Is that so much to ask for?

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

Hard work, togetherness, and some ambition to get forward. 

That first half, it gave us something to hold. The second half we did sit back, as usual, but we had something to sit back on. There's absolutely no point sitting back for 90 mins to defend a 0-0 and praying to the gods for a gift of a goal. 

That's all we want, nothing more. Work hard, and try to win the match. Nothing more.

It's not rocket science!

We can all sit here and moan about Chansiri, but it was probably the right decision to get rid of Pulis, even the caretaker manager was more ambitious tonight then Pulis' ever was and it paid off.

We just need to add more quality and I think we'd survive! 

• Love 1

Agreed, but the solidity didn't seem to be there 2nd half. Oddjob and Bannan/Pessy got caught out needlessly a few times leaving us exposed, luckily they didn't have the quality to equalise.

At least we got a lead for once, but we need to be better at holding out 2nd half.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Yes totally agree with OP. I don’t think these players are as bad as some make out. Yes we rode our luck at times but we got players forward, gave it a go and got rewarded for it. 

Think it probably has more to do with the balance of the squad. Add a couple up front, and get a manager who will let them play

• Thanks 1

Have to say I thought maybe left it a little late but the subs were spot on. Brown just isn’t a replacement for a defensive midfield but shift him up front as the fresher lone striker and it works. Needed Penney on and tightened up midfield. After that they were reduced to long balls ...and with Lees and Dunkley and Westwood the fear and panic from long high balls seems to have gone. And we had players getting into the box!!’ 

Well done caretaker manager 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Hard work, togetherness, and some ambition to get forward. 

That first half, it gave us something to hold. The second half we did sit back, as usual, but we had something to sit back on. There's absolutely no point sitting back for 90 mins to defend a 0-0 and praying to the gods for a gift of a goal. 

That's all we want, nothing more. Work hard, and try to win the match. Nothing more.

Can’t fault it 

but if belief and confidence and these players can create and hurt teams both assists was great again 

you’ve got to force the chances and so many times we’ve sat back and offered nothing 

I understood the tactics with the limited squad 

but this patched up broken team gave an inform much rested middlesborough a game tonight and deserved the win

couple of players in and more of that attitude and we will be ok 

Christ knows where it leaves us long term though still screwed is my guess 

If there’s anything chansiri has showed a is his pig ignorance and ego to not change listen or he challenged 

it’s time he set a budget a vision and employs a football CEO who allows a manager to set up the football infrastructure failing that I’m resigned to think even I DOF would improve this but chansiri is too much of a control freek 

the sooner he losers these advisors the better 

but tonight we’ll played boys 

• Thanks 1