doesn't need to be information dripped out to the fans highlighting specifics within the philosophy.

But it is absolutely crucial, that the fans are on board and behind the strategy. 

Some methods won't wash with certain clubs or fanbases. I only read something yesterday about a Cardiff fan stating how they were "happy to let those lot down the road (Swansea) play all the tippy tappy stuff", so long as they played in a way that resonated with their own fans.

Likewise, I'm not sure a strategy like Barnsley's would wash with a club like ours. We naturally have a higher expectation because of the size of the club and the tradition (whether right or wrong!). And I'm not sure we'd accept continually selling our best players, at the risk of stagnating or suffering short term pain (relegation) for a sustainable financial footing.

Different clubs require different approaches. And that process needs an extensive amount of research to make the philosophies and the clubs align. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

*Sacks manager after just 45 days in the role*

I was thinking more of Carlito.

He was done the moment 'Udders wheeled away in celebration.

Lose two consecutive play-offs and you're done.

Chansiri said he'd rather Wednesday play in an empty stadium than sack him.

He got his way.

lol

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

i have some sympathy for the bloke ....he's come in with no idea how football works listened to crap advisors probably blown his money ,lost face with his successful family and showing  all the signs of a man under extreme pressure .....tough times for him .

You're taking a risk saying that.

You'll need a bigger helmet than mine TO.

lol

Once more, Chansiri illustrated his total lack of understanding of British, Yorkshire, Sheffield and most importantly of all, Wednesday culture, in his "rant" today.  I'm doubtful of his business acumen in any sphere, but having originally admitted knowing nothing of football, he has been badly advised over several years by stuffing boy and still doesn't appear to have learned any lessons from his multiple failures.

Why in heaven's name he can't understand, or refuses to accept that a proper management structure, based locally is necessary to make positive progress is beyond me.  Delegation, they say is the art of good management, but he seems incapable of this and seems to want to micro-manage every aspect of the club, which has resulted in fictitious sponsors, no proper advertising income and the executive boxes being largely empty for several seasons.  Professional and knowledgeable management would have surely brought additional income to the club from these sources, and would have assisted the financial bottom line.

Our only hope, I feel, is that an investor or consortium approaches him with a realistic offer, though what Chansiri may consider realistic is anybody's guess.

• Like 7

Agree with him on about 75% of things.

No doubt the players have sandbagged Pulis to get him out.

Give the job to Neil Thompson until the end of the season. Hope and pray that with some January signings we avoid the drop.

Sell the club to Red Bull in the summer.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FatRoySlim said:

This true supporter nonsense spouted by some so called wednesdayites is absolute rubbish. The chairman should be held to account and today's press conference is another one of many where he refuses to accept responsibility for his own mis management. Just because he threw a lot of money at it doesn't mean he's not accountable. Once again today we've had a clown show of epic proportion where the so called chairman has blamed the fans. You can spot it a mile off that Dejphon has no business acumen. He's dined out all his life on the back of the family business and thrown their money down the drain buying a football club without an ounce of knowledge of how to run it. I imagine Daddy's told him no more Bhat for you sunshine you've had enough. 

Football ownership is always a risky business. History would have told him that if he;'d done any due diligence. We've ended up like Blackburn did with the Venkys. With a clueless owner and no hope of improvement. 

Post of the day. Simple and accurate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Once more, Chansiri illustrated his total lack of understanding of British, Yorkshire, Sheffield and most importantly of all, Wednesday culture, in his "rant" today.  I'm doubtful of his business acumen in any sphere, but having originally admitted knowing nothing of football, he has been badly advised over several years by stuffing boy and still doesn't appear to have learned any lessons from his multiple failures.

Why in heaven's name he can't understand, or refuses to accept that a proper management structure, based locally is necessary to make positive progress is beyond me.  Delegation, they say is the art of good management, but he seems incapable of this and seems to want to micro-manage every aspect of the club, which has resulted in fictitious sponsors, no proper advertising income and the executive boxes being largely empty for several seasons.  Professional and knowledgeable management would have surely brought additional income to the club from these sources, and would have assisted the financial bottom line.

Our only hope, I feel, is that an investor or consortium approaches him with a realistic offer, though what Chansiri may consider realistic is anybody's guess.

Spot on. 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pretty much every cliche in the book

I do wonder if these fans who donate their money to the club realise that Chansiri probably spends that much on a single bottle of wine 

Working class blokes donating money to a billionaire

Amazing logic

If there wasn’t a football club in the middle of all of this you’d be right. But I would imagine most fans pay their money to see their club. 
Owners come and go, but the fans will keep paying (when COVID is well and truly over) their money. 

I just wonder why DC called the briefing, many of us thought there was going to be something new and there wasn't, apart from the Pulis saga (think he said too much) and the "defrocking" of our newest "shareholder" who, on the evidence of what I have seen, I wouldn't ask him for help in crossing the road.

You have to credit the man for pouring a big part of his fortune into our Club, for the improvements made inn the Academy and facilities at Middlewood Road, and for the big improvement in community support.  He also didn't let us down at Wembley, apart from Westwood, who saved us from a big defeat, the others, including the coach, share the blame for that.

He certainly can be criticised for the repeated bad choice in managers, over spending on certain players, allowing contracts to run down so that there is no re-sale value and delays in communicating with supporters and in the right spirit.

He also still obviously does not have the greatest command of our language and sometimes his intention is lost in translation.

For all that, unless we can find someone to stump up £100m plus (and remember that there were no local businesses willing to save us before Milan arrived on the scene) we shall have him for a while yet, hopefully, because the alternative is far worse for our Club.

• Like 1

This morning's outpouring is a prelude to some sort of endgame.

He said himself there's no money and was unsure about paying the players going forward.

He also said that they were working on getting players in.

From the sound of it Pulis has played him like a fiddle.. how long can all this realistically go on for?

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This morning's outpouring is a prelude to some sort of endgame.

He said himself there's no money and was unsure about paying the players going forward.

He also said that they were working on getting players in.

From the sound of it Pulis has played him like a fiddle.. how long can all this realistically go on for?

Well that's going to inspire confidence in the team

• Like 1