THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS BRIEFING ENDS

How did I do?

WAs that ok for you?

I've not managed to read the thread or let what he said sink in yet

thanks Neil for all your efforts, much appreciated. Can't be easy relaying it all. Go have your breakfast or a cuppa.

He’s a bit of a showman is Chansiri I’ll give him  that.  You almost have sympathy for him and then wham bam thank you mam - look at all the money I’ve lost.  Doesn’t get it at all and I doubt anything will change for the better until he is out of the club.  My opinion of him has not changed one iota.

7 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club

I actually had this said to my face by a previous Chairman outside the ground.

Well. Tnat was a well-wasted 45mins of my time. Could we as posgters, keep our gobs shut until the chap has finished. By all means , pull the chap to pieces, it's wht a forum is for. But for heavens sake, let the chap say his piece first.

As for 'out Chansiri', you have now got the opportunity. Simply put your money where your mouth is! And expect it to be near if not well into 10 figures.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Bit of groundhog Day stuff really. 

The Pulis stuff was explosive and I tend to believe Chansiri.

I accept cash flow issues, but he still fails to understand the fans concerns. Ok, there are some nobheads around, but a lot of the negativity he alludes to is meant to be constructive. It's reasonable to accept scrutiny in decision making.

He talked of philosophy, I genuinely have no idea what that is. He's been here 5 years and can't see any evidence. 

We can now debunk the myth that managers are responsible for recruiting players.

For all the talk of CEO's we know Paxo fulfills that role in all but title, drip feeding information to Chansiri. Until this situation is resolved, have zero confidence in the club progressing. 

I have some empathy with Chansiri on certain subjects, but causes a lot of critisism by his own actions. It still feels to me like he's playing at owning a football club and put his faith in an advisor who is immune from scrutiny, yet shown to be incompetent by the littany of bad decisions made since he took over. 

I'd prefer Chansiri to sell, he mentioned interest, but if he doesn't put a price on the club it's impossible to sell or attract investment. Whatever he's spent will be worth fizz all in a few months if we are relegated. 

That prospect is a very real possibility while he waits for a list of managers from Paxo, to play the list of players provided by Paxo....someone we are told is external to the club yet make every crucial decision it seems as 'chansiri's people'. 

If Chansiri wants to stay, he needs to take control, the advice he receives is inadequate. It's his investment and he who looks an idiot. The club needs leadership, proper leadership and if he can't or doesn't want to do that needs to name his price or accept that fans will become even more alienated.

I don't want to blame Chansiri, it's easy for him to accept accountability. I want him to run the club properly, so that the need to assign blame for bad decisions is mitigated. 

Not a positive day for me. Will wait to see what happens with the next Paxo chosen manager and hope that despite the two of them (Paxo and Chansiri) we can avoid relegation.

Aside from that, until there is a fundamental change is leadership, the club is just slowly regressing into anonymity and prolonged embarrassment.

Great post that.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Hang on, he's just offered to sell the club to the supporters. 

Or anyone else

1 minute ago, Marro said:

He’s a bit of a showman is Chansiri I’ll give him  that.  You almost have sympathy for him and then wham bam thank you mam - look at all the money I’ve lost.  Doesn’t get it at all and I doubt anything will change for the better until he is out of the club.  My opinion of him has not changed one iota.

Probably just confirmed what we all thought tbh no changes, nothing to see here

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

If his involvement was anything to do with anything other than our club,I would never darken his door or give him another penny.

take your stupid Elephants which should never have been put on the entrance to our ground and do one,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC on Monk / accepting blame

Do I take the blame for what?

*Explained around issues*

What I don’t pay, it’s a little bit less, that’s no different to other clubs. It is a delay, that’s it.

When we were good, everybody was happy and went together. When not, everybody’s responsibility on me.

The fans can blame me or not, that is not the big issue. I am the owner of this club, I use a lot of money and I want to do good for the club for sure. In football we cannot control like a normal business anyway.

In normal business I can jump in and fix it. I cannot.

The fans can blame me, it’s no issue.

I cannot blame myself. In business we can do good or bad, it is normal in business. Especially this club, the ones who can lose money is me, not the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie. The minority who say how bad I am. What are they doing for the club?

Are they going to help me? Maybe they don’t like me, that is fine. If I don’t like someone, I do not have to talk to that person.

Sometimes when we are good, they try to find something negativity.

“the fans who can buy a ticket for entertainment like buying a movie.”

He really doesn’t understand being a football fan does he

4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

And there we have it in a nutshell. He sees Sheffield Wednesday as a business. The fans see it as a passion.

He doesn't get it and he never will. So sad for my club.

You mean like the majority of all chairmen/owners? Or do you think they're all in it because they're massive fans of the clubs they own?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

PRESS BRIEFING ENDS

How did I do?

WAs that ok for you?

I've not managed to read the thread or let what he said sink in yet

Well done Neil. That was arduous and hardly entertaining. Appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1