Sheffield Wednesday -V- Middlesbrough OMDT -

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

The stench of demotion hangs over us like flies round a rotten corpse. 

Defeat today, defeat tomorrow and defeat after defeat until our record low second half of season points total sees us sink into the third tier where we will remain forevermore. 

or we’ll win. I dunno. It’s Wednesday innit. Owt can happen. 

The third tier is far from the bottom of the pyramid. We will sink much lower than the third tier. There is absolutely NO chance of getting on an upward path until DC has gone. There’s no coming back from this. As private Fraser would say “ We’re Doomed”.

6 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Tonight's reaction from the players eh!! I dunno what to expect. Put more into it because they're glad he's gone or embarrassed of their performances. Reach may smile if he scores, they may be more upbeat.. Tells a story 

Hasn't Reach got a hamstring injury?

Guest domSWFC

I just hope tonight we have an understandable formation. 

Put a goalkeeper in goal.

A full backs at full backs. 

Wingers on the wings.

Centre mids, in the centre of midfield.

Strikers up front. 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

That's the crux, money. No doubt agreements are being discussed in advance.

I think there is no way on earth if schools etc etc are forced to close football will carry on regardless, political suicide..not all are football fans.

It was said 15 clubs in the efl asked players to take a large temp pay cut..a few said no..though which clubs, they didn't say.

Even the mighty arsenal have pay cuts in place..if the worse happens..no doubt many others have.

The government will / may bail some of the smaller clubs out..

No way on earth will they bail larger clubs out, none in the prem..prob not many in the championship either..

its only the sky/bt money etc whats stopping the inevitable of clubs going bust , even if (now looking impossible) football was back to normal by 1st march clubs would still go to the wall , as next season like us most season ticket money will be used on next seasons . there is no reason on health grounds to stop football been played just because some players with no symptoms have to isolate for 14days . although this is going to cause chaos with fixtures. we could get to may 1st with 1 game left and rotherham 5 left with them needing say 4 points to stop up .