Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

If you're reading this pal, I just hope and pray that you are competent,  well funded and have the best interests of the club at the very centre of everything you do here. If you hadn't noticed, we're in last chance saloon. 

And a sense of humour. Please have one of those. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ps he's reading this thread

Just so you know 

Then he’ll know that the failures & mismanagement of the last few seasons have left the fanbase distrusting decisions made by the owner & somewhat reticent to jump on the bandwagon of new involvement in the club. We’ve had a lot of words in the past, it’s actions that will bring us on board.

• Like 3

Going against the grain here... I don't think spending money is the way forward.  We've tried that, a couple of times, and it normally ends up with us being massively in debt.

Sort out the infrastructure, the academy, the scouting, the staff.  Have a strategy on recruitment.

Maybe even pay the players.

We'll be fine.

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, enigmamedusa said:

Going against the grain here... I don't think spending money is the way forward.  We've tried that, a couple of times, and it normally ends up with us being massively in debt.

Sort out the infrastructure, the academy, the scouting, the staff.  Have a strategy on recruitment.

We'll be fine.

I agree we shouldn’t bankrupt the club and gamble on older players on big wages. But we need quality players to progress and it takes serious money at this level.. can’t do this on a shoestring and expect to get anywhere near challenging for promotion 

27 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Is that a serious question? Firstly, give me one example of DC making a good judgement call? One that could lead you to having even the tiniest shred of confidence about this one....anything?

He won't get help or advice from this source, but we'll only know that as fact when its too late.

Exactly, I have to agree with this. Have we not learnt anything from previous times? Maybe its pessimistic to some but for me, been a Wednesday fan, with Chansiri its too expect the unexpected and prepare for another wave of problems.

Its like this interview he's giving tomorrow, I will not be surprised if most of us at the end are saying "Well that was a complete waste of time"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, enigmamedusa said:

We'll be fine.

Don’t be silly, that would be sensible! 

1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Having heard Alonso has reached out to certain fans directly without being prompted is very, very strange 

It's called research, knowing what you're dealing with, getting a heads up etc.

My last check when recruiting was a social media search, surprising what you find out.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thats word for word what he’s saying to fans in the chats he’s having with them

What other key points is he saying Neil. I'm genuinely interested mate. I'm not on Instagram or whatever it is.