• Dunkley
    • Harris
    • Bannan
    • Windass
    • Shaw
    • Paterson
    • Brown
    • Penney

Shaw was excellent and at last we had a midfield player joining in the box - and guess what happens- yes we score! 
Dunkley was superb - great challenge late on and he looks a really influential character.
And having Westwood in goal just feels so much better - even his slow timing is well done.

The Ref was good tonight too - thought we got some 50/50 decisions go our way towards the end and amazed when he blew up 5 seconds before the 4 mins was up. Can we have him every week 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yorksowl said:

Theres far worse players in that starting 11. He ran is nuts off tonight, nothing spectacular but at least he put a shift in. Awful, nah.

Followed it on Bet365 and for the time Brown was on it kept going to him and then immediately to the opposition. No doubt brought on to hold the ball up and alleviate pressure but seemingly did nothing. Correct assessment?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Excellent first half but awful in the second. Overall I’m thrilled with the 3 points.

Westwood 7 no surprise we’re winning games since he returned 

Odubajo 6 stuck to his task but he struggled a bit tonight

Lees 8 outstanding. Got beat once all game. Seems to have improved in the air too

Dunkley 8 MOM I love this guy. Infectious personality and can play. A true leader

Palmer 8 excellent assist and goal one clearance

Harris 6 quiet. Works harder than Reach but isn’t as talented 

Pelupessy 5 he’s a bit crap

Bannan 7 better and excellent ball for the Shaw goal

Shaw 7 excellent first half and a good finish. Poor in the second and should have been replaced 

Windass 6 missed a chance. Closed down well

Paterson 7 brilliant goal. Couldn’t believe the touch. Awful defending for their goal

Brown 3 please send him back. He doesn’t give a monkeys

Penney 2 the less said the better. He’s poor, especially in midfield 

Well done to Thompson for playing two up front but his substitutions almost cost us the game.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Shaw scored his first goal for his boyhood club that won us the game after the most fudged up couple of days in the clubs history. 
He is MOM. 

What does playing for his boyhood club have to do with it? Just asking 

Westwood , 7, did what he had to do well. He commands his area much better than the other keepers.

Lees, 7, had a good game, got done on the outside a few times second half. Other than that he was very solid.

Dunkley, 8, MOM,  Commanding performance, organiser, shouts and a battler. Please make him captain.

Palmer, 7.5, Played well, a few shaky moments in defence but he's not a CB, That was an inch perfect ball and quick thinking for the first goal, I wanted to give him an 8 just for that sublime pass (but I won't).

Odubajo, 8, Had a great game, probably his best so far, he gets better each game. His defending usually gives me the sweats but not tonight.

Shaw, , 8, so close to MoM, well taken goal and he was all over the pitch, getting a foot in. Didn't get the accolades because of to many wayward passes in the first half. (I'm being picky.)

Bannan, 7,Not his best night, worked hard but he was poor defensively. would have been a 6 but the great ball for the second goal got him an extra point.

Pelupessy,7, Would have been 8 but for a few times where he completely miskicked the ball. Worked his nads off, in their faces all night. I know he's limited but what he does, he does very well.

Harris, 7, Defended well, really well, great runs to relieve pressure, put some half decent balls in, not great balls but better than usual.

Paterson, 7, worked hard, did really well for his goal and at times looked like a striker. One nice run and flick at the near post that almost caught the keeper out. I've been a big critic of his, not tonight, he did well.

Windass,8, Ran himself into the ground, really deserved a goal. I know he's not a CF but he does his best.

Brown, I won't embarrass him by giving a rating. Offers nothing without the ball, we got cut open time and time again with him ball watching. I can see why Pulis didn't trust him, shame because he can make things happen when he has the ball.

Penney, not on long enough, looked lost but that's understandable, hard to get into a frenetic game so late.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
21 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dunckley for me. But shaw was just behind. Thompsons barmy army 

Nice spelling and grammar there mate!! lol

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

What does playing for his boyhood club have to do with it? Just asking 

I think there is something special about scoring a winning goal for the club you support as a boy and have played for since a child. Even more so after the last couple of days. 
It doesn’t happen very often. It one of the few genuinely magical things left in a sport ruined (IMO) by money..

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

I thought Brown did very well at .......playing statues. At times it looked as though he was a remote control figure. Stood about until someone reaslised you had to press the button to get him going. Dreadful footballer. 

He really isn't a dreadful footballer but I can understand why you said that, He looked bad tonight. I slagged him off loads in the OMDT.

He's the type of player who should play as an attacking midfielder, skillful and makes things happen, chasing around winning the ball isn't his thing. He's a bit of a luxury considering the way we play. Put him in a good side and you would see a different izzy Brown.

I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go back to Chelsea.

• Like 1