Nixon - players wages are in the country

54 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

That’s the most plausible explanation 

Large international money transfer into British bank will cause money laundering alarm bells and additional regulatory checks

Still doesn’t excuse the lack of forward planning by the owner to ensure sufficient cash was in the club to pay the wages

But it's not the first in payment from the same source....or is it?

If I were a member of the playing staff at Wednesday I would spend 99% of my time on the phone to my agent trying to force a move, not prepping for the next game.

Shambles

We are gonna get tanked by Colin's boys tonight, he will make a point of rubbing our noses in it.

• Like 2

When you're dealing with large sums of money, even one day's worth of interest is a substantial amount. Most rich people have a diverse portfolio of assets and only keep a percentage as liquid. Will take time and cost a certain amount of money to transfer over/convert. Not as simple or as easy as having everything in a Post Office account. 

1 hour ago, New Maple Staple said:

When you're dealing with large sums of money, even one day's worth of interest is a substantial amount. Most rich people have a diverse portfolio of assets and only keep a percentage as liquid. Will take time and cost a certain amount of money to transfer over/convert. Not as simple or as easy as having everything in a Post Office account. 

That explains why we are the only club not paying the players and every other club in the professional game is paying their players. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's in the country.

It's in the facking country!

What in the name of Waddle is going on here!

It's not like the olden days where the money for the wages was brought round in physical cash. These days it can be instantly transferred from a bank at the far side of the world direct to someones bank account.

'It's in the country' is just another complete nonsense. The players have been paid in full or they haven't. There is no half way house.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not like the olden days where the money for the wages was brought round in physical cash. These days it can be instantly transferred from a bank at the far side of the world direct to someones bank account.

'It's in the country' is just another complete nonsense. The players have been paid in full or they haven't. There is no half way house.

*D-taxi pulls up outside Windass' house. Driver gets out with a sack cloth full of old 50p's*

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

I would guess that it isn't a case of instantly transferring money from a bank at the far side of the world to someones bank account. 

More likely to be having to release assets from either another company or an investment, and then transferring that into either a personal or business bank account before it can be transferred into this country.

Just now, Hookowl said:

I would guess that it isn't a case of instantly transferring money from a bank at the far side of the world to someones bank account. 

More likely to be having to release assets from either another company or an investment, and then transferring that into either a personal or business bank account before it can be transferred into this country.

Which is fine

But if you fail to do this on time repeatedly, time after time after time you'd surely start the process a month earlier to make sure it arrives on time next time?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Which is fine

But if you fail to do this on time repeatedly, time after time after time you'd surely start the process a month earlier to make sure it arrives on time next time?

I'm not saying it's right mate, just really replying to the post referring instantly transferring money and saying it may not be that easy.

I doubt many millionaire business men have large cash assets in their bank accounts. It doesn't make money that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I'm not saying it's right mate, just really replying to the post referring instantly transferring money and saying it may not be that easy.

I doubt many millionaire business men have large cash assets in their bank accounts. It doesn't make money that way.

Yeah totally 

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, prowl said:

Might not be that simple to transfer a couple of million quid internationally.... sure that it was delayed last time I tried.🤥