Nixon - players wages are in the country

3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

But it's not the first in payment from the same source....or is it?

The hold up could have been the other end. D.C. may have encountered issues trying to send the money

I can’t imagine getting large amounts of cash out of Asia is simple 

Although I’d have thought we’d have known how much cash was needed to cover 6 months wages and would have transferred sufficient to cover that eventuality 

56 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

That explains why we are the only club not paying the players and every other club in the professional game is paying their players. 

How many clubs have forced players to defer large parts of their salaries this season? How many have sacked non-playing staff? Something we haven't done. 

• Like 5

Heard from a very reliable source that Brexit was a problem in the transfer of the money. However, although it’s now back on track there has been a problem that might create a longer delay ...

70E8E848-2FBC-481F-87D9-CCC53B6679BB.jpeg.58e4dc15b669b097e5c223daa304010b.jpeg

09BE453C-DF81-498C-AA34-0E8A2CACAB80.jpeg.dff5bf40795efed59ea93b4781bc9d78.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

I would guess that it isn't a case of instantly transferring money from a bank at the far side of the world to someones bank account. 

More likely to be having to release assets from either another company or an investment, and then transferring that into either a personal or business bank account before it can be transferred into this country.

The money is supposedly in this country. I've heard all these stories before. The cheque is in the post etc. It's either in the players account or it is still owed to them, there is no middle ground.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, prowl said:

The money is supposedly in this country. I've heard all these stories before. The cheque is in the post etc. It's either in the players account or it is still owed to them, there is no middle ground.

I agree they’ve either been paid or not been paid, but my point was it isn’t as easy as just transferring from one account to another 

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's in the country.

It's in the facking country!

What in the name of Waddle is going on here!

Never mind country, you’d hope it’s in a bank account that services SWFC payroll.

Who is this Nixon bloke, seems to either speak in riddles or only know half of what’s going on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, New Maple Staple said:

When you're dealing with large sums of money, even one day's worth of interest is a substantial amount. Most rich people have a diverse portfolio of assets and only keep a percentage as liquid. Will take time and cost a certain amount of money to transfer over/convert. Not as simple or as easy as having everything in a Post Office account. 

Not sure where the account is held but UK banks are paying peanuts per annum in interest, divided by 365 that becomes a nominal amount.

A well run, audited, business will ensure wages are paid on time on a monthly basis.

On 29/12/2020 at 11:04, bigash_swfc said:

Plot twist, there is money to spend. 

Pulis hasn't done well enough to be trusted to spend anything.

More chansiri family showing interest in SWFC

Don't want to toot my own horn but I got the nail on the head.

Losing against Rotherham, Wycombe and Luton, 2 of those games at home.