• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

Westwood

Palmer.   Lees.       Dunkley.    Penney

Pelupessy   Bannan

Windass.        Brown.         Kachunga 

Rhodes

Thats what I’d like to see tonight

See that's a fantastic looking lineup and one that Pulis could have easily employed

Good call

I'm up for seeing this

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

A very good afternoon to you all, especially mi’lud whose words are particularly well chosen in refocusing our attention on the task at hand during an afternoon when it’s so easy to focus on events away from the pitch.

I can see the logic of those predicting a win, our squad does have a tendency to deliver an “up yours” performance in yours performance.

Unfortunately my memories of a trip to Boro in similar circumstances just after Christmas (think it was 2015) leave me rather less bullish - we’d played on Boxing Day, their game had been postponed and so they were far fresher which basically scuppered our otherwise decent chances of getting a result. We conceded inside the first minute, I thought we were heading for a cricket score but perhaps even more frustratingly we battled gamely for the remainder of the game and no more goals were scored.

I suppose the only way we could avoid that here is if Thompson makes some sweeping changes to the team - could the likes of Penney, Brown, Hunt or Kachunga come into the starting XI and make the difference for us? It’s plausible, Thompson will know the younger lads’ capabilities well from his time working with the U23s.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!

Boro 3-0 Wednesday

(Assombalonga 10, Wing 19, Saville 70)

13 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

I was trying to be slightly optimistic , Bannan , dunkley  seems quite capable at this level . Certainly not many others 

Sorry mate, I wasn't having a dig, I was just wondering which guys you thought. Our defence doesn't seem that bad, the other other end of the pitch seems poor.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

See that's a fantastic looking lineup and one that Pulis could have easily employed

Good call

I'm up for seeing this

Dunt matter which 11 we put out tonight or in which formation we propose on paper, out sower of under perfoming players have to play on grass, and against opposition too.

Boro will muscle us out of the game in midfield like what usually happens.

Think it's very very important we get at least 4pts from the next 2 games, besides the obvious reasons.

I believe football will be suspended in early January..when covid christmas infections go massive.

They may suspend for a month and hope to resume but there is a real possibility the season will be cut short, if so PPG will come into play and will be used to determine league positions.

There are already noises from some scientists to halt football now.

If it does happen even 4 points might not be enough...caution to the wind if I were manager..

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Have we ever beaten a Colin team? If so when? 

Looking forward to a win tonight having played scintillating football that is easy on the eye. From what I'm told the only reason we've been crap this last 10 games is pulis so it stands to reason that now he's gone we'll be like the 2nd coming of Brazil and Barcelona in their pomp. Anyone could do a better job so im assuming tonight they will. 

Proper can't wait. 

Yes.  Not that long ago I think.  Wasn't it Cardiff?  

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Think it's very very important we get at least 4pts from the next 2 games, besides the obvious reasons.

I believe football will be suspended in early January..when covid christmas infections go massive.

They may suspend for a month and hope to resume but there is a real possibility the season will be cut short, if so PPG will come into play and will be used to determine league positions.

There are already noises from some scientists to halt football now.

If it does happen even 4 points might not be enough...caution to the wind if I were manager..

i wouldn`t rule anything out , but if football stopped its curtains as sky bt etc would want paying back a huge amount . no club would survive , only thing im shocked about is clubs are not already folding like a pack of cards . 

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well.  

How typically Chansiri era Wednesday.

The bells about to toll midnight and I receive the text missive that Pullis has been sacked. Sacked!  The night before a game! 

It's at this stage where I'd normally say "You couldn't make it up"

But of course that simply isn't true, because that is exactly what Wednesday have done for the past 4 years. Made it up as they've gone along.

And now we're all paying the price. And when I say all I mean of course; us...the merry band of supporters who are always here to pick up the pieces when the sh*t hits the fan.

image.png.bc1477cfd44d7c8275e38e13ab74861b.png

It's one cluster feck after another. We flail around like a has been washed up boxer trying to stay on his feet after a first round annihilation so the mafia don't bump him off if he doesn't make the 3rd round and their bets go down the swanny...

THIS CLUB!!

The great old club.

One of the longest standing and finest institutions in football. 

Of this City.

Facing the wall.

Facing obscurity.

Facing...Good God, the end?

Melodramatic ? 

Perhaps. Football is an emotional game and our emotions have been set to their nerve ending limits. Anger, rage, desolation, despair. 

It's got to end; IT HAS TO END.... or this club....My club, our club could be gone.

I've stuck up for the man. Against my better judgement "He needs help" I've muttered "If he'd only take advice, proper advice from people who know football"

But the only advice has been coming from... 

...I'll not say where it's come from because I respect olf Hargreaves I don't want to get his site shut down. But we know. 

WE ALL KNOW

And some twisted sense of pride and and honour means that advice, proper advice hasn't been taken. And if we're all honest , never will be. 

Howard. Dear Howard offered to be a football voice. Not for any gain. Not for monetary gain. But just a football voice to help guide people who don't know through the rough shark infested waters of professional football.

He was batted away. While the sharks breached the ship....and actually took the wheel.  

I cling to the hope that we can make it till the end of the season. That we can stay in this division. The 3rd is unthinkable.

