Nixon - players wages are in the country

1 minute ago, Gerinako said:

It's what I'd hope any Journalist would do

Maybe my expectations are too high but he's too defensive when people point out how he's wrong and paints too rosy a picture of what's happening at the club

He makes a living from writing about transfer rumours

Why would he do a full depth expose on the shambles that stems from the owner at Wednesday 

The local journos should do more

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Journalists aren't all investigative journalists though

That's not how it works

The other point is why would a national investigative journalist who's job it is to dig and unearth stuff in the world care about Sheffield Wednesday's story?

We're stuck in an inbetween area really so not expecting anything like this to happen

Fair point 

I just find it infuriating how he defends his point of view on news articles without understanding why fans are annoyed.

Edited by Gerinako

Just now, Gerinako said:

Fair point 

I just find it infuriating how he defends his point of view on news articles without understanding why fans are annoyed.

Then continues to publish articles that continue perpetuating the problems at the club

Fair point but again he's not bothered. He's not a Wednesday fan

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Lombardo said:

I was thinking of going out for a walk, but it will take me all afternoon to catch-up on all the threads...nightmare....

Can someone do a pre team news summary, then we can debate the formation for the final hour.

The magic elephant is playing in goal.

2 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

Fair point 

He defends his point of view because he has confidence in the sources that give him his info,  fans may well be annoyed but that’s none of his concern, he’s just telling people what he knows ! And I honestly do think 9/10 he’s on the money 

Just now, Royal_D said:

He defends his point of view because he has confidence in the sources that give him his info,  fans may well be annoyed but that’s none of his concern, he’s just telling people what he knows ! And I honestly do think 9/10 he’s on the money 

His point of view of
Look at all the money he's spent on Wednesday
Isn't a defense of how well he's run the club.
But he argues it is

Look - I get he's not an investigative journalist.
But I find some of his hot takes without understanding as disappointing

Nixon has been in the game for decades he will have built up plenty of reliable sources? I’ve followed him for yrs gets more right than wrong overall. In our case he has got plenty right and odd few wrong ? Things change in football very quickly agents changing players minds at the last min?? He got fletcher wrong said he going to Norwich but then we offered him 4 yr not 3? Rhodes he was bang on the money all way through even saying we’d got cold feet in the morning of the transfer to saying they’d put the heated slippers on up in Sheff just b4 it broke he was on his way! Even got the storey about jos bang on the money b4 anyone else did? He now saying it not cost a lot with pulis that ties in with him being on a short term contract that had been rumered b4? As for the money arrived time will tell but it’s one big story, scandal after another and Nixon ob knows more than us 

1 minute ago, Highbury Owl said:

According to my usual reliable source the wages have been stuck in the back of a truck at Calais for ages.

So obviously the French to blame for this one.

Dont know why I didn't figure it out sooner...

Great  

So it's those who voted for Brexit who are to blame

AGAIN

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

His point of view of
Look at all the money he's spent on Wednesday
Isn't a defense of how well he's run the club.
But he argues it is

Look - I get he's not an investigative journalist.
But I find some of his hot takes without understanding as disappointing

Not sure he’s arguing that point at all,  he’s replying to people who are asking if Chansiri is skint , and he’s obviously got his sources that tell him he’s still minted 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

By that logic then the only excuse for late wages would be Chansiri holding the money back. 

If it's a case of being minted and it taking a month to get money from Thailand to England then he should and could be sending the money a month early each month so that people are paid on time

Owlstalk Shop