• Harris
    • Bannan
    • Windass
    • Shaw
    • Paterson
    • Brown
    • Penney

Gave it to Shaw.

Didn't get everything right but scored a crucial goal and played with confidence and full effort. Well deserved.

Big praise for Thompson too. I can't imagine we would have been so positive in the first half under Pulis, nothing in the previous 10 games to suggest he would suddenly try and take the game to Middlesbrough. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Westwood - 8 

Odubajo - 7

Lees - 7

Dunkley - 8 

Palmer - 6 

Harris - 7

Joey - 5

Shaw - 9 MOM

Bannan - 7

Windass - 7.5

Patterson -8

Very harsh on JP there pal. I thought he was very good 1st half, broke up a lot of their attacks, used the ball well 7.5/10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bakewell Owl said:

brilliant for Shaw, a night he will never forget, Dunkley was excellent, but I went for Moses, his high five and some earlier dodgy appearances cant be brushed under the carpet, but i though tonight he never shirked and played his socks off

You must have been watching a different game. Out of position on many occasions. Just can't defend how many times did Lees end up at RB covering him? 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I think there is something special about scoring a winning goal for the club you support as a boy and have played for since a child. Even more so after the last couple of days. 
It doesn’t happen very often. It one of the few genuinely magical things left in a sport ruined (IMO) by money..

No don’t get me wrong, I agree that it’s special for him. My point is that it should have nothing to do with him getting MOM.

Guest Willow Owl
31 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

For all those giving Pelupessy the "We can't stand him score" 

Screenshot_20201229-232712_Twitter.jpg

Thought he had a good game tonight and has been one of our better players for the last few games. 
Can’t believe someone in an earlier post gave him a 5. 

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No don’t get me wrong, I agree that it’s special for him. My point is that it should have nothing to do with him getting MOM.

Ahh I see. Then don’t vote for him as man of the match. 
I did think it had something to do with him being man of the match. Which is why I voted for him. He played well, and scored and I felt sentimental on top. 
Please please never tell me or anyone else how, why or who they should vote for as man of the match. 
If I want to vote for Joey Pelupessy because he has a neat hair do, or Kachunga because I  his name or Brown to be the only one who does then I will. As should anyone else. 
There are no rules to this. And when I read someone write something like ‘it should have nothing to do with’ how I vote on anything they can frankly poke it!

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Ahh I see. Then don’t vote for him as man of the match. 
I did think it had something to do with him being man of the match. Which is why I voted for him. He played well, and scored and I felt sentimental on top. 
Please please never tell me or anyone else how, why or who they should vote for as man of the match. 
If I want to vote for Joey Pelupessy because he has a neat hair do, or Kachunga because I  his name or Brown to be the only one who does then I will. As should anyone else. 
There are no rules to this. And when I read someone write something like ‘it should have nothing to do with’ how I vote on anything they can frankly poke it!

Don’t get your knickers in a twist. Personally just not into this ‘one of our own nonsense’. Shaw was excellent first half but poor in the second. If you want to give him an extra point for that I find it silly but of course that’s your choice. I don’t remember actually telling you you can’t vote for him...

10 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Don’t get your knickers in a twist. Personally just not into this ‘one of our own nonsense’. Shaw was excellent first half but poor in the second. If you want to give him an extra point for that I find it silly but of course that’s your choice. I don’t remember actually telling you you can’t vote for him...

Read your original posts out loud to yourself. Focus on the bit where you say what should and shouldn’t influence how someone votes. That’s what telling someone how to vote is. You didn’t say I can’t but you said something that did influence me shouldn’t have. 
My knickers remain untwisted. I just decided to take extra time to point out what you were doing. I don’t expect you to change your mind but I feel obligated to point it out.