Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

It is a bit of a head scratch as to how we ended up where we are. 

Wednesday remind me of the later Only Fools and Horses episodes, where they find that expensive watch, and come into millions. It doesn’t work out, and they end up buying their old flat back. 

No issues with this at all.  Fresh ideas hopefully .

I assume commercials are attached to outcomes - key ones for Wednesday are improved league positions and results , and of course becoming profitable.

Dave Allen in the latter regard was on point - we need to be profitable in the long run. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marro said:

Abramovich - an astute businessman, a winner

I'll agree with you regarding businessman and winner - answer me this though how much has Abramovich lost over the years with Chelsea?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddawkins/2020/01/07/billionaire-roman-abramovich-still-pumping-money-into-chelsea-despite-losing-love-for-london/?sh=3dbccb711065 have a read of this and it goes to show that football clubs are a money pit and although Chansiri has made very bad decisions he is by no means in the minority with this.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Matt goes on to name tajinder Somal might have spelt that wrong as his business partner? Think we should all wait and see how this pans out ? Takeover of some sorts is my guess? We’ll hope 😳

Nothing about him online so assuming you have spelt that wrong 

1 minute ago, ``` said:

I presume ALK have spent the last 24 hours chatting with random fans on Instagram, own several sex shops in Madrid and are based in Quahog?

image.png.407be8e77cc13b9055ddd9d5d6d6bfdf.png

Let's just wait and see what is ACTUALLY happening. We all are wanting Chansiri to get help in and then we he does just this he gets pilloried before ANYONE knows the details. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

No issues with this at all.  Fresh ideas hopefully .

I assume commercials are attached to outcomes - key ones for Wednesday are improved league positions and results , and of course becoming profitable.

Dave Allen in the latter regard was on point - we need to be profitable in the long run. 

Very much this. There is no club that can run unprofitable forever, no matter how rich your owner is. The day the owner decides that the supporting money can be spent elsewhere, you are screwed.

I can very much understand mediocre success if it means that the business itself keeps itself healthy and the community benefits from it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Aye.

We've become an empty shell of our former selves, tangled in a web of businesses both real and dormant that don't actually do anything or produce anything, with characters who have no background in anything other than a web of businesses both real and dormant, most notably acting as middlemen for others in football (and face masks FFS!), who would still have been able to conclude business without them.

We've sold our soul, very much like Chelsea and Man City.  We've won fizz all,  very much unlike Chelsea and Man City.

Did we still have our soul when we owned by Milan? Or when we were saved by the Co-op? Or when we blew millions trying to be a Premier League contender?

Don't get me wrong I think DC is a conplete nightmare and I won't relax until we're safely out of his hands (even if it's via administration) but let's not over-romanticise what we were before we. We were still a business, and one that has never really been very well run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ``` said:

I presume ALK have spent the last 24 hours chatting with random fans on Instagram, own several sex shops in Madrid and are based in Quahog?

The ‘facts’ you are stating come from folk who told us yesterday he also didn’t own his own home as he lives with Homer Simpson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I'll agree with you regarding businessman and winner - answer me this though how much has Abramovich lost over the years with Chelsea?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddawkins/2020/01/07/billionaire-roman-abramovich-still-pumping-money-into-chelsea-despite-losing-love-for-london/?sh=3dbccb711065 have a read of this and it goes to show that football clubs are a money pit and although Chansiri has made very bad decisions he is by no means in the minority with this.

Owning a football club is a money pit these days no question.  If you don’t know what you are getting into when you buy/invest in a football club then you are foolish.

My beef with Chansiri is how the Club has been run and fans treated.  Effectively getting rid of Pay on the Gate, some of the highest ticket prices in the Championship  for a substandard product, the terrible ideas of 10 year season tickets,  the comic handling of our 150th anniversary (which should have been a special celebration), politicising football by forcing us to pay tribute to the  Thai King, the elephants. the kit fiasco, plastering Chansiri across the shirts and throughout the ground, creating phantom companies, alienating local businesses, failure to obtain proper sponsorship and genuine commercial partners, failure to put in place ‘infrastructure’  so that the club can develop and have a chance of being successful in the future, disrespecting the fans and traditions of the club, the arrogance of the man and the expectation we should be grateful because he has spent more on the club than anyone ever has or ever will.  The list of complaints goes on but I will stop there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1