THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fans want to feel part of the club. Want to know what the strategy is. Want to see how we’re going to move forward.

These press conferences are just turning into DC going on the defensive and blaming others. It’s pointless.

I respect him hugely for speaking when his first language isn’t English - but it creates more divisions and problems than it causes. 

Got to the stage where we are just going around in circles and the chairman is becoming a joke in football circles, some managers who would have loved the job at one time will give us a wide berth now. 

• Like 2
Just now, Morepork said:

The "Shareholder" text has been deleted.

yep he did that yesterday after our fans attention was sent his way.  

Strange that one of his Instagram posts from last week was a pic of S6 with the quote “here to make Wednesday big again”.   Yet he’s been working with Chansiri for a year and is only an advisor.  

Maybe someone hacked the guys account 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You’re gonna need the biggest tin hat for this, an avalanche is coming your way 

I can’t be bothered. Happy New Year everyone. 🤐

Weird how we’re chasing players but don’t have a manager. Could potentially waste money yet again. I actually agree that the manager has no say in transfers after hearing that. 

what’s the point in signing 2/3 new players if the said new manager coming in doesn’t want to feature them, so we could have potentially signed 2/3 players suited to the manager instead and he can take responsibility if they do well or not. 

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You can own any business without knowing anything about it. You just employ somebody who does and let them get on with it. 

You will get a long way on here with that, you have rounded off the thread nicely. Bit like 2020! 

21 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You can own any business without knowing anything about it. You just employ somebody who does and let them get on with it. 

Yep 

Flash is not the sharpest tool in the box but his sentiment is on the right lines 

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri is daft, we all know that, but he's our daft lad...and only a daft lad would have bought us in the first place, anyway.

If we're fed up, think how he must feel after coughing up several hundred million pounds.

I bet the decision to buy us is something he bitterly regrets.

He tried, had the club's best interests at heart, and was extremely generous.

But for an injury to Hooper - dismal Dom Howson's "great leveller" - things may very well have been quite different.

Chansiri's main "fault" is loyalty - to managers and advisors who've had him round the corner.

He tried to apply Oriental values to a business which is rotten to the core.

He probably can't understand how fans chastise him after basically beggaring himself for us.

There aren't a queue of people wanting to take this club on, and fans' buyouts are IMO not an option.

The real fault for our plight lies with Dave Richards and co', who wouldn't sell out and modernize us when the moment was ripe back in the early 90s.

Dave had his eyes on a much bigger prize...

Like it or not, it's Chansiri or nothing so we may as well back him.

The alternative is worse.

I don't like gruel, but I prefer it to cow flop.

EE0CE59F-F2D0-4497-8A94-0401E5E72B1D.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri is daft, we all know that, but he's our daft lad...and only a daft lad would have bought us in the first place, anyway.

If we're fed up, think how he must feel after coughing up several hundred million pounds.

I bet the decision to buy us is something he bitterly regrets.

He tried, had the club's best interests at heart, and was extremely generous.

But for an injury to Hooper - dismal Dom Howson's "great leveller" - things may very well have been quite different.

Chansiri's main "fault" is loyalty - to managers and advisors who've had him round the corner.

He tried to apply Oriental values to a business which is rotten to the core.

He probably can't understand how fans chastise him after basically beggaring himself for us.

There aren't a queue of people wanting to take this club on, and fans' buyouts are IMO not an option.

The real fault for our plight lies with Dave Richards and co', who wouldn't sell out and modernize us when the moment was ripe back in the early 90s.

Dave had his eyes on a much bigger prize...

Like it or not, it's Chansiri or nothing so we may as well back him.

The alternative is worse.

I don't like gruel, but I prefer it to cow flop.

That’s almost as funny as the man himself this morning.