80s style arcade machine for sale

Guest Grandad

I'd love a pinball machine.  I spent hours playing one in a hotel games room when I was a kid with my mate when we went to Lytham on holiday.  I must have thrown hundreds of pounds in to it over the years.  This one had a pull back launcher too and you could finesse it for extra points if you did a 3/4 pull back on the launch.  

There is no computer game, racing sim, flight sim or anything that I've found that comes close to giving me the buzz of smashing those bumper buttons.  There's something special about the physical nature of it.

• Like 2

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I'd love a pinball machine.  I spent hours playing one in a hotel games room when I was a kid with my mate when we went to Lytham on holiday.  I must have thrown hundreds of pounds in to it over the years.  This one had a pull back launcher too and you could finesse it for extra points if you did a 3/4 pull back on the launch.  

There is no computer game, racing sim, flight sim or anything that I've found that comes close to giving me the buzz of smashing those bumper buttons.  There's something special about the physical nature of it.

Yep, they are great. If you have the space get one! They aren't cheap though, you're looking a couple of grand for a decent vintage table. Modern tables can be several grand.

Follow @amu_cat on Twitter — Sheffield-based with a showroom on Walkley Lane.

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

And the cracking noise when you won a replay

Even on free play mine still does the noise. Still nearly have an heart attack when it happens. Even with the volumes turned right down it cracks out at full whack when you 'win' a replay. 😂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Yep, they are great. If you have the space get one! They aren't cheap though, you're looking a couple of grand for a decent vintage table. Modern tables can be several grand.

Follow @amu_cat on Twitter — Sheffield-based with a showroom on Walkley Lane.

Even on free play mine still does the noise. Still nearly have an heart attack when it happens. Even with the volumes turned right down it cracks out at full whack when you 'win' a replay. 😂

I considered one when we moved house but went for the table tennis table instead as the mrs (and mates) could play.  But we've gradually filled the room with crap so now we don't even play table tennis any more.

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Launch buttons were really common on 90's machines and largely replaced plungers.

And that's where you lose your first part of the skill of playing pinballs

Guest Bulgaria

How strange...

For Christmas I bought a cheap Chinese console with all the retro games on.... Been playing it for the last two days..... Only an hour ago I was saying how much I would love a table top one...

I am tempted....

Is that your best price Grandad?

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Not necessarily. The skill shot is just moved, really. It makes skill shots a bit harder if they are on a timer also.

Don't agree. Part of getting to know a machine was learning how to use the ball shot properly. Used to spend many a happy hour on the machines in the arcade under the ABC cinema. Still got some of the prizes I won somewhere

Guest Grandad
On 30/12/2020 at 18:40, Bulgaria said:

How strange...

For Christmas I bought a cheap Chinese console with all the retro games on.... Been playing it for the last two days..... Only an hour ago I was saying how much I would love a table top one...

I am tempted....

Is that your best price Grandad?

Hiya mate, only just seen this

Yes best price I'm afraid, not in a huge rush to sell (not as much as the Mrs is) - but as @Deejayone has already said, it is a great price

It's in as new condition and represents about £250 saving on the price from new, with no waiting required

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Hiya mate, only just seen this

Yes best price I'm afraid, not in a huge rush to sell (not as much as the Mrs is) - but as @Deejayone has already said, it is a great price

It's in as new condition and represents about £250 saving on the price from new, with no waiting required

More features and benefits needed.