What would happen to us is unthinkable. 

The football almost takes a back seat to the other rubbish that's going on.

But football it the root. Football is the very foundation that it is all build. Football is the constant. 

I hope we win today. Not for Chansiri. Not because it's Warnock. 

But because it's SHEFFIELD F*CKING WEDENESDAY and we need to win today. And loads more after. We cannot go down. 

The inept owners won't know what's hit them in the 3rd division. 

And I do says Owners and not owner.

We need to stay up so we're more attractive to people who can come in and run a football club properly. With football people. 

FFS

-----------------------------------------------------------------

WEDNESDAY

V's

MIDDLESBROUGH

image.png.780557cc2886198506f4d4bfa6349886.png

Sky Bet Championship

Saturday 29th December 2020

kick Off 7:45pm

Hillsborough

image.png.ec62a1a684930cc8f99abb2a1abc754a.png

PRE-AMBLE

Pulis's men , or rather Pulis ex-men, put in a gritty display away to Blackburn and led courtesy of a goal from former Boro man Adam Reach, but it was not enough to secure the win after an equaliser came 14 minutes from time to make sure the spoils were shared.

Wednesday still have work to do to break out of the relegation places and are three points adrift of safety, with sides around them - such as Derby County - starting to find form. Wednesday have won just once since Pulis took charge in November, and have only secured two home wins in 11 games - something that Pulis will be keen to put right as soon as possible.

For all the work Pulis will have undoubtedly done on team shape on the training ground, his side have recorded just two clean sheets from his 10 matches at the helm, and will now face a side who scored four in their last away game.

Not that any of that matters now as this lunatic club stumbles into match day having sacked the manager just short of midnight. FFS

-----------------------------------------------

Boro overcame a lacklustre Birmingham City in their last match, having come from behind to run out 4-1 winners in a dominant display that temporarily lifted Boro back into the playoff places.

Neil Warnock's side scored four goals away from home for the first time since 2014, when they won away to Millwall, under the manager who was on the receiving end of this 4-1 drubbing, Aitor Karanka.

Before their Boxing Day postponement, Boro had played nine times in 29 days, a relentless run of games that have fallen on Saturdays and Wednesdays for four straight weeks.

Warnock - who is currently navigating his 41st season in management - has seen it all before, of course, and revealed that his team are not currently training between games, and instead focusing on recovery and tactics.

Warnock's approach seems to be working for Boro, who have scored eight goals in their last three, conceding only one, and they now face a side who are finding clean sheets hard to come by, followed by another team who sit in the relegation zone in Wycombe Wanderers.

Team News

Wednesday defender Joost van Aken  will miss the Owls' meeting with Boro. Adam Reach suffered a hamstring injury at Ewood Park. Matt Penney could be recalled for a left hand birth.

image.png.5c7a2265f0d99cb174e73c333e096da1.png

Sheffield Wednesday possible:
Westwood

Odubajo      Dunkley   Lees   Palmer 

Bannan   Pelupessy  Brown  Penney

Paterson  Windass

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Boro's Britt Assombalonga was back to scoring ways last time out and could keep his place ahead of Chuba 

Warnock will assess the recovery of Johnny Howson as he looks to overcome a hamstring injury. If deemed fit, Lewis Wing could make way despite scoring a brace against Birmingham.

Marcus Browne also returned to training in recent weeks and could be named among the substitutes.

image.png.76da078a42469a35f34ead170c69ba61.png

Middlesbrough possible :
Bettinelli

Dijksteel   Fry   McNair  Bola

Wing   Saville   Morsy    Johnson  Watmore

Assombalonga

----------------------------------------------------

FORM GUIDE

Wednesday  form: L L D

Middlesbrough  form:  L L W W W

----------------------------

Today I'll be urging our boys on. More than ever this season.

They might not be who we wanted. Wouldn't have been my targets. Wouldn't have been yours no doubt. 

But they are ours. And they are out there in our proud blue and white striped shirts playing for OUR club. They're our boys. And I'll support them to the hilt. Not their fault the machinations behind the scenes, the engineering .  Not their fault they aren't being paid to play... so I'll be backing them just more people caught up in this clusterfck. 

COME ON

THE

WEDNESDAY

BOYS

Thanks Snoots another great read

‘This club, our club my club’

’BECAUSE ITS SHEFFIELD F*CKING WEDNESDAY’

Words echoed by myself and hopefully all Wednesdayites,  WTID 

UTO 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, morganowl said:

i wouldn`t rule anything out , but if football stopped its curtains as sky bt etc would want paying back a huge amount . no club would survive , only thing im shocked about is clubs are not already folding like a pack of cards . 

That's the crux, money. No doubt agreements are being discussed in advance.

I think there is no way on earth if schools etc etc are forced to close football will carry on regardless, political suicide..not all are football fans.

It was said 15 clubs in the efl asked players to take a large temp pay cut..a few said no..though which clubs, they didn't say.

Even the mighty arsenal have pay cuts in place..if the worse happens..no doubt many others have.

The government will / may bail some of the smaller clubs out..

No way on earth will they bail larger clubs out, none in the prem..prob not many in the championship either..

• Like 